|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavel receive after he has had a chance to read the paper after Oleg reads it?
2. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
3. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
(b) The sickest group.
(d) The government.
4. What does the nurse bring to the ward that Pavel wants to see before anyone else?
5. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
6. It is revealed that Pavel is a(n) _____________ supervisor and was instrumental in having many people removed from the town.
(d) Personnel records.
7. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) Patient charts.
(b) Medical textbooks.
(d) His body.
8. What does Yefrem decide the answer to the question of what do men live by is?
9. Pavel and his wife claim to ______ people, but they do not want to be too close to them at the same time.
10. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
(c) Case study.
11. Who tells the women physicians that he is ready to go home, as he often tells them during his time on the ward?
12. Dontsova has had far more exposure to _________ than is healthy, which is why she is becoming ill herself.
(b) Cleaning products.
13. Who does Zoya enlist to help her with the administrative duties she needs to do?
14. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
15. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
(c) Home life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
2. Nellya is a(n) _________ who only does a part of her job, choosing instead to take a nap in the middle of her shift.
3. The other patients make fun of Pavel as they ask him why he is on the ___________ if he does not have cancer.
4. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
5. Dontsova is concerned about patients who have experienced ____________, even as they were treated in other parts of their bodies.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)