|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the women physicians that he is ready to go home, as he often tells them during his time on the ward?
2. Zoya just wants a ________ to be her husband so that she can have a better life than her parents did.
(a) Strong man.
(b) Good man.
(c) Powerful man.
(d) Rich man.
3. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
4. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
5. What does Dontsova decide to grab on her way home from the hospital?
(a) Pain medication.
(c) More treatments for her patients.
(d) A medical kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
2. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
3. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
4. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
5. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
2. With what does Zoya ask Oleg to help her when she arrives at the hospital for her shift?
3. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
4. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
5. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
6. What does Pavel learn from his doctor when he asks about his health condition?
7. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
8. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
9. What is the advice that Oleg gives to Zoya when they are talking at the nurses station?
10. What does Vera find in Oleg's cabinet before an inspection of the ward?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)