|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck NOT want to be with other dogs?
(a) The leader.
(b) The protector.
(c) The father.
(d) The follower.
2. What does Buck like to do at night after becoming the leader?
(a) Howl at the moon.
(c) Stare into the fire.
(d) Sleep near the tent.
3. What are most of the dogs on the team doing when they return to Skaguay?
4. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
(a) Raising morale in the pack.
(b) Getting the dogs to follow the rules.
(c) Leading the pack.
(d) Playing with the other dogs.
5. How many dogs does John have when he finds Buck?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the inexperienced men die?
2. What does the woman do when the men forcibly remove her from the sled?
3. How does Buck show his care for John?
4. What is Francois ordered to do when they reach their destination?
5. What does Buck never ask John for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the men take Mercedes off of the sled?
2. What happens on the morning Dave is killed?
3. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
4. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
5. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
6. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
7. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
8. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
9. Why are the men and the dogs not able to rest when they return to Skaguay from Dawson?
10. Why is John left at the river?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)