|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main physical symptom that Dontsova is suffering herself and that she knows is a sign of a serious problem?
(a) Head pain.
(b) Arm pain.
(c) Leg pain.
(d) Stomach pain.
2. Who can read a little Latin, which allows him to decipher that one patient has an untreatable tumor?
3. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
(a) Field hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) Boarding school.
4. Dontsova tells Oleg that he should stay in the ward because she wants to _______ him, even though he is feeling better now.
(a) Get to know.
5. What does Dontsova tell Oleg about his treatment, which is why he cannot leave just yet?
(a) He isn't ready to go home.
(b) It's incomplete.
(c) It hasn't started.
(d) It doesn't work.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is miserable and in pain when they are at the hospital for their treatment.
2. Who is supposed to be absent from the ward for ten days in order to attend a political rally?
3. Who comes with Kapa to drop Pavel off at the hospital when he is admitted to the cancer ward?
4. Pavel assigns ________ to the other patients on the ward after they begin to make fun of him for thinking he doesn't have cancer.
5. What is the form of government that is in place at the time of the Soviet Union in the story?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)