|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pavel talks to his doctor about his condition, his doctor tells him that he does not have ___________.
(b) A chance.
(c) To worry about medication.
2. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
3. What does Zoya like to do when she is not actively helping patients on the ward or studying for school?
(a) Read romance novels.
(d) Watch TV.
4. What does Oleg reveal to be his status in the country when he is speaking with Zoya after she gets off work?
(a) Political exile.
(b) Criminal exile.
(d) Administrative exile.
5. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(c) Any more pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oleg tells Dontsova that he came to the hospital in order to have his ________ alleviated, according to his description of his history.
2. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
3. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
4. What is Pavel allowed to wear, which is the only concession in his stay at the hospital?
5. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
2. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
3. Why did Oleg come to the hospital in the first place, according to his conversation with others?
4. Why does Dontsova have far more radiation in her body than is healthy for a person to have?
5. What does Pavel learn from his doctor when he asks about his health condition?
6. Why has Zoya decided to wear a particular dress on the day that starts out this section of the book?
7. Why does the head man want to throw Oleg out of the hospital during the inspection?
8. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
9. What is the secret that Vera has been keeping, one that others assume is not the truth and she does not correct them?
10. What does Vera find in Oleg's cabinet before an inspection of the ward?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)