|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(d) Government officials.
2. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
3. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
4. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
(a) Private practice.
(c) Larger salary.
(d) Bigger piece of land.
5. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) Two wives.
(c) Upset the government.
6. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
7. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Cancer ward.
(b) Soviet society.
(c) Road system.
(d) Medical school.
8. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
9. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
10. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
11. To what does Dyomka finally agree in order to be moved out of the ward?
(a) To being cured.
(b) To no more treatments.
(c) To having more injections.
12. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
13. The idea of _______ socialism is something that Shulubin promotes when he is talking with Oleg about his past and the future.
14. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
15. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
2. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
3. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
4. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
5. In the case of the women who were accused of stealing, what was their punishment?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)