|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yefrem is described as feeling his _______ receding as a part of the disease he is faced with in the story.
2. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
(a) A lake.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Long tube.
(d) His home.
3. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
(b) Case study.
4. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
5. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
(d) Money to go.
6. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
(b) Private care.
7. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
(b) Radiation sickness.
8. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
9. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
10. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
(a) Nurses lounge.
(b) The womens bathroom.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) Doctor's lounge.
11. Whose magic root needs to be poured out in order to avoid being found by the authorities?
(d) No one's.
12. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) Medical textbooks.
(b) Patient charts.
(c) His body.
13. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(b) Any more pills.
14. It is revealed that Pavel is a(n) _____________ supervisor and was instrumental in having many people removed from the town.
(a) Personnel records.
15. Who is supposed to be absent from the ward for ten days in order to attend a political rally?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
2. What does Zoya like to do when she is not actively helping patients on the ward or studying for school?
3. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
4. What does the nurse bring to the ward that Pavel wants to see before anyone else?
5. What are Oleg and Zoya filling up in the supply room when they suddenly begin kissing each other?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)