|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
(a) His home.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A lake.
(d) Long tube.
2. On what day of the week does Pavel's wife come to see him in the cancer ward?
3. What does Yefrem decide he needs to tell all of the patients on the ward as a part of his life's mission?
(a) He is going to die.
(b) They are all a part of the system.
(c) They are being told lies.
(d) They are going to die.
4. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
(c) Radiation sickness.
5. Vera tells Pavel that he can have a(n) _________ at 11:30am that day or he can choose to check out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kapa tells Pavel she has received a letter from his ________ which brings Pavel bad news about the town.
2. Who is supposed to be absent from the ward for ten days in order to attend a political rally?
3. What does Zoya like to do when she is not actively helping patients on the ward or studying for school?
4. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
5. Vera is more concerned about ________, so she decides to spend more time with him than usual.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only concession that Pavel is allowed when he is entered into the cancer ward along with the other patients?
2. Why does Zoya have trouble getting her work done when she is on shift at the hospital?
3. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
4. Why does the head man want to throw Oleg out of the hospital during the inspection?
5. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
6. With what does Zoya ask Oleg to help her when she arrives at the hospital for her shift?
7. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
8. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
9. How does Zoya break the rules with the other patients in the ward after Kostoglotov asks to see her books?
10. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)