|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) His body.
(b) Patient charts.
(d) Medical textbooks.
2. What does Vadim feel he has to contribute to the world during his short time on the planet?
(a) A scientific discovery.
(b) His laugh.
(d) His smile.
3. Where does Sibgator decide to stay in order to keep himself comfortable when he is staying at the cancer ward?
(a) Nurses station.
(b) A bathroom.
(d) His bed.
4. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
5. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
6. Where is Pavel told to go to when he answers the phone as a part of his dream?
(c) Supreme Court.
(d) Cancer ward.
7. How does Dontsova travel to and from the hospital?
(c) By foot.
8. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
(c) Home life.
9. Pavel is an important man in the Soviet Union and he has a tumor on his _______ when he comes to the ward.
10. Pavel and his wife claim to ______ people, but they do not want to be too close to them at the same time.
11. What is the nickname that is assigned to Kostoglotov by Pavel when Pavel first meets this person?
(a) Dark hunter.
(b) Demon man.
(c) Mad hatter.
(d) Bone crusher.
12. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
(a) A hospital.
(b) Long tube.
(c) His home.
(d) A lake.
13. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
14. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
15. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
2. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
3. On what day of the week does Pavel's wife come to see him in the cancer ward?
4. Vera tells Pavel that he can have a(n) _________ at 11:30am that day or he can choose to check out.
5. The tumor that Pavel has prevents him from being able to ____________, which causes him to change the way he interacts with others.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)