|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
2. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
(b) Her car.
(c) By foot.
(d) A friend drives her.
3. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) Medical textbooks.
(c) His body.
(d) Patient charts.
4. Dontsova has had far more exposure to _________ than is healthy, which is why she is becoming ill herself.
(d) Cleaning products.
5. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
(d) Be promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is revealed that Pavel is a(n) _____________ supervisor and was instrumental in having many people removed from the town.
2. Who is the author of the short stories that Yefrem is reading, which causes Pavel to laugh?
3. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
4. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
5. What does Kapa attempt to give the nurse in order to help Pavel get better treatment than others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Oleg come to the hospital in the first place, according to his conversation with others?
2. What does Pavel find out in the paper when he finally gets a chance to read it after Oleg is done?
3. Why does Dontsova have far more radiation in her body than is healthy for a person to have?
4. Why does the head man want to throw Oleg out of the hospital during the inspection?
5. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
6. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
7. What is another way that Pavel decides to categorize the other patients in the ward with him, aside from the answer to #5?
8. What is the title of the story that most intrigues Yefrem in the collection of stories he is reading?
9. Why does Zoya have trouble getting her work done when she is on shift at the hospital?
10. What does Pavel learn from his doctor when he asks about his health condition?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)