|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
2. How does Buck greet Billee and Joe?
3. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
4. How much money is Buck sold for?
5. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
2. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
3. How is Spitz killed?
4. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
5. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
6. How is Curly killed?
7. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
8. What damage is done when the camp is attacked by a pack of wild dogs?
9. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
10. How are Billee and Joe received by the other dogs on the team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between the dogs on the dog team change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)