|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pavel refers to some of the other patients by their _________, as in the patients he calls Uz Becks.
(a) Regional heritage.
2. The other patients make fun of Pavel as they ask him why he is on the ___________ if he does not have cancer.
(c) Soviet medical plan.
(d) Cancer ward.
3. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
(b) Her car.
(c) By foot.
(d) A friend drives her.
4. When Pavel talks to his doctor about his condition, his doctor tells him that he does not have ___________.
(a) A chance.
(d) To worry about medication.
5. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
Short Answer Questions
1. The idea of _______ socialism is something that Shulubin promotes when he is talking with Oleg about his past and the future.
2. The nurse says there is no one to whom she could give the ________, even if she could take it from Pavel.
3. Yefrem doesn't listen to Pavel because he is thinking more about his _________ than anything else.
4. How many other patients are assigned to the ward that Pavel is assigned to, though he does not care to know them?
5. What is Dontsova also trying to complete, though she doesn't seem to have the time for this assignment?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)