|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
2. What will Dontsova not read because she doesn't want to know what they say about her?
(c) Progress notes.
(d) Lab reports.
3. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
4. Aviette talks about how one should tell others of the _____________ in life, rather than to talk about the opposite side of life.
(a) Bad things.
(c) Good things.
5. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Sick patient.
(c) Party member.
(d) Powerful man.
6. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
7. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
8. What is the profession that Aviette wants to pursue, though her father does not support this?
9. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
10. What does Vera reveal about Dontsova when she is talking to Lev during this section?
(a) She is unqualified.
(b) She is leaving.
(c) She is being promoted.
(d) She has cancer.
11. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
12. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
(b) Get treatment.
(c) Talk to his family.
13. To what does Dyomka finally agree in order to be moved out of the ward?
(a) To no more treatments.
(b) To having more injections.
(c) To being cured.
14. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
15. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
2. Whose mother has found the special treatment for his cancer, and she is sending it through channels?
3. How many years in prison was the truck driver's sentence when the loss in the truck was discovered?
4. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
5. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)