|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
2. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
3. Vera tells Pavel that he can have a(n) _________ at 11:30am that day or he can choose to check out.
4. Where is the cancer that Sibgator has, causing him to be in extreme pain most of the time?
(a) His arm.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His back.
(d) His neck.
5. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
Short Answer Questions
1. The tumor that Pavel has prevents him from being able to ____________, which causes him to change the way he interacts with others.
2. Dontsova has had far more exposure to _________ than is healthy, which is why she is becoming ill herself.
3. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
4. The nurse says there is no one to whom she could give the ________, even if she could take it from Pavel.
5. Yefrem is described as feeling his _______ receding as a part of the disease he is faced with in the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zoya have trouble getting her work done when she is on shift at the hospital?
2. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
3. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
4. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
5. How does Zoya break the rules with the other patients in the ward after Kostoglotov asks to see her books?
6. What does Pavel do with the other patients in the ward since he does not want to learn their names when he sees them?
7. Why is the administrative assistant Olympiada going to be away from the hospital for a few days?
8. When the new man and Dyomka are talking in the ward, what does one of the men say it is better to do than to die?
9. With what does Zoya ask Oleg to help her when she arrives at the hospital for her shift?
10. What is the secret that Vera has been keeping, one that others assume is not the truth and she does not correct them?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)