|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose house is Oleg told he could stay after he is discharged from the hospital that day?
(d) No one's.
2. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
3. What color is Dyomka when he gets out of surgery for his back?
4. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
5. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is angry with him.
(c) She knows about Zoya.
(d) She is bored.
6. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
7. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
8. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
(a) A cool breeze.
(b) The doctor's wife.
(c) A nurse.
(d) St. Bernard dog.
9. When ________ comes back, Oleg decides to have the transfusion anyway since he trusts this person more.
10. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
(a) Wait a few months.
(b) Give her some medication to try.
(c) Get an x-ray.
(d) Do nothing.
11. Dr. Oreshchenkov is a doctor who has been jailed a number of times because he wanted to have a _______________.
(a) Private practice.
(b) Larger salary.
(d) Bigger piece of land.
12. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
13. Where does Oleg go in order to go back to Ush-Terek?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Train station.
(c) Vera's house.
(d) Exile office.
14. Who does Pavel now lay beside since he is in too much pain to fight or to argue?
15. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
2. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
3. Who goes with the doctors on the rounds to see the patients during the day?
4. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
5. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)