|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
2. Who is the first dog on the team to go mad after the strange attack?
3. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
4. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
5. Where is Buck finally unloaded after being sold by Manuel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Buck's life described at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
3. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
4. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
5. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
6. Who is Manuel, and why does Manuel sell Buck?
7. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
8. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
10. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
Valor was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)