|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
(b) Home life.
2. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
3. Who tries to get the political trip canceled several times, but is unsuccessful in doing so?
4. During his dream, Pavel's _______ hurts, but he can not remember why this hurts at all.
5. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
6. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
7. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
8. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
(d) Case study.
9. The other patients make fun of Pavel as they ask him why he is on the ___________ if he does not have cancer.
(a) Cancer ward.
(b) Soviet medical plan.
10. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
11. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Field hospital.
(d) A school.
12. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
13. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
(a) Private care.
14. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(a) Any more pills.
15. What does the nurse give to Pavel when he wakes up from his injection?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dontsova is compared to a(n)on _________ which is overworked and overused, according to the text in the book.
2. Where is Pavel told to go to when he answers the phone as a part of his dream?
3. How does Dontsova travel to and from the hospital?
4. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
5. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)