|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
(b) Field hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) Boarding school.
2. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
(b) Radiation sickness.
3. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
4. Dontsova tells Oleg that he should stay in the ward because she wants to _______ him, even though he is feeling better now.
(d) Get to know.
5. How does Dontsova travel to and from the hospital?
(c) By foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera allows people to assume she has a _________ since she feels it would be embarrassing to admit otherwise.
2. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
3. What is the nickname that is assigned to Kostoglotov by Pavel when Pavel first meets this person?
4. Nellya is a(n) _________ who only does a part of her job, choosing instead to take a nap in the middle of her shift.
5. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
2. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
3. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
4. What is the only concession that Pavel is allowed when he is entered into the cancer ward along with the other patients?
5. What does Pavel learn from his doctor when he asks about his health condition?
6. Why does Zoya have trouble getting her work done when she is on shift at the hospital?
7. Why did Oleg come to the hospital in the first place, according to his conversation with others?
8. What is another way that Pavel decides to categorize the other patients in the ward with him, aside from the answer to #5?
9. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
10. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)