|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dyomka and the new man are talking about _________ when this particular chapter begins.
(a) Their military records.
(b) Their wives.
(c) Past lives.
2. What did Pavel and his wife make in order to try to bypass the normal treatment regimens in the hospital?
(d) Car rides.
3. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
(a) Two wives.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) Upset the government.
4. Yefrem is described as feeling his _______ receding as a part of the disease he is faced with in the story.
5. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
(d) Physical sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream, Pavel is told by a woman that he is the man who made her husband ________ over the years.
2. Who is supposed to be absent from the ward for ten days in order to attend a political rally?
3. _________ is always quiet, walking around the ward, listening to all of the conversations, but not contributing to them.
4. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
5. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)