|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years in prison was the truck driver's sentence when the loss in the truck was discovered?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) He didn't get into trouble.
(d) 4 years.
2. Who does not agree that justice was done in terms of the truck driver situation?
3. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
(b) No one.
4. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Road system.
(b) Cancer ward.
(c) Soviet society.
(d) Medical school.
5. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(b) Government officials.
6. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
7. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
(a) Paid for.
(c) Family doctor.
8. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
(b) Government programs.
(c) Housing projects.
(d) Prison camps.
9. The deserter was released during ____________ time, but this did not mean the Kadmins were free to go.
(b) Cold war.
10. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
11. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
12. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
(a) A cool breeze.
(b) St. Bernard dog.
(c) The doctor's wife.
(d) A nurse.
13. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
(a) The wrong type.
(b) Not helping.
14. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
15. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman from #138 want from Dyomka after she learns about her breast?
2. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
3. Vera finds out that Oleg has charmed Zoya to get out of having ___________.
4. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
5. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)