|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their military records.
(c) Past lives.
2. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
(d) Radiation sickness.
3. Yefrem is described as feeling his _______ receding as a part of the disease he is faced with in the story.
4. Who did Pavel put into a school as a result of sending away the child of the woman in the dream?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
5. Dontsova is compared to a(n)on _________ which is overworked and overused, according to the text in the book.
(c) X-ray machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
2. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
3. Pavel assigns ________ to the other patients on the ward after they begin to make fun of him for thinking he doesn't have cancer.
4. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
5. Oleg tells Dontsova that he came to the hospital in order to have his ________ alleviated, according to his description of his history.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
2. What does Pavel find out in the paper when he finally gets a chance to read it after Oleg is done?
3. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
4. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
5. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
6. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
7. What is the advice that Oleg gives to Zoya when they are talking at the nurses station?
8. What does Vera tell Pavel when he begins to get upset with the others in the room?
9. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
10. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)