|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, 21, and Part Two, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Vadim when he comes to the ward, knowing that he only has months to live?
2. Vera tells Pavel that he can have a(n) _________ at 11:30am that day or he can choose to check out.
3. What does the patient in #56 realize that the surgeon's answer probably means for his case?
(a) He is a goner.
(b) He is on the right path.
(c) He is going to get better soon.
(d) He is cured.
4. What does Yefrem decide the answer to the question of what do men live by is?
5. Dontsova and Vera work for hours every day without any __________ for their efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
2. Who can read a little Latin, which allows him to decipher that one patient has an untreatable tumor?
3. Who does Vera remember as being difficult even when he first started to stay in the cancer ward?
4. What does the chief surgeon in the cancer ward do which causes some to think she is not setting a good example?
5. Who tells the women physicians that he is ready to go home, as he often tells them during his time on the ward?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)