|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lev says that a woman will keep a man from doing something ______ in his life.
2. Who believes himself to be completely cured at this point of the story?
3. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
4. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) Two wives.
(d) Upset the government.
5. At the start of this section, who is walking the grounds of the hospital, remembering where he used to live?
6. In the case of the women who were accused of stealing, what was their punishment?
(a) Pay back what they stole.
(b) Community service.
(c) Capital punishment.
(d) Jail time.
7. What is the phrase that Aviette believes is improper to use when she is talking with her father?
(d) Cult of personality.
8. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
(c) No one.
9. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
10. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
11. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
(a) Family doctor.
(b) Paid for.
12. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
(a) Trained in holistic medicine.
(b) To the United States.
(c) In prison camp.
(d) A government man.
13. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
(c) Government officials.
(d) No one.
14. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
15. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the ineffective doctors who talks to Lev as if Oleg is not there?
2. Vera finds out that Oleg has charmed Zoya to get out of having ___________.
3. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
4. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
5. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)