|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
2. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
3. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
4. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
5. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
(a) Family doctor.
(d) Paid for.
6. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
(b) Bigger piece of land.
(c) Private practice.
(d) Larger salary.
7. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
8. Whose mother has found the special treatment for his cancer, and she is sending it through channels?
9. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
10. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
11. Who believes the purpose of the rounds is to help cheer the patients up during their stay?
12. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
13. Lev points out that birch tree fungus is all the rage in ________, according to the medical world.
14. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
15. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
(a) Soviet society.
(b) Road system.
(c) Cancer ward.
(d) Medical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
2. Who does Oleg recognize in the crowd at the train station so he makes sure he gets on the train last?
3. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
4. Vera finds out that Oleg has charmed Zoya to get out of having ___________.
5. Who walks the halls because he cannot sleep in his bed before he is released?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)