|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse give to Pavel when he wakes up from his injection?
2. What does Zoya like to do when she is not actively helping patients on the ward or studying for school?
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Read romance novels.
3. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
4. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
5. Where is the cancer that Sibgator has, causing him to be in extreme pain most of the time?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His arm.
(c) His back.
(d) His neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
2. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
3. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
4. Vera learns there will be an ________ the next day so the hospital staff needs to put away anything that was not a part of what was issued to the hospital.
5. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
2. Why did Oleg come to the hospital in the first place, according to his conversation with others?
3. What is the advice that Oleg gives to Zoya when they are talking at the nurses station?
4. What does Pavel do with the other patients in the ward since he does not want to learn their names when he sees them?
5. Why does Dontsova have far more radiation in her body than is healthy for a person to have?
6. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
7. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
8. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
9. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
10. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)