|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaly offer to Pavel before they begin to talk about their lives in more detail?
(b) Birch bark fungus.
2. What does the woman from #138 want from Dyomka after she learns about her breast?
(a) A hug.
(b) A kiss on her breast.
(d) A promise to take care of her.
3. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
4. What is the phrase that Aviette believes is improper to use when she is talking with her father?
(c) Cult of personality.
5. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Sick patient.
(c) Party member.
(d) Powerful man.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ wants to get healthy, return to his village, marry, and have children, according to his plans.
2. Who walks the halls because he cannot sleep in his bed before he is released?
3. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
4. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
5. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
2. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
3. How did Dr. Oreshchenkov finally begin to have his private practice?
4. What happened during the amnesty time to the person who led to the exile of the Kadmins?
5. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
6. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
7. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
8. What happened when Oleg was assigned to the new place, exiled to live there forever by the government?
9. What is the situation of the orderly with whom Oleg talks in the halls when he cannot sleep?
10. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)