|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vera reveal about Dontsova when she is talking to Lev during this section?
(a) She is unqualified.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She is being promoted.
(d) She is leaving.
2. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
(a) Bigger piece of land.
(b) Private practice.
(c) Larger salary.
3. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
4. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
5. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
(b) Not helping.
(c) The wrong type.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
2. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
3. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
4. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
5. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
2. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
3. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
4. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
5. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
6. What is the situation of the orderly with whom Oleg talks in the halls when he cannot sleep?
7. Why has Dr. Oreshchenkov been jailed and punished many times during his medical career?
8. What is the current health status of Vadim at the beginning of this section when Dyomka moves?
9. What does Lev believe the purpose of the rounds are, so he makes sure to act accordingly?
10. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)