|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oleg tells Dontsova that he came to the hospital in order to have his ________ alleviated, according to his description of his history.
2. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
3. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
4. Who did Pavel put into a school as a result of sending away the child of the woman in the dream?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her son.
5. Dontsova is compared to a(n)on _________ which is overworked and overused, according to the text in the book.
(a) X-ray machine.
6. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
(d) Private care.
7. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
8. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
9. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
(a) By foot.
(c) Her car.
(d) A friend drives her.
10. Where is the cancer that Sibgator has, causing him to be in extreme pain most of the time?
(a) His back.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His arm.
(d) His neck.
11. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
(b) Car rides.
12. Who is the author of the short stories that Yefrem is reading, which causes Pavel to laugh?
13. What does the chief surgeon in the cancer ward do which causes some to think she is not setting a good example?
(a) Chain smoke.
(b) Reveal the diagnoses of patients.
(c) Ignore patients.
(d) Sleep on the job.
14. Pavel and his wife claim to ______ people, but they do not want to be too close to them at the same time.
15. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pavel told to go to when he answers the phone as a part of his dream?
2. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
3. _________ is a very strong man, a construction worker who travels all over the Soviet Union to do the hardest work.
4. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
5. On what day of the week does Pavel's wife come to see him in the cancer ward?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)