|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
(a) Displays his strength.
(b) Wins fights.
(c) Leads well.
(d) Protects the weaker dogs.
2. What season is it when John finds Buck?
3. How heavy is the load that Buck pulls for John?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 900 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
4. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
(a) He is too tired to shift the harness spacings.
(b) He wants Buck to be trained in a new position.
(c) Buck is not as experienced.
(d) He thinks Spitz will come to camp soon.
5. What does Dave refuse to do when he falls ill?
(a) Walk behind the sled.
(c) Take medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francois think has happened when Buck returns to camp alone after the hunt?
2. What does the woman do when the men forcibly remove her from the sled?
3. Who are the dogs sold to?
4. What injury does John get the year before he finds Buck?
5. What does Buck want to be with other dogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
2. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
3. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
4. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
5. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
6. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
7. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
8. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
9. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
10. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)