|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
2. What does Vera reveal about Dontsova when she is talking to Lev during this section?
(a) She is leaving.
(b) She is being promoted.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She is unqualified.
3. At the start of this section, who is walking the grounds of the hospital, remembering where he used to live?
4. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
5. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
6. Whose mother has found the special treatment for his cancer, and she is sending it through channels?
7. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
8. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
9. In the case of the women who were accused of stealing, what was their punishment?
(a) Community service.
(b) Jail time.
(c) Pay back what they stole.
(d) Capital punishment.
10. Who believes himself to be completely cured at this point of the story?
11. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
12. The deserter was released during ____________ time, but this did not mean the Kadmins were free to go.
(d) Cold war.
13. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
14. Lev says that a woman will keep a man from doing something ______ in his life.
15. __________ cannot believe millions of Soviets actually believe the lies that are coming from the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lev seek out in order to find a better conversation than the one that is happening in the private room?
2. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
3. __________ wants to get healthy, return to his village, marry, and have children, according to his plans.
4. Aviette talks about how one should tell others of the _____________ in life, rather than to talk about the opposite side of life.
5. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)