|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
2. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
3. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
(a) The womens bathroom.
(b) Nurses lounge.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) Doctor's lounge.
4. Kapa tells Pavel she has received a letter from his ________ which brings Pavel bad news about the town.
5. Vera tells Pavel that he can have a(n) _________ at 11:30am that day or he can choose to check out.
6. Who does Zoya enlist to help her with the administrative duties she needs to do?
7. What does Oleg reveal to be his status in the country when he is speaking with Zoya after she gets off work?
(b) Political exile.
(c) Criminal exile.
(d) Administrative exile.
8. Who is supposed to be absent from the ward for ten days in order to attend a political rally?
9. What does Pavel receive after he has had a chance to read the paper after Oleg reads it?
10. Where is Pavel told to go to when he answers the phone as a part of his dream?
(b) Cancer ward.
(d) Supreme Court.
11. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
(a) Home life.
12. Who can read a little Latin, which allows him to decipher that one patient has an untreatable tumor?
13. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) His body.
(b) Medical textbooks.
(c) Patient charts.
14. Which of the patients is announced to have died during this portion of the story?
15. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
2. Where is the cancer that Sibgator has, causing him to be in extreme pain most of the time?
3. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
4. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
5. Vera learns there will be an ________ the next day so the hospital staff needs to put away anything that was not a part of what was issued to the hospital.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)