|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
2. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
(d) No one.
3. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
(a) No one.
(b) Government officials.
4. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
5. How many letters per year was the husband of the worker allowed to have each year?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
2. Who decides that Oleg should not see Vera so he is told that she is not there?
3. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
4. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
5. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
2. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
3. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
4. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
5. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
6. What happened during the amnesty time to the person who led to the exile of the Kadmins?
7. Why does the zoo end up depressing Oleg when he is finally able to go there?
8. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
9. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
10. What have Pavel and Oleg decided to do at this point of the story instead of argue with each other?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)