|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
(a) The womens bathroom.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) Nurses lounge.
(d) Doctor's lounge.
2. Who did Pavel put into a school as a result of sending away the child of the woman in the dream?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her sister.
3. What does Yefrem decide he needs to tell all of the patients on the ward as a part of his life's mission?
(a) They are going to die.
(b) They are all a part of the system.
(c) They are being told lies.
(d) He is going to die.
4. What does the patient in #56 realize that the surgeon's answer probably means for his case?
(a) He is on the right path.
(b) He is a goner.
(c) He is going to get better soon.
(d) He is cured.
5. Where does Sibgator decide to stay in order to keep himself comfortable when he is staying at the cancer ward?
(a) Nurses station.
(c) His bed.
(d) A bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dontsova tells Oleg that he should stay in the ward because she wants to _______ him, even though he is feeling better now.
2. Whose magic root needs to be poured out in order to avoid being found by the authorities?
3. What does Zoya like to do when she is not actively helping patients on the ward or studying for school?
4. _________ is a very strong man, a construction worker who travels all over the Soviet Union to do the hardest work.
5. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vera tell Pavel when he begins to get upset with the others in the room?
2. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
3. What does Pavel do with the other patients in the ward since he does not want to learn their names when he sees them?
4. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
5. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
6. What does Ustinovna do when she is not smoking a cigarette, which shows that she is a heavy smoker?
7. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
8. When the new man and Dyomka are talking in the ward, what does one of the men say it is better to do than to die?
9. Why is the administrative assistant Olympiada going to be away from the hospital for a few days?
10. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)