|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
2. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
(d) Radiation sickness.
3. Dontsova is compared to a(n)on _________ which is overworked and overused, according to the text in the book.
(b) X-ray machine.
4. _________ is a very strong man, a construction worker who travels all over the Soviet Union to do the hardest work.
5. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavel receive after he has had a chance to read the paper after Oleg reads it?
2. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
3. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
4. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
5. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
Short Essay Questions
1. When the new man and Dyomka are talking in the ward, what does one of the men say it is better to do than to die?
2. What does Vera find in Oleg's cabinet before an inspection of the ward?
3. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
4. What does Vera tell Pavel when he begins to get upset with the others in the room?
5. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
6. What does Pavel learn from his doctor when he asks about his health condition?
7. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
8. What is the secret that Vera has been keeping, one that others assume is not the truth and she does not correct them?
9. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
10. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)