|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
2. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
3. What treatment has left Oleg feeling run down and less able to take the walks he used to take in the grounds?
(a) Lack of treatment.
4. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
5. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
(a) Physical sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
2. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
3. Aviette talks about how one should tell others of the _____________ in life, rather than to talk about the opposite side of life.
4. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
5. What color is Dyomka when he gets out of surgery for his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lev believe the purpose of the rounds are, so he makes sure to act accordingly?
2. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
3. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
4. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
5. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
6. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
7. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
8. What happened when Oleg was assigned to the new place, exiled to live there forever by the government?
9. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
10. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)