|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nellya is a(n) _________ who only does a part of her job, choosing instead to take a nap in the middle of her shift.
2. Oleg tells Dontsova that he came to the hospital in order to have his ________ alleviated, according to his description of his history.
3. Pavel assigns ________ to the other patients on the ward after they begin to make fun of him for thinking he doesn't have cancer.
4. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
5. What does Kapa attempt to give the nurse in order to help Pavel get better treatment than others?
(a) A special badge.
(d) A different pillow.
6. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
(c) Private care.
7. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their military records.
(d) Past lives.
8. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
9. What is the number of the ward that Pavel is directed to when he arrives at the hospital?
10. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
11. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
(d) Car rides.
12. _________ is a very strong man, a construction worker who travels all over the Soviet Union to do the hardest work.
13. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(b) An armed guard.
(d) No one.
14. Where is Pavel told to go to when he answers the phone as a part of his dream?
(b) Supreme Court.
(d) Cancer ward.
15. What does Kostoglotov ask to borrow from Zoya when they are flirting together at the nurses station?
(a) Medical textbook.
(b) A bottle of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
2. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
3. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
4. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
5. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)