Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
(a) Birch tree fungus.
(b) Radiation sickness.
(c) Vera and Dontsova.
(d) His government position.
2. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
(a) The sickest group.
(c) The government.
3. Which of the patients is announced to have died during this portion of the story?
4. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
5. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
(a) By foot.
(c) Her car.
(d) A friend drives her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
2. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
3. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
4. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
5. What does the nurse bring to the ward that Pavel wants to see before anyone else?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Pavel and Oleg decided to do at this point of the story instead of argue with each other?
2. What does Pavel do with the other patients in the ward since he does not want to learn their names when he sees them?
3. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
4. What does Vera find in Oleg's cabinet before an inspection of the ward?
5. What is the advice that Oleg gives to Zoya when they are talking at the nurses station?
6. What is supposed to be all the rage in Moscow, according to the surgeon?
7. What is the situation of the orderly with whom Oleg talks in the halls when he cannot sleep?
8. What does Dyomka's surgeon have to do immediately after the surgery at the start of this section?
9. How does Zoya break the rules with the other patients in the ward after Kostoglotov asks to see her books?
10. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)