|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
2. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Powerful man.
(c) Party member.
(d) Sick patient.
3. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
4. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
(c) The wrong type.
(d) Not helping.
5. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
6. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
7. How many years in prison was the truck driver's sentence when the loss in the truck was discovered?
(a) He didn't get into trouble.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
8. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
(a) The doctor's wife.
(b) St. Bernard dog.
(c) A cool breeze.
(d) A nurse.
9. When ________ comes back, Oleg decides to have the transfusion anyway since he trusts this person more.
10. Who does not agree that justice was done in terms of the truck driver situation?
11. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
(a) Give her some medication to try.
(b) Do nothing.
(c) Get an x-ray.
(d) Wait a few months.
12. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
(b) No one.
(c) Government officials.
13. Where does Oleg go in order to go back to Ush-Terek?
(a) Train station.
(b) Exile office.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Vera's house.
14. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
15. One of the ________ was exiled as well and lost her daughter in the process.
(b) Government officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
2. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
3. What color is Dyomka when he gets out of surgery for his back?
4. What does the woman from #138 want from Dyomka after she learns about her breast?
5. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)