|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
2. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
3. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Sick patient.
(b) Powerful man.
(c) Party member.
4. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
5. Who does not agree that justice was done in terms of the truck driver situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
2. What does the woman from #138 want from Dyomka after she learns about her breast?
3. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
4. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
5. __________ cannot believe millions of Soviets actually believe the lies that are coming from the government.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
2. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
3. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
4. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
5. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
6. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
7. What happened when Oleg was assigned to the new place, exiled to live there forever by the government?
8. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
9. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
10. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)