|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the cancer that Sibgator has, causing him to be in extreme pain most of the time?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His neck.
(c) His back.
(d) His arm.
2. What is Pavel allowed to wear, which is the only concession in his stay at the hospital?
(a) Special badge.
(b) His socks from home.
(c) A hat.
3. Where does Zoya invite Oleg to sit with her when she is on a break during her shift?
(a) The womens bathroom.
(b) Nurses lounge.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) Doctor's lounge.
4. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
(c) The government.
(d) The sickest group.
5. What does Pavel receive after he has had a chance to read the paper after Oleg reads it?
6. What is the main physical symptom that Dontsova is suffering herself and that she knows is a sign of a serious problem?
(a) Stomach pain.
(b) Leg pain.
(c) Head pain.
(d) Arm pain.
7. What is the treatment that Vadim receives when he is first admitted to the cancer ward?
(c) Birch bark fungus.
8. _________ is a very strong man, a construction worker who travels all over the Soviet Union to do the hardest work.
9. What does Kapa attempt to give the nurse in order to help Pavel get better treatment than others?
(b) A different pillow.
(c) A special badge.
10. Oleg tells Zoya she should move to the ________ of Kazakhstan when she gets her medical license.
11. Pavel learns that Rodichev has been ________ and that he is now returning to the town.
(b) Put into power once more.
(d) Cleared of all charges.
12. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
(a) An armed guard.
(b) No one.
13. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
14. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
(a) His mother.
(c) An angel.
(d) Teddy bear.
15. What does Vadim feel he has to contribute to the world during his short time on the planet?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His smile.
(d) A scientific discovery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dontsova tells Oleg that he should stay in the ward because she wants to _______ him, even though he is feeling better now.
2. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
3. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
4. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
5. Who can read a little Latin, which allows him to decipher that one patient has an untreatable tumor?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)