|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
(c) Car rides.
2. Yefrem is described as feeling his _______ receding as a part of the disease he is faced with in the story.
3. Where does Sibgator decide to stay in order to keep himself comfortable when he is staying at the cancer ward?
(a) His bed.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) Nurses station.
4. Nellya is a(n) _________ who only does a part of her job, choosing instead to take a nap in the middle of her shift.
5. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
(a) Birch bark fungus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chief surgeon in the cancer ward do which causes some to think she is not setting a good example?
2. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
3. What is the nickname that is assigned to Kostoglotov by Pavel when Pavel first meets this person?
4. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
5. Vera learns there will be an ________ the next day so the hospital staff needs to put away anything that was not a part of what was issued to the hospital.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
2. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
3. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
4. Why does Dontsova have far more radiation in her body than is healthy for a person to have?
5. Why does Zoya have trouble getting her work done when she is on shift at the hospital?
6. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
7. Why is the administrative assistant Olympiada going to be away from the hospital for a few days?
8. What does Pavel almost forget to tell his wife during their Sunday visit at the hospital?
9. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
10. With what does Zoya ask Oleg to help her when she arrives at the hospital for her shift?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)