|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kostoglotov ask to borrow from Zoya when they are flirting together at the nurses station?
(b) Medical textbook.
(d) A bottle of water.
2. It is revealed that Pavel is a(n) _____________ supervisor and was instrumental in having many people removed from the town.
(b) Personnel records.
3. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(a) Any more pills.
4. Who can read a little Latin, which allows him to decipher that one patient has an untreatable tumor?
5. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Oleg and Zoya filling up in the supply room when they suddenly begin kissing each other?
2. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
3. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
4. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
5. The nurse says there is no one to whom she could give the ________, even if she could take it from Pavel.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zoya have trouble getting her work done when she is on shift at the hospital?
2. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
3. What does Pavel do with the other patients in the ward since he does not want to learn their names when he sees them?
4. What is the advice that Oleg gives to Zoya when they are talking at the nurses station?
5. What does the new man say that life is for when Yefrem joins the conversation?
6. Why did Oleg come to the hospital in the first place, according to his conversation with others?
7. Why does Sibgator decide that he wants to stand in the hallway instead of having a bed like everyone else in the ward?
8. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
9. What is the secret that Vera has been keeping, one that others assume is not the truth and she does not correct them?
10. Why was Oleg never told about the original biopsies of his primary tumor?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)