|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
2. Who is the night nurse trying to get her work done, but there is too much work for her to do?
3. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
(a) Money to go.
4. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) His body.
(b) Patient charts.
(d) Medical textbooks.
5. How does Dontsova travel to and from the hospital?
(b) By foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
2. What does the nurse give to Pavel when he wakes up from his injection?
3. What is Dontsova's excuse for not being able to finish a project on which she has been working for a long time?
4. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
5. Nellya is a(n) _________ who only does a part of her job, choosing instead to take a nap in the middle of her shift.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the title of the story that most intrigues Yefrem in the collection of stories he is reading?
2. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
3. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
4. What does Vera find in Oleg's cabinet before an inspection of the ward?
5. What is another way that Pavel decides to categorize the other patients in the ward with him, aside from the answer to #5?
6. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
7. What does Pavel learn from his doctor when he asks about his health condition?
8. What does Zoya learn about the status of Oleg when they are talking in the doctor's lounge?
9. Why does Zoya have trouble getting her work done when she is on shift at the hospital?
10. Why did Oleg come to the hospital in the first place, according to his conversation with others?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)