|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
2. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
3. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
(c) Case study.
4. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
(a) Medical textbooks.
(b) Patient charts.
(c) His body.
5. Whose magic root needs to be poured out in order to avoid being found by the authorities?
(c) No one's.
6. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
7. Which of the patients is announced to have died during this portion of the story?
8. What does Yefrem decide the answer to the question of what do men live by is?
9. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
(c) Private care.
10. Nellya is a(n) _________ who only does a part of her job, choosing instead to take a nap in the middle of her shift.
11. Dontsova is a person who is committed to _______ her patients and to being everything she can be to everyone in her life.
12. What does the patient in #56 realize that the surgeon's answer probably means for his case?
(a) He is on the right path.
(b) He is a goner.
(c) He is going to get better soon.
(d) He is cured.
13. The men constantly think about how difficult it was for them to get ___________ to the cancer ward.
(c) Money to go.
14. Dontsova tells Oleg that he should stay in the ward because she wants to _______ him, even though he is feeling better now.
(b) Get to know.
15. Kapa tells Pavel she has received a letter from his ________ which brings Pavel bad news about the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yefrem decide he needs to tell all of the patients on the ward as a part of his life's mission?
2. Which patient tells the surgeon that he is tired of the cutting and wants to be released?
3. What does Kostoglotov ask to borrow from Zoya when they are flirting together at the nurses station?
4. Vera allows people to assume she has a _________ since she feels it would be embarrassing to admit otherwise.
5. Who is the night nurse trying to get her work done, but there is too much work for her to do?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)