|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oleg believe Zoya looks like when she takes off her nurse's cap?
(a) Teddy bear.
(b) An angel.
(c) His mother.
2. What does Yefrem decide he needs to tell all of the patients on the ward as a part of his life's mission?
(a) They are all a part of the system.
(b) He is going to die.
(c) They are being told lies.
(d) They are going to die.
3. What is Dontsova's excuse for not being able to finish a project on which she has been working for a long time?
(a) No energy.
(c) She doesn't care about it anymore.
(d) No time.
4. What is Zoya studying in the book when she is talking with the other patients?
5. What is the nickname that is assigned to Kostoglotov by Pavel when Pavel first meets this person?
(a) Dark hunter.
(b) Mad hatter.
(c) Demon man.
(d) Bone crusher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can read a little Latin, which allows him to decipher that one patient has an untreatable tumor?
2. Pavel refers to some of the other patients by their _________, as in the patients he calls Uz Becks.
3. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
4. Who is the night nurse trying to get her work done, but there is too much work for her to do?
5. Pavel is ________ of his wife and of his station in life and is appalled by his treatment in the hospital.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)