|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yefrem is described as feeling his _______ receding as a part of the disease he is faced with in the story.
2. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
(b) Be promoted.
3. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
4. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
(a) Money to go.
5. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
(a) An angel.
(b) His mother.
(d) Teddy bear.
6. Zoya just wants a ________ to be her husband so that she can have a better life than her parents did.
(a) Strong man.
(b) Powerful man.
(c) Rich man.
(d) Good man.
7. When Pavel talks to his doctor about his condition, his doctor tells him that he does not have ___________.
(b) A chance.
(c) To worry about medication.
8. What does Oleg reveal to be his status in the country when he is speaking with Zoya after she gets off work?
(a) Criminal exile.
(b) Administrative exile.
(c) Political exile.
9. What does Kapa attempt to give the nurse in order to help Pavel get better treatment than others?
(a) A different pillow.
(b) A special badge.
10. Dontsova has had far more exposure to _________ than is healthy, which is why she is becoming ill herself.
(d) Cleaning products.
11. It is revealed that Pavel is a(n) _____________ supervisor and was instrumental in having many people removed from the town.
(b) Personnel records.
12. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(a) An armed guard.
(c) No one.
13. The tumor that Pavel has prevents him from being able to ____________, which causes him to change the way he interacts with others.
(a) Turn from side to side.
(b) Lift his arm.
(d) Move his body.
14. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
15. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the cancer that Sibgator has, causing him to be in extreme pain most of the time?
2. Dontsova tells Oleg that he should stay in the ward because she wants to _______ him, even though he is feeling better now.
3. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
4. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
5. Who does Zoya enlist to help her with the administrative duties she needs to do?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)