|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
(a) A government man.
(b) To the United States.
(c) In prison camp.
(d) Trained in holistic medicine.
2. The idea of _______ socialism is something that Shulubin promotes when he is talking with Oleg about his past and the future.
3. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
4. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
5. Out of the five doctors who are receiving pay, how many of them are capable of operating on patients?
(a) All of them.
6. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
7. Who does not agree that justice was done in terms of the truck driver situation?
8. At the start of this section, who is walking the grounds of the hospital, remembering where he used to live?
9. What was missing from the truck when the truck driver returned from a blizzard?
(a) Case of macaroni.
10. Who believes himself to be completely cured at this point of the story?
11. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
12. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
(a) The wrong type.
(d) Not helping.
13. The deserter was released during ____________ time, but this did not mean the Kadmins were free to go.
(a) Cold war.
14. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
15. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
2. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
3. What is the name of one of the ineffective doctors who talks to Lev as if Oleg is not there?
4. Vera finds out that Oleg gets a ________ from Zoya every morning.
5. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)