|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
(a) Buck is not as experienced.
(b) He is too tired to shift the harness spacings.
(c) He thinks Spitz will come to camp soon.
(d) He wants Buck to be trained in a new position.
2. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
(a) His ancestors.
3. What does the woman do when the men forcibly remove her from the sled?
(a) Throws things at the men.
(b) Screams until they relent.
(c) Sits on the ground without moving.
4. What are most of the dogs on the team doing when they return to Skaguay?
5. What kinds of things does Buck remember at night after he has become the leader?
(a) His time with the man in the red sweater.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Perrault and Francois.
(d) His time with the judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do when Buck tries to obey the crazy order?
2. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
3. What do the inexperienced owners do to get the dogs to move faster?
4. What does John do to the man beating Buck?
5. Why is John left by the river when he is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
2. Why are the men and the dogs not able to rest when they return to Skaguay from Dawson?
3. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
4. Why is John left at the river?
5. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
6. What happens on the morning Dave is killed?
7. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
8. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
9. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
10. How does Buck feel when he begins the journey with his new and inexperienced owners?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)