|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When ________ comes back, Oleg decides to have the transfusion anyway since he trusts this person more.
2. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Powerful man.
(b) Party member.
(c) Sick patient.
3. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Cancer ward.
(b) Road system.
(c) Soviet society.
(d) Medical school.
4. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
5. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
(a) Government officials.
(d) No one.
6. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
7. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
(b) Physical sciences.
8. What does the woman from #138 want from Dyomka after she learns about her breast?
(b) A kiss on her breast.
(c) A hug.
(d) A promise to take care of her.
9. Where does Oleg go in order to go back to Ush-Terek?
(a) Exile office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Train station.
(d) Vera's house.
10. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
11. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
12. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
(b) A boyfriend.
(c) Upset the government.
(d) Two wives.
13. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
14. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
(a) Talk to his family.
(b) Get treatment.
15. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Dyomka finally agree in order to be moved out of the ward?
2. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
3. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
4. Lev points out that birch tree fungus is all the rage in ________, according to the medical world.
5. What has Aviette brought for her father that were approved by the state?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)