Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
2. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
3. Who tries to punish the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
4. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
5. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buck kill his first moose?
2. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
3. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
4. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
5. What does Spitz do that makes Buck hate him?
6. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Buck see in his prehistoric visions?
8. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
9. What is the legend told about Buck at the end of the book?
10. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
Buck endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jack London have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)