|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vera learns there will be an ________ the next day so the hospital staff needs to put away anything that was not a part of what was issued to the hospital.
2. When Pavel talks to his doctor about his condition, his doctor tells him that he does not have ___________.
(a) To worry about medication.
(d) A chance.
3. Vera is more concerned about ________, so she decides to spend more time with him than usual.
4. The other patients make fun of Pavel as they ask him why he is on the ___________ if he does not have cancer.
(b) Soviet medical plan.
(d) Cancer ward.
5. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the patient in #56 realize that the surgeon's answer probably means for his case?
2. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
3. What does the nurse give to Pavel when he wakes up from his injection?
4. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
5. What does Kostoglotov ask to borrow from Zoya when they are flirting together at the nurses station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
2. What is the title of the story that most intrigues Yefrem in the collection of stories he is reading?
3. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
4. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
5. What does Vera tell Pavel when he begins to get upset with the others in the room?
6. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
7. Why is Pavel furious when Oleg takes the paper when it is delivered by a nurse?
8. Why is the administrative assistant Olympiada going to be away from the hospital for a few days?
9. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
10. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)