|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
(a) Radiation sickness.
2. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
3. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
(a) A school.
(c) Field hospital.
(d) Boarding school.
4. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(d) Any more pills.
5. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. The other patients make fun of Pavel as they ask him why he is on the ___________ if he does not have cancer.
2. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
3. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
4. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
5. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the administrative assistant Olympiada going to be away from the hospital for a few days?
2. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
3. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
4. What is the current health status of Vadim at the beginning of this section when Dyomka moves?
5. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
6. What does Oleg know about Vera, even though this does not stop him from being attracted to her?
7. What does Kapa try to give to the nurse, though the nurse says that she cannot accept this from her?
8. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
9. What is the secret that Vera has been keeping, one that others assume is not the truth and she does not correct them?
10. What does Yefrem consider to be a personal goal of his when he is in the cancer ward?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)