|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
2. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
(d) No one.
3. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
4. Who believes himself to be completely cured at this point of the story?
5. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
6. Who does not agree that justice was done in terms of the truck driver situation?
7. Where does Oleg go in order to go back to Ush-Terek?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Exile office.
(c) Vera's house.
(d) Train station.
8. What does Vera reveal about Dontsova when she is talking to Lev during this section?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) She is leaving.
(c) She is being promoted.
(d) She is unqualified.
9. What does Chaly offer to give to Pavel if Pavel gives him his phone number?
(a) A connection in the government.
(b) A call.
(c) A book.
(d) A deal on good tires.
10. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
11. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
12. What color is Dyomka when he gets out of surgery for his back?
13. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
14. How many years in prison was the truck driver's sentence when the loss in the truck was discovered?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) He didn't get into trouble.
(d) 10 years.
15. What is the name of one of the ineffective doctors who talks to Lev as if Oleg is not there?
Short Answer Questions
1. When ________ comes back, Oleg decides to have the transfusion anyway since he trusts this person more.
2. At the start of this section, who is walking the grounds of the hospital, remembering where he used to live?
3. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
4. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
5. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)