|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
2. What does Yefrem decide he needs to tell all of the patients on the ward as a part of his life's mission?
(a) They are going to die.
(b) He is going to die.
(c) They are being told lies.
(d) They are all a part of the system.
3. Dontsova is compared to a(n)on _________ which is overworked and overused, according to the text in the book.
(a) X-ray machine.
4. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
(a) Car rides.
5. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
(b) By foot.
(c) Her car.
(d) A friend drives her.
6. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
7. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
8. What does Zoya like to do when she is not actively helping patients on the ward or studying for school?
(a) Watch TV.
(d) Read romance novels.
9. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
10. What is Pavel allowed to wear, which is the only concession in his stay at the hospital?
(a) A hat.
(b) Special badge.
(d) His socks from home.
11. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
(c) Put into power once more.
(d) Cleared of all charges.
12. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
(a) Case study.
13. Kapa tells Pavel she has received a letter from his ________ which brings Pavel bad news about the town.
14. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
15. On what day of the week does Pavel's wife come to see him in the cancer ward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oleg reveal to be his status in the country when he is speaking with Zoya after she gets off work?
2. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
3. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
4. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
5. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)