|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When ________ comes back, Oleg decides to have the transfusion anyway since he trusts this person more.
2. In the case of the women who were accused of stealing, what was their punishment?
(a) Capital punishment.
(b) Community service.
(c) Jail time.
(d) Pay back what they stole.
3. Lev says that a woman will keep a man from doing something ______ in his life.
4. What treatment has left Oleg feeling run down and less able to take the walks he used to take in the grounds?
(a) Lack of treatment.
5. Who believes the purpose of the rounds is to help cheer the patients up during their stay?
6. What is the name of one of the ineffective doctors who talks to Lev as if Oleg is not there?
7. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
(a) Talk to his family.
(d) Get treatment.
8. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(a) Government officials.
9. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
10. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
(a) St. Bernard dog.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A cool breeze.
(d) The doctor's wife.
11. What does Vera reveal about Dontsova when she is talking to Lev during this section?
(a) She is leaving.
(b) She is being promoted.
(c) She is unqualified.
(d) She has cancer.
12. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
13. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
(a) To the United States.
(b) Trained in holistic medicine.
(c) In prison camp.
(d) A government man.
14. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
15. What does Chaly offer to give to Pavel if Pavel gives him his phone number?
(a) A call.
(b) A book.
(c) A deal on good tires.
(d) A connection in the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dyomka want Oleg to go when he finally gets out of the hospital after he is treated?
2. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
3. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
4. What will Dontsova not read because she doesn't want to know what they say about her?
5. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)