|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(c) An armed guard.
(d) No one.
2. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
(a) Field hospital.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) A school.
3. What does Kostoglotov ask to borrow from Zoya when they are flirting together at the nurses station?
(a) A bottle of water.
(c) Medical textbook.
4. What is Dontsova's excuse for not being able to finish a project on which she has been working for a long time?
(a) She doesn't care about it anymore.
(b) No time.
(c) No energy.
5. Vera is more concerned about ________, so she decides to spend more time with him than usual.
6. Who tells the women physicians that he is ready to go home, as he often tells them during his time on the ward?
7. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
(a) Be promoted.
8. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
(b) The sickest group.
(d) The government.
9. _________ is a very strong man, a construction worker who travels all over the Soviet Union to do the hardest work.
10. Pavel and his wife claim to ______ people, but they do not want to be too close to them at the same time.
11. When Pavel talks to his doctor about his condition, his doctor tells him that he does not have ___________.
(c) A chance.
(d) To worry about medication.
12. Pavel refers to some of the other patients by their _________, as in the patients he calls Uz Becks.
(d) Regional heritage.
13. What does Sibgator not have as a result of his condition, though other patients have one of these?
14. It is revealed that Pavel is a(n) _____________ supervisor and was instrumental in having many people removed from the town.
(a) Personnel records.
15. Oleg feels very ______ when he is talking with Zoya openly and honestly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
2. Yefrem is described as feeling his _______ receding as a part of the disease he is faced with in the story.
3. Who tries to get the political trip canceled several times, but is unsuccessful in doing so?
4. Who did Pavel put into a school as a result of sending away the child of the woman in the dream?
5. Vera tells Pavel that he can have a(n) _________ at 11:30am that day or he can choose to check out.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)