|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavel receive after he has had a chance to read the paper after Oleg reads it?
2. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) His body.
(c) Medical textbooks.
(d) Patient charts.
3. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
(c) Radiation sickness.
4. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(d) Any more pills.
5. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
6. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
(a) Her car.
(c) A friend drives her.
(d) By foot.
7. Vera allows people to assume she has a _________ since she feels it would be embarrassing to admit otherwise.
(b) Medical degree.
8. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
(a) Put into power once more.
(d) Cleared of all charges.
9. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
(c) Case study.
10. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
(a) Birch tree fungus.
(b) Vera and Dontsova.
(c) His government position.
(d) Radiation sickness.
11. Pavel and his wife claim to ______ people, but they do not want to be too close to them at the same time.
12. Who tells the women physicians that he is ready to go home, as he often tells them during his time on the ward?
13. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
(a) The president.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) The authorities.
14. Where is Pavel told to go to when he answers the phone as a part of his dream?
(b) Cancer ward.
(d) Supreme Court.
15. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pavel talks to his doctor about his condition, his doctor tells him that he does not have ___________.
2. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
3. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
4. Nellya is a(n) _________ who only does a part of her job, choosing instead to take a nap in the middle of her shift.
5. Dontsova has had far more exposure to _________ than is healthy, which is why she is becoming ill herself.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)