|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mother has found the special treatment for his cancer, and she is sending it through channels?
2. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
3. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
(a) No one.
(b) Government officials.
4. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
(b) No one.
5. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
2. Aviette talks about how one should tell others of the _____________ in life, rather than to talk about the opposite side of life.
3. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
4. What is the profession that Aviette wants to pursue, though her father does not support this?
5. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
2. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
3. How did Dr. Oreshchenkov finally begin to have his private practice?
4. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
5. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
6. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
7. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
8. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
9. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
10. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)