|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
2. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
(a) To the United States.
(b) A government man.
(c) In prison camp.
(d) Trained in holistic medicine.
3. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
(b) The wrong type.
(d) Not helping.
4. What has Aviette brought for her father that were approved by the state?
(a) Bottles of vodka.
5. __________ cannot believe millions of Soviets actually believe the lies that are coming from the government.
6. To what does Dyomka finally agree in order to be moved out of the ward?
(b) To no more treatments.
(c) To having more injections.
(d) To being cured.
7. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
8. What does Chaly offer to give to Pavel if Pavel gives him his phone number?
(a) A deal on good tires.
(b) A call.
(c) A connection in the government.
(d) A book.
9. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
(a) No one's.
10. What does Chaly offer to Pavel before they begin to talk about their lives in more detail?
(a) Birch bark fungus.
11. The deserter was released during ____________ time, but this did not mean the Kadmins were free to go.
(a) Cold war.
12. What are doctors expecting Pavel to develop at any moment of his current treatment program?
(a) Radiation sickness.
(b) Secondary tumors.
(c) Brain malaise.
(d) Tumor decay.
13. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
14. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
15. Out of the five doctors who are receiving pay, how many of them are capable of operating on patients?
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that Oleg should not see Vera so he is told that she is not there?
2. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
3. What was missing from the truck when the truck driver returned from a blizzard?
4. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
5. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)