|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
2. What does the nurse give to Pavel when he wakes up from his injection?
3. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
4. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
(c) Be promoted.
5. What does Vadim feel he has to contribute to the world during his short time on the planet?
(b) A scientific discovery.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His smile.
6. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
(a) His wife.
(b) The authorities.
(c) His son.
(d) The president.
7. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(a) No one.
(c) An armed guard.
8. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
(b) Put into power once more.
(d) Cleared of all charges.
9. The other patients make fun of Pavel as they ask him why he is on the ___________ if he does not have cancer.
(c) Cancer ward.
(d) Soviet medical plan.
10. Vera learns there will be an ________ the next day so the hospital staff needs to put away anything that was not a part of what was issued to the hospital.
11. When Pavel talks to his doctor about his condition, his doctor tells him that he does not have ___________.
(c) To worry about medication.
(d) A chance.
12. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
(c) Money to go.
13. What does Zoya like to do when she is not actively helping patients on the ward or studying for school?
(a) Watch TV.
(c) Read romance novels.
14. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
15. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
2. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
3. During his dream, Pavel's _______ hurts, but he can not remember why this hurts at all.
4. Pavel refers to some of the other patients by their _________, as in the patients he calls Uz Becks.
5. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)