|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
(a) Birch tree fungus.
(b) Radiation sickness.
(c) Vera and Dontsova.
(d) His government position.
2. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
(a) The sickest group.
(c) The government.
3. Which of the patients is announced to have died during this portion of the story?
4. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
5. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
(a) By foot.
(c) Her car.
(d) A friend drives her.
6. The surgeon tells Proshka that she will explain his _________ to him before his discharge from the cancer ward.
(a) Home life.
7. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
8. Yefrem believes the men should be talking about what a man's ________ is for, instead of talking about other nonsense.
9. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
(a) Nurses lounge.
(b) Doctor's lounge.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The womens bathroom.
10. What does the nurse bring to the ward that Pavel wants to see before anyone else?
11. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
(a) It's incomplete.
(b) It hasn't started.
(c) He isn't ready to go home.
(d) It doesn't work.
12. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
(a) An angel.
(b) His mother.
(c) Teddy bear.
13. What does Dontsova decide to grab on her way home from the hospital?
(b) More treatments for her patients.
(c) A medical kit.
(d) Pain medication.
14. Oleg tells Dontsova that he came to the hospital in order to have his ________ alleviated, according to his description of his history.
15. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) Medical textbooks.
(b) Patient charts.
(d) His body.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Pavel say he will report the woman physicians because he is angry with his treatment?
2. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
3. Kapa tells Pavel she has received a letter from his ________ which brings Pavel bad news about the town.
4. During his dream, Pavel's _______ hurts, but he can not remember why this hurts at all.
5. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)