|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
2. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
3. Who does Buck think will savagely attack him when he gets off the ship?
4. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
5. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buck join the wolf pack?
2. What does Buck find when he returns to camp after killing the moose, and what does he do?
3. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
4. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
5. What is the legend told about Buck at the end of the book?
6. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
7. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
8. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
9. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
10. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between the dogs on the dog team change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the Lost Cabin, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)