|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
2. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) Two wives.
(d) Upset the government.
3. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(b) Government officials.
4. Out of the five doctors who are receiving pay, how many of them are capable of operating on patients?
(d) All of them.
5. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
(a) Get treatment.
(c) Talk to his family.
6. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Powerful man.
(c) Party member.
(d) Sick patient.
7. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
8. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
(c) Paid for.
(d) Family doctor.
9. What does Chaly offer to give to Pavel if Pavel gives him his phone number?
(a) A deal on good tires.
(b) A connection in the government.
(c) A book.
(d) A call.
10. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
11. __________ cannot believe millions of Soviets actually believe the lies that are coming from the government.
12. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
13. What treatment has left Oleg feeling run down and less able to take the walks he used to take in the grounds?
(d) Lack of treatment.
14. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
15. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
(a) Prison camps.
(b) Government programs.
(d) Housing projects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
2. How many letters per year was the husband of the worker allowed to have each year?
3. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
4. Who believes the purpose of the rounds is to help cheer the patients up during their stay?
5. Where does Dyomka want Oleg to go when he finally gets out of the hospital after he is treated?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)