|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
2. __________ cannot believe millions of Soviets actually believe the lies that are coming from the government.
3. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
(a) A government man.
(b) In prison camp.
(c) Trained in holistic medicine.
(d) To the United States.
4. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
5. What is the profession that Aviette wants to pursue, though her father does not support this?
6. __________ wants to get healthy, return to his village, marry, and have children, according to his plans.
7. Where does Oleg go in order to go back to Ush-Terek?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Exile office.
(c) Vera's house.
(d) Train station.
8. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
9. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
10. Who does Lev seek out in order to find a better conversation than the one that is happening in the private room?
11. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Medical school.
(b) Road system.
(c) Cancer ward.
(d) Soviet society.
12. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
13. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
14. Lev points out that birch tree fungus is all the rage in ________, according to the medical world.
15. To what does Dyomka finally agree in order to be moved out of the ward?
(a) To no more treatments.
(b) To being cured.
(d) To having more injections.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
2. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
3. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
4. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
5. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)