|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
2. Pavel is an important man in the Soviet Union and he has a tumor on his _______ when he comes to the ward.
3. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(a) No one.
(c) An armed guard.
4. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
5. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
2. What is Pavel allowed to wear, which is the only concession in his stay at the hospital?
3. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
4. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
5. Kapa tells Pavel she has received a letter from his ________ which brings Pavel bad news about the town.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
2. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
3. What is the secret that Vera has been keeping, one that others assume is not the truth and she does not correct them?
4. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
5. When the new man and Dyomka are talking in the ward, what does one of the men say it is better to do than to die?
6. Why is Pavel furious when Oleg takes the paper when it is delivered by a nurse?
7. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
8. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
9. Why does Dontsova have far more radiation in her body than is healthy for a person to have?
10. What is the only concession that Pavel is allowed when he is entered into the cancer ward along with the other patients?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)