|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
(a) She knows about Zoya.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is bored.
2. To what does Dyomka finally agree in order to be moved out of the ward?
(a) To no more treatments.
(c) To having more injections.
(d) To being cured.
3. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
4. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
5. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
6. What was missing from the truck when the truck driver returned from a blizzard?
(d) Case of macaroni.
7. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
8. __________ wants to get healthy, return to his village, marry, and have children, according to his plans.
9. The deserter was released during ____________ time, but this did not mean the Kadmins were free to go.
(b) Cold war.
10. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Medical school.
(b) Cancer ward.
(c) Soviet society.
(d) Road system.
11. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
12. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
13. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(a) Government officials.
14. Who does Pavel offer a ride when he is driving away from the hospital?
(b) No one.
15. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
2. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
3. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
4. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
5. Whose mother has found the special treatment for his cancer, and she is sending it through channels?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)