|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Dontsova not read because she doesn't want to know what they say about her?
(a) Lab reports.
(c) Progress notes.
2. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
3. Who does not agree that justice was done in terms of the truck driver situation?
4. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
(a) No one's.
5. Who does Lev seek out in order to find a better conversation than the one that is happening in the private room?
6. How many letters per year was the husband of the worker allowed to have each year?
7. _________ comes out to see the family car when Pavel is taken back home by his family.
8. Out of the five doctors who are receiving pay, how many of them are capable of operating on patients?
(d) All of them.
9. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
10. What does Chaly offer to Pavel before they begin to talk about their lives in more detail?
(a) Birch bark fungus.
11. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Powerful man.
(c) Sick patient.
(d) Party member.
12. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
13. What is the profession that Aviette wants to pursue, though her father does not support this?
14. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
15. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
2. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
3. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
4. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
5. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)