|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
(a) Car rides.
2. Where does Sibgator decide to stay in order to keep himself comfortable when he is staying at the cancer ward?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) Nurses station.
(c) His bed.
3. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
(a) He isn't ready to go home.
(b) It hasn't started.
(c) It's incomplete.
(d) It doesn't work.
4. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
(a) A lake.
(b) His home.
(c) A hospital.
(d) Long tube.
5. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
2. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
3. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
4. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
5. What does the chief surgeon in the cancer ward do which causes some to think she is not setting a good example?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
2. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
3. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
4. What is the current health status of Vadim at the beginning of this section when Dyomka moves?
5. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
6. What is the secret that Vera has been keeping, one that others assume is not the truth and she does not correct them?
7. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
8. What is the title of the story that most intrigues Yefrem in the collection of stories he is reading?
9. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
10. What does Lev believe the purpose of the rounds are, so he makes sure to act accordingly?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)