|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the night nurse trying to get her work done, but there is too much work for her to do?
2. What does Zoya tell Oleg not to take so that he can be able to maintain his virility when they have a chance to be together?
(c) Any more pills.
3. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
4. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
(a) Be promoted.
5. Which of the patients is announced to have died during this portion of the story?
6. During his dream, Pavel's _______ hurts, but he can not remember why this hurts at all.
7. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
8. What does the chief surgeon in the cancer ward do which causes some to think she is not setting a good example?
(a) Ignore patients.
(b) Chain smoke.
(c) Reveal the diagnoses of patients.
(d) Sleep on the job.
9. What is the nickname that is assigned to Kostoglotov by Pavel when Pavel first meets this person?
(a) Demon man.
(b) Dark hunter.
(c) Bone crusher.
(d) Mad hatter.
10. It is revealed that Pavel is a(n) _____________ supervisor and was instrumental in having many people removed from the town.
(a) Personnel records.
11. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
12. What is the main physical symptom that Dontsova is suffering herself and that she knows is a sign of a serious problem?
(a) Arm pain.
(b) Stomach pain.
(c) Head pain.
(d) Leg pain.
13. What is Dontsova's excuse for not being able to finish a project on which she has been working for a long time?
(a) She doesn't care about it anymore.
(c) No time.
(d) No energy.
14. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
(b) Their military records.
(c) Their wives.
(d) Past lives.
15. Who tells the women physicians that he is ready to go home, as he often tells them during his time on the ward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
2. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
3. How does Dontsova travel to and from the hospital?
4. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
5. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)