|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Aviette brought for her father that were approved by the state?
(d) Bottles of vodka.
2. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
3. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
(a) Talk to his family.
(b) Get treatment.
4. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Medical school.
(b) Cancer ward.
(c) Soviet society.
(d) Road system.
5. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
(a) Do nothing.
(b) Wait a few months.
(c) Give her some medication to try.
(d) Get an x-ray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
2. __________ wants to get healthy, return to his village, marry, and have children, according to his plans.
3. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
4. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
5. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the zoo end up depressing Oleg when he is finally able to go there?
2. What is the current health status of Vadim at the beginning of this section when Dyomka moves?
3. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
4. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
5. Why has Dr. Oreshchenkov been jailed and punished many times during his medical career?
6. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
7. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
8. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
9. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
10. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)