|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of this section, who is walking the grounds of the hospital, remembering where he used to live?
2. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
(a) To the United States.
(b) Trained in holistic medicine.
(c) A government man.
(d) In prison camp.
3. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
4. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
(a) St. Bernard dog.
(b) A nurse.
(c) The doctor's wife.
(d) A cool breeze.
5. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
(a) No one.
(b) Government officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
2. How many letters per year was the husband of the worker allowed to have each year?
3. The idea of _______ socialism is something that Shulubin promotes when he is talking with Oleg about his past and the future.
4. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
5. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
2. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
3. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
4. Why does the zoo end up depressing Oleg when he is finally able to go there?
5. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
6. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
7. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
8. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
9. Why has Dr. Oreshchenkov been jailed and punished many times during his medical career?
10. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)