|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vera allows people to assume she has a _________ since she feels it would be embarrassing to admit otherwise.
(b) Medical degree.
2. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
(c) Birch bark fungus.
3. Pavel assigns ________ to the other patients on the ward after they begin to make fun of him for thinking he doesn't have cancer.
4. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
5. Where is the cancer that Sibgator has, causing him to be in extreme pain most of the time?
(a) His back.
(b) His arm.
(c) His neck.
(d) His stomach.
6. What does the nurse give to Pavel when he wakes up from his injection?
7. What does Yefrem decide he needs to tell all of the patients on the ward as a part of his life's mission?
(a) They are all a part of the system.
(b) They are going to die.
(c) They are being told lies.
(d) He is going to die.
8. Kapa tells Pavel she has received a letter from his ________ which brings Pavel bad news about the town.
9. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
10. Who does Zoya enlist to help her with the administrative duties she needs to do?
11. Vera is more concerned about ________, so she decides to spend more time with him than usual.
12. Vera remembers another patient just like Pavel who had accused her of trying to __________ him when he was in the ward.
13. How does Dontsova travel to and from the hospital?
(a) By foot.
14. During his dream, Pavel's _______ hurts, but he can not remember why this hurts at all.
15. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
(c) The sickest group.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
2. Who can read a little Latin, which allows him to decipher that one patient has an untreatable tumor?
3. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
4. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
5. What is Dontsova's excuse for not being able to finish a project on which she has been working for a long time?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)