|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
2. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
3. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
(a) It's incomplete.
(b) It hasn't started.
(c) He isn't ready to go home.
(d) It doesn't work.
4. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
(c) Private care.
5. Pavel refers to some of the other patients by their _________, as in the patients he calls Uz Becks.
(b) Regional heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes into the room just as the conversation between the doctors begins to get heated and exhausted?
2. Chaly admits that he has _________ when he comes back into the room with the other patients.
3. Who is the surgeon that operates on Dyomka's back during the story, according to the text?
4. Vera allows people to assume she has a _________ since she feels it would be embarrassing to admit otherwise.
5. What does Oleg begin to study in order to ensure he is healthy for when he is with Zoya?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)