|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
2. When ________ comes back, Oleg decides to have the transfusion anyway since he trusts this person more.
3. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
4. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
5. The deserter was released during ____________ time, but this did not mean the Kadmins were free to go.
(a) Cold war.
6. What are doctors expecting Pavel to develop at any moment of his current treatment program?
(a) Brain malaise.
(b) Radiation sickness.
(c) Secondary tumors.
(d) Tumor decay.
7. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
8. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
9. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
10. In the case of the women who were accused of stealing, what was their punishment?
(a) Capital punishment.
(b) Pay back what they stole.
(c) Jail time.
(d) Community service.
11. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
12. Whose mother has found the special treatment for his cancer, and she is sending it through channels?
13. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
14. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(b) Government officials.
15. What does Vera reveal about Dontsova when she is talking to Lev during this section?
(a) She is being promoted.
(b) She is leaving.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She is unqualified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
2. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
3. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
4. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
5. What is the name of one of the ineffective doctors who talks to Lev as if Oleg is not there?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)