Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
2. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
3. Who tries to punish the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
4. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
5. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buck kill his first moose?
2. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
3. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
4. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
5. What does Spitz do that makes Buck hate him?
6. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Buck see in his prehistoric visions?
8. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
9. What is the legend told about Buck at the end of the book?
10. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Valor was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)