|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
2. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
(b) The sickest group.
(d) The government.
3. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
4. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
5. Who tries to get the political trip canceled several times, but is unsuccessful in doing so?
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera allows people to assume she has a _________ since she feels it would be embarrassing to admit otherwise.
2. Who is the author of the short stories that Yefrem is reading, which causes Pavel to laugh?
3. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
4. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
5. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
2. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
3. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
4. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
5. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
6. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
7. What is the title of the story that most intrigues Yefrem in the collection of stories he is reading?
8. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
9. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
10. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)