|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks the halls because he cannot sleep in his bed before he is released?
2. _________ comes out to see the family car when Pavel is taken back home by his family.
3. __________ wants to get healthy, return to his village, marry, and have children, according to his plans.
4. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
5. Where does Dyomka want Oleg to go when he finally gets out of the hospital after he is treated?
(a) Grocery store.
6. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
7. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
8. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
9. Which of the patients is told that she will need to have her breast cut off in order to be saved?
10. Whose mother has found the special treatment for his cancer, and she is sending it through channels?
11. How many years in prison was the truck driver's sentence when the loss in the truck was discovered?
(a) He didn't get into trouble.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
13. What treatment has left Oleg feeling run down and less able to take the walks he used to take in the grounds?
(d) Lack of treatment.
14. What will Dontsova not read because she doesn't want to know what they say about her?
(b) Lab reports.
(c) Progress notes.
15. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
(a) Upset the government.
(b) A boyfriend.
(d) Two wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of this section, who is walking the grounds of the hospital, remembering where he used to live?
2. What does Chaly offer to Pavel before they begin to talk about their lives in more detail?
3. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
4. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
5. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)