|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavel receive after he has had a chance to read the paper after Oleg reads it?
2. Pavel is an important man in the Soviet Union and he has a tumor on his _______ when he comes to the ward.
3. Who is the author of the short stories that Yefrem is reading, which causes Pavel to laugh?
4. Vera allows people to assume she has a _________ since she feels it would be embarrassing to admit otherwise.
(d) Medical degree.
5. Who tries to get the political trip canceled several times, but is unsuccessful in doing so?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
2. What does the chief surgeon in the cancer ward do which causes some to think she is not setting a good example?
3. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
4. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
5. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
2. What does Zoya learn about the status of Oleg when they are talking in the doctor's lounge?
3. What is the secret that Vera has been keeping, one that others assume is not the truth and she does not correct them?
4. What does Pavel learn from his doctor when he asks about his health condition?
5. What does Vera tell Pavel when he begins to get upset with the others in the room?
6. What does Vera find in Oleg's cabinet before an inspection of the ward?
7. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
8. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
9. What is another way that Pavel decides to categorize the other patients in the ward with him, aside from the answer to #5?
10. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)