|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
2. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
(a) Wait a few months.
(b) Give her some medication to try.
(c) Do nothing.
(d) Get an x-ray.
3. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
(a) Sick patient.
(b) Party member.
(c) Powerful man.
4. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
5. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
6. Vera finds out that Oleg has charmed Zoya to get out of having ___________.
(b) Bed pain.
7. Who does Lev seek out in order to find a better conversation than the one that is happening in the private room?
8. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
(a) To the United States.
(b) A government man.
(c) In prison camp.
(d) Trained in holistic medicine.
9. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
10. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
11. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
12. What has Aviette brought for her father that were approved by the state?
(c) Bottles of vodka.
13. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
(a) Government officials.
(d) No one.
14. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
15. What did Oleg feel he needed to wait to do when he was living in the wild land?
(a) Talk to his family.
(b) Get treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
2. Lev says that a woman will keep a man from doing something ______ in his life.
3. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
4. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
5. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)