|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
(a) It hasn't started.
(b) It's incomplete.
(c) It doesn't work.
(d) He isn't ready to go home.
2. What does Kapa attempt to give the nurse in order to help Pavel get better treatment than others?
(b) A special badge.
(c) A different pillow.
3. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
4. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(b) Any more pills.
5. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pavel and his wife claim to ______ people, but they do not want to be too close to them at the same time.
2. Zoya just wants a ________ to be her husband so that she can have a better life than her parents did.
3. What does the nurse bring to the ward that Pavel wants to see before anyone else?
4. Dontsova is compared to a(n)on _________ which is overworked and overused, according to the text in the book.
5. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the administrative assistant Olympiada going to be away from the hospital for a few days?
2. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
3. What does Zoya learn about the status of Oleg when they are talking in the doctor's lounge?
4. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
5. Why does Dontsova have far more radiation in her body than is healthy for a person to have?
6. How does Zoya break the rules with the other patients in the ward after Kostoglotov asks to see her books?
7. What does Vera find in Oleg's cabinet before an inspection of the ward?
8. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
9. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
10. Why does Zoya have trouble getting her work done when she is on shift at the hospital?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)