|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
2. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A cool breeze.
(c) St. Bernard dog.
(d) The doctor's wife.
3. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
4. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
(c) Paid for.
(d) Family doctor.
5. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
2. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
3. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
4. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
5. Where does Dyomka want Oleg to go when he finally gets out of the hospital after he is treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
2. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
3. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
4. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
5. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
6. Why does the zoo end up depressing Oleg when he is finally able to go there?
7. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
8. What does Lev believe the purpose of the rounds are, so he makes sure to act accordingly?
9. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
10. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)