|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(a) An armed guard.
(c) No one.
2. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
3. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
(a) Money to go.
4. The tumor that Pavel has prevents him from being able to ____________, which causes him to change the way he interacts with others.
(b) Turn from side to side.
(c) Move his body.
(d) Lift his arm.
5. Who is the night nurse trying to get her work done, but there is too much work for her to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
2. Who is the author of the short stories that Yefrem is reading, which causes Pavel to laugh?
3. What does Kapa attempt to give the nurse in order to help Pavel get better treatment than others?
4. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
5. The other patients make fun of Pavel as they ask him why he is on the ___________ if he does not have cancer.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
2. With what does Zoya ask Oleg to help her when she arrives at the hospital for her shift?
3. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
4. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
5. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
6. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
7. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
8. Why does Dontsova have far more radiation in her body than is healthy for a person to have?
9. When the new man and Dyomka are talking in the ward, what does one of the men say it is better to do than to die?
10. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)