|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
2. Where does Sibgator decide to stay in order to keep himself comfortable when he is staying at the cancer ward?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) Nurses station.
(c) His bed.
3. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
(a) An angel.
(b) His mother.
(c) Teddy bear.
4. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
(a) Put into power once more.
(b) Cleared of all charges.
5. What does Yefrem decide the answer to the question of what do men live by is?
6. Where is Pavel during his long and strange dream that he has during his treatment?
(a) A lake.
(b) Long tube.
(c) His home.
(d) A hospital.
7. What is the number of the ward that Pavel is directed to when he arrives at the hospital?
8. What does the nurse give to Pavel when he wakes up from his injection?
9. Vera is more concerned about ________, so she decides to spend more time with him than usual.
10. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
(b) Their military records.
(c) Past lives.
(d) Their wives.
11. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(a) An armed guard.
(b) No one.
12. What does Kostoglotov ask to borrow from Zoya when they are flirting together at the nurses station?
(b) A bottle of water.
(c) Medical textbook.
13. What does the nurse bring to the ward that Pavel wants to see before anyone else?
14. What does Dontsova decide to grab on her way home from the hospital?
(a) More treatments for her patients.
(b) Pain medication.
(c) A medical kit.
15. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dontsova's excuse for not being able to finish a project on which she has been working for a long time?
2. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
3. Who tells the women physicians that he is ready to go home, as he often tells them during his time on the ward?
4. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
5. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)