|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
(a) A nurse.
(b) St. Bernard dog.
(c) The doctor's wife.
(d) A cool breeze.
2. Where does Oleg go in order to go back to Ush-Terek?
(a) Exile office.
(b) Train station.
(c) Vera's house.
(d) The hospital.
3. Out of the five doctors who are receiving pay, how many of them are capable of operating on patients?
(d) All of them.
4. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
5. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
(a) Housing projects.
(b) Prison camps.
(c) Government programs.
6. How many years in prison was the truck driver's sentence when the loss in the truck was discovered?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) He didn't get into trouble.
(d) 10 years.
7. Aviette talks about how one should tell others of the _____________ in life, rather than to talk about the opposite side of life.
(a) Bad things.
(d) Good things.
8. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
9. Vera finds out that Oleg has charmed Zoya to get out of having ___________.
(c) Bed pain.
10. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
11. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
(c) Physical sciences.
12. What has Aviette brought for her father that were approved by the state?
(b) Bottles of vodka.
13. To what does Dyomka finally agree in order to be moved out of the ward?
(b) To no more treatments.
(c) To being cured.
(d) To having more injections.
14. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
(a) No one's.
15. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
(a) Not helping.
(d) The wrong type.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes the purpose of the rounds is to help cheer the patients up during their stay?
2. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
3. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
4. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
5. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)