|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
(b) No one.
2. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
3. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
4. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
(a) St. Bernard dog.
(b) The doctor's wife.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A cool breeze.
5. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
(a) Prison camps.
(b) Housing projects.
(d) Government programs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
2. What is the name of one of the ineffective doctors who talks to Lev as if Oleg is not there?
3. _________ comes out to see the family car when Pavel is taken back home by his family.
4. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
5. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)