|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
2. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
3. What was thrown in the eye of the animal that was taken out of the exhibit because it was blinded by the attack?
4. __________ wants to get healthy, return to his village, marry, and have children, according to his plans.
5. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
6. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She knows about Zoya.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is scared.
7. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
8. What will Dontsova not read because she doesn't want to know what they say about her?
(b) Lab reports.
(c) Progress notes.
9. On what day of the week is Oleg discharged from the hospital, free to go back to Ush-Terek?
10. The idea of _______ socialism is something that Shulubin promotes when he is talking with Oleg about his past and the future.
11. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
12. Who believes the purpose of the rounds is to help cheer the patients up during their stay?
13. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
14. What does Chaly offer to Pavel before they begin to talk about their lives in more detail?
(b) Birch bark fungus.
15. Oleg protests with the transfusion he is about to be given because he believes the blood is _________.
(c) Not helping.
(d) The wrong type.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oleg write a note telling them about the zoo and the animal who was abused?
2. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
3. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
4. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
5. What is the phrase that Aviette believes is improper to use when she is talking with her father?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)