|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
(b) Family doctor.
(d) Paid for.
2. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
3. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
4. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
5. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
(a) Private practice.
(b) Bigger piece of land.
(d) Larger salary.
6. What is the profession that Aviette wants to pursue, though her father does not support this?
7. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
(d) No one's.
8. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
9. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
10. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
11. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
12. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
13. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
14. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
15. At the start of this section, who is walking the grounds of the hospital, remembering where he used to live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
2. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
3. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
4. Lev says that a woman will keep a man from doing something ______ in his life.
5. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)