|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
2. Pavel is an important man in the Soviet Union and he has a tumor on his _______ when he comes to the ward.
3. The tumor that Pavel has prevents him from being able to ____________, which causes him to change the way he interacts with others.
(a) Turn from side to side.
(b) Lift his arm.
(c) Move his body.
4. Pavel and his wife claim to ______ people, but they do not want to be too close to them at the same time.
5. What does Vadim feel he has to contribute to the world during his short time on the planet?
(a) His smile.
(b) A scientific discovery.
(d) His laugh.
6. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
(c) Birch bark fungus.
7. Vera allows people to assume she has a _________ since she feels it would be embarrassing to admit otherwise.
(b) Medical degree.
8. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(a) An armed guard.
(c) No one.
9. The nurse says there is no one to whom she could give the ________, even if she could take it from Pavel.
10. Nellya is a(n) _________ who only does a part of her job, choosing instead to take a nap in the middle of her shift.
11. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
(b) Put into power once more.
(d) Cleared of all charges.
12. Who is the author of the short stories that Yefrem is reading, which causes Pavel to laugh?
13. Oleg tells Dontsova that he came to the hospital in order to have his ________ alleviated, according to his description of his history.
14. What does Yefrem decide he needs to tell all of the patients on the ward as a part of his life's mission?
(a) He is going to die.
(b) They are all a part of the system.
(c) They are going to die.
(d) They are being told lies.
15. Vera is more concerned about ________, so she decides to spend more time with him than usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
2. Whose magic root needs to be poured out in order to avoid being found by the authorities?
3. What is the number of the ward that Pavel is directed to when he arrives at the hospital?
4. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
5. On what day of the week does Pavel's wife come to see him in the cancer ward?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)