|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zoya like to do when she is not actively helping patients on the ward or studying for school?
(b) Read romance novels.
(c) Watch TV.
2. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
(d) Birch bark fungus.
3. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
(a) Case study.
4. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
(c) Money to go.
5. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
(a) His son.
(b) The president.
(c) The authorities.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
2. How does Dontsova travel to and from the hospital?
3. The nurse says there is no one to whom she could give the ________, even if she could take it from Pavel.
4. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
5. The tumor that Pavel has prevents him from being able to ____________, which causes him to change the way he interacts with others.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ustinovna do when she is not smoking a cigarette, which shows that she is a heavy smoker?
2. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
3. How does Zoya break the rules with the other patients in the ward after Kostoglotov asks to see her books?
4. Why does the head man want to throw Oleg out of the hospital during the inspection?
5. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
6. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
7. What is the title of the story that most intrigues Yefrem in the collection of stories he is reading?
8. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
9. Why is Pavel furious when Oleg takes the paper when it is delivered by a nurse?
10. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)