|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Perrault ordered to do when they reach their destination?
2. How is Dave killed?
3. Who leaves John by the river when he is injured?
4. How do the inexperienced men die?
5. How long does it take for the team to return to Skaguay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
2. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
3. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
4. What happens when the men take Mercedes off of the sled?
5. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
6. What does Buck feel for the first time when he is with John and how does he show this?
7. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
8. What happens on the morning Dave is killed?
9. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
10. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced near the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)