|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
2. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
3. Who does Lev seek out in order to find a better conversation than the one that is happening in the private room?
4. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
(a) Get an x-ray.
(b) Do nothing.
(c) Wait a few months.
(d) Give her some medication to try.
5. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is angry with him.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She knows about Zoya.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
2. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
3. What does Chaly offer to give to Pavel if Pavel gives him his phone number?
4. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
5. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
2. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
3. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
4. What is the situation of the orderly with whom Oleg talks in the halls when he cannot sleep?
5. What happened during the amnesty time to the person who led to the exile of the Kadmins?
6. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
7. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
8. What does Dyomka's surgeon have to do immediately after the surgery at the start of this section?
9. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
10. What is supposed to be all the rage in Moscow, according to the surgeon?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)