|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aviette talks about how one should tell others of the _____________ in life, rather than to talk about the opposite side of life.
(a) Good things.
(d) Bad things.
2. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
(b) Get treatment.
(c) Talk to his family.
3. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
4. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
5. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
6. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
7. What does the woman from #138 want from Dyomka after she learns about her breast?
(a) A hug.
(c) A kiss on her breast.
(d) A promise to take care of her.
8. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
9. What are doctors expecting Pavel to develop at any moment of his current treatment program?
(a) Brain malaise.
(b) Secondary tumors.
(c) Tumor decay.
(d) Radiation sickness.
10. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(d) Government officials.
11. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
12. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Road system.
(b) Medical school.
(c) Soviet society.
(d) Cancer ward.
13. Who walks the halls because he cannot sleep in his bed before he is released?
14. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
15. Where does Oleg go in order to go back to Ush-Terek?
(a) Train station.
(b) Exile office.
(c) Vera's house.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
2. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
3. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
4. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
5. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)