|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
(a) The president.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) The authorities.
2. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
3. Who is the author of the short stories that Yefrem is reading, which causes Pavel to laugh?
4. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
5. What does the chief surgeon in the cancer ward do which causes some to think she is not setting a good example?
(a) Reveal the diagnoses of patients.
(b) Ignore patients.
(c) Chain smoke.
(d) Sleep on the job.
6. Zoya just wants a ________ to be her husband so that she can have a better life than her parents did.
(a) Strong man.
(b) Good man.
(c) Powerful man.
(d) Rich man.
7. Who is supposed to be absent from the ward for ten days in order to attend a political rally?
8. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
9. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
10. Who is the night nurse trying to get her work done, but there is too much work for her to do?
11. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
(a) A school.
(b) Field hospital.
(c) Boarding school.
12. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
13. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
(a) His home.
(b) Long tube.
(c) A lake.
(d) A hospital.
14. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
15. What does Dontsova decide to grab on her way home from the hospital?
(b) A medical kit.
(c) More treatments for her patients.
(d) Pain medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sibgator decide to stay in order to keep himself comfortable when he is staying at the cancer ward?
2. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
3. What is the number of the ward that Pavel is directed to when he arrives at the hospital?
4. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
5. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)