|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
2. Who tries to punish the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
3. How does Dave greet Billee and Joe?
4. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
5. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
2. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
3. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
4. How does Buck feel during the hunt for the rabbit?
5. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
6. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
7. How is Spitz killed?
8. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
9. How is Curly killed?
10. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jack London have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)