|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
2. Where is Pavel told to go to when he answers the phone as a part of his dream?
(b) Supreme Court.
(d) Cancer ward.
3. Pavel and his wife claim to ______ people, but they do not want to be too close to them at the same time.
4. Who is supposed to be absent from the ward for ten days in order to attend a political rally?
5. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
6. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
7. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
8. Which of the patients is announced to have died during this portion of the story?
9. Pavel assigns ________ to the other patients on the ward after they begin to make fun of him for thinking he doesn't have cancer.
10. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
11. Where does Sibgator decide to stay in order to keep himself comfortable when he is staying at the cancer ward?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) His bed.
(d) Nurses station.
12. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
13. Who does Zoya enlist to help her with the administrative duties she needs to do?
14. Dontsova is compared to a(n)on _________ which is overworked and overused, according to the text in the book.
(c) X-ray machine.
15. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
(c) Private care.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
2. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
3. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
4. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
5. What is Dontsova's excuse for not being able to finish a project on which she has been working for a long time?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)