|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose magic root needs to be poured out in order to avoid being found by the authorities?
(a) No one's.
2. Which of the patients is announced to have died during this portion of the story?
3. Who does Zoya enlist to help her with the administrative duties she needs to do?
4. The nurse says there is no one to whom she could give the ________, even if she could take it from Pavel.
5. Dontsova has had far more exposure to _________ than is healthy, which is why she is becoming ill herself.
(d) Cleaning products.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
2. What does Pavel receive after he has had a chance to read the paper after Oleg reads it?
3. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
4. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
5. Who did Pavel put into a school as a result of sending away the child of the woman in the dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zoya learn about the status of Oleg when they are talking in the doctor's lounge?
2. What does Pavel do with the other patients in the ward since he does not want to learn their names when he sees them?
3. What is the advice that Oleg gives to Zoya when they are talking at the nurses station?
4. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
5. How does Zoya break the rules with the other patients in the ward after Kostoglotov asks to see her books?
6. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
7. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
8. Why does the head man want to throw Oleg out of the hospital during the inspection?
9. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
10. What is the title of the story that most intrigues Yefrem in the collection of stories he is reading?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)