|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lev seek out in order to find a better conversation than the one that is happening in the private room?
2. What is the phrase that Aviette believes is improper to use when she is talking with her father?
(b) Cult of personality.
3. In the case of the women who were accused of stealing, what was their punishment?
(a) Community service.
(b) Pay back what they stole.
(c) Capital punishment.
(d) Jail time.
4. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
5. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
6. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
7. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
8. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
(a) Larger salary.
(c) Bigger piece of land.
(d) Private practice.
9. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
(a) Two wives.
(b) Upset the government.
(c) A boyfriend.
10. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
11. What is the profession that Aviette wants to pursue, though her father does not support this?
12. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
(d) No one.
13. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
(d) Physical sciences.
14. What are doctors expecting Pavel to develop at any moment of his current treatment program?
(a) Tumor decay.
(b) Brain malaise.
(c) Secondary tumors.
(d) Radiation sickness.
15. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
2. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
3. To what does Dyomka finally agree in order to be moved out of the ward?
4. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
5. What does Chaly offer to Pavel before they begin to talk about their lives in more detail?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)