|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaly offer to give to Pavel if Pavel gives him his phone number?
(a) A book.
(b) A connection in the government.
(c) A call.
(d) A deal on good tires.
2. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Powerful man.
(b) Sick patient.
(c) Party member.
3. What are doctors expecting Pavel to develop at any moment of his current treatment program?
(a) Radiation sickness.
(b) Tumor decay.
(c) Secondary tumors.
(d) Brain malaise.
4. What color is Dyomka when he gets out of surgery for his back?
5. What is the name of one of the ineffective doctors who talks to Lev as if Oleg is not there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lev says that a woman will keep a man from doing something ______ in his life.
2. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
3. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
4. What treatment has left Oleg feeling run down and less able to take the walks he used to take in the grounds?
5. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
2. What happened when Oleg was assigned to the new place, exiled to live there forever by the government?
3. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
4. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
5. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
6. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
7. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
8. What have Pavel and Oleg decided to do at this point of the story instead of argue with each other?
9. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
10. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)