|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck view John?
(a) As his equal.
(b) As his father.
(c) As his enemy.
(d) As his master.
2. What does Francois think has happened when Buck returns to camp alone after the hunt?
(a) Spitz was stolen.
(b) Spitz ran off with the pack.
(c) Spitz will be along in a while.
(d) Spitz was killed.
3. What does the woman do when the men forcibly remove her from the sled?
(a) Throws things at the men.
(b) Screams until they relent.
(d) Sits on the ground without moving.
4. What does Buck do to other men that he refuses to do to John?
(a) Sleep next to him.
(b) Steal from him.
(c) Beg from him.
(d) Bring food to him.
5. What does John do when Buck tries to obey the crazy order?
(a) Orders him to stop.
(b) Lets it happen.
(c) Jumps in and saves him.
(d) Jumps in front of Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
2. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
3. What does Buck want to be with other dogs?
4. How does John treat his dogs?
5. What is the name of the inexperienced man's partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buck first know that his new owners are not experienced?
2. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
3. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
4. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
5. Why are the men and the dogs not able to rest when they return to Skaguay from Dawson?
6. Why is John left at the river?
7. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
8. How does John treat his dogs?
9. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
10. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)