|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
2. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Cancer ward.
(b) Soviet society.
(c) Road system.
(d) Medical school.
3. In the case of the women who were accused of stealing, what was their punishment?
(a) Jail time.
(b) Pay back what they stole.
(c) Community service.
(d) Capital punishment.
4. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
(a) Family doctor.
(b) Paid for.
5. The idea of _______ socialism is something that Shulubin promotes when he is talking with Oleg about his past and the future.
6. Aviette talks about how one should tell others of the _____________ in life, rather than to talk about the opposite side of life.
(b) Bad things.
(c) Good things.
7. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
8. Out of the five doctors who are receiving pay, how many of them are capable of operating on patients?
(b) All of them.
9. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
10. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
11. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
12. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
(a) The wrong type.
(b) Not helping.
13. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
14. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
15. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
2. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
3. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
4. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
5. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)