|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
2. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
3. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
(a) Private practice.
(b) Bigger piece of land.
(c) Larger salary.
4. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
5. How many years in prison was the truck driver's sentence when the loss in the truck was discovered?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) He didn't get into trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
2. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
3. What does Chaly offer to Pavel before they begin to talk about their lives in more detail?
4. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
5. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)