|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Dyomka when he gets out of surgery for his back?
2. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(c) Government officials.
3. When ________ comes back, Oleg decides to have the transfusion anyway since he trusts this person more.
4. What was missing from the truck when the truck driver returned from a blizzard?
(c) Case of macaroni.
5. What does Chaly offer to Pavel before they begin to talk about their lives in more detail?
(d) Birch bark fungus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
2. Whose mother has found the special treatment for his cancer, and she is sending it through channels?
3. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
4. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
5. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
2. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
3. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
4. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
5. What happened during the amnesty time to the person who led to the exile of the Kadmins?
6. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
7. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
8. What is the current health status of Vadim at the beginning of this section when Dyomka moves?
9. What have Pavel and Oleg decided to do at this point of the story instead of argue with each other?
10. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)