|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pavel refers to some of the other patients by their _________, as in the patients he calls Uz Becks.
(b) Regional heritage.
2. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
(a) His home.
(b) A lake.
(c) Long tube.
(d) A hospital.
3. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
(c) Home life.
4. On what day of the week does Pavel's wife come to see him in the cancer ward?
5. Who does Zoya enlist to help her with the administrative duties she needs to do?
6. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(b) Any more pills.
7. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
(a) Past lives.
(c) Their military records.
(d) Their wives.
8. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
9. Vera is more concerned about ________, so she decides to spend more time with him than usual.
10. What does the nurse give to Pavel when he wakes up from his injection?
11. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
(a) Case study.
12. _________ is a very strong man, a construction worker who travels all over the Soviet Union to do the hardest work.
13. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
(a) His mother.
(c) An angel.
(d) Teddy bear.
14. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
15. Whose magic root needs to be poured out in order to avoid being found by the authorities?
(b) No one's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
2. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
3. What is the main physical symptom that Dontsova is suffering herself and that she knows is a sign of a serious problem?
4. Kapa tells Pavel she has received a letter from his ________ which brings Pavel bad news about the town.
5. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)