|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not agree that justice was done in terms of the truck driver situation?
2. What does Vera reveal about Dontsova when she is talking to Lev during this section?
(a) She is leaving.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She is unqualified.
(d) She is being promoted.
3. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
4. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
5. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
(b) Upset the government.
(c) Two wives.
(d) A boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Aviette brought for her father that were approved by the state?
2. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
3. The deserter was released during ____________ time, but this did not mean the Kadmins were free to go.
4. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
5. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
2. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
3. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
4. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
5. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
6. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
7. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
8. What is supposed to be all the rage in Moscow, according to the surgeon?
9. What have Pavel and Oleg decided to do at this point of the story instead of argue with each other?
10. What happened when Oleg was assigned to the new place, exiled to live there forever by the government?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)