|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dontsova has had far more exposure to _________ than is healthy, which is why she is becoming ill herself.
(d) Cleaning products.
2. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
3. What does Vadim feel he has to contribute to the world during his short time on the planet?
(a) A scientific discovery.
(b) His laugh.
(c) His smile.
4. What does Kostoglotov ask to borrow from Zoya when they are flirting together at the nurses station?
(a) A bottle of water.
(c) Medical textbook.
5. Who can read a little Latin, which allows him to decipher that one patient has an untreatable tumor?
6. Who tries to get the political trip canceled several times, but is unsuccessful in doing so?
7. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
(a) A friend drives her.
(b) Her car.
(d) By foot.
8. Who does Zoya enlist to help her with the administrative duties she needs to do?
9. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
(d) Car rides.
10. What does Yefrem decide the answer to the question of what do men live by is?
11. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
(a) Vera and Dontsova.
(b) His government position.
(c) Birch tree fungus.
(d) Radiation sickness.
12. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
13. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
(a) His mother.
(c) Teddy bear.
(d) An angel.
14. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
15. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) Patient charts.
(c) Medical textbooks.
(d) His body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
2. Vera tells Pavel that he can have a(n) _________ at 11:30am that day or he can choose to check out.
3. Whose magic root needs to be poured out in order to avoid being found by the authorities?
4. During his dream, Pavel's _______ hurts, but he can not remember why this hurts at all.
5. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)