|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
2. What does Vera reveal about Dontsova when she is talking to Lev during this section?
(a) She is leaving.
(b) She is being promoted.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She is unqualified.
3. Lev points out that birch tree fungus is all the rage in ________, according to the medical world.
4. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
5. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
2. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
3. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
4. Who believes the purpose of the rounds is to help cheer the patients up during their stay?
5. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
2. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
3. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
4. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
5. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
6. What have Pavel and Oleg decided to do at this point of the story instead of argue with each other?
7. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
8. How did Dr. Oreshchenkov finally begin to have his private practice?
9. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
10. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)