|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first mistake the new owners make towards their dogs on the trail?
2. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
3. What are most of the dogs on the team doing when they return to Skaguay?
4. What is the first big stop for the team after Spitz is killed?
5. How long does it take for the team to return to Skaguay?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jack London have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between the dogs on the dog team change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)