|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman do when the men forcibly remove her from the sled?
(a) Screams until they relent.
(b) Sits on the ground without moving.
(c) Throws things at the men.
2. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
(a) He thinks Spitz will come to camp soon.
(b) Buck is not as experienced.
(c) He is too tired to shift the harness spacings.
(d) He wants Buck to be trained in a new position.
3. Who leaves John by the river when he is injured?
(a) His boss.
(b) His wife.
(c) His partner.
(d) His son.
4. What does Buck like to do at night after becoming the leader?
(a) Howl at the moon.
(b) Stare into the fire.
(c) Sleep near the tent.
5. What does Buck do that loses him the respect of his team?
(a) He chews out of his harness.
(b) He bites the owner.
(c) He falls in his harness.
(d) He eats a dead dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck never ask John for?
2. Why are the dogs unable to move the sled of their new owners?
3. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
4. What is John able to put on Buck's back that no one else can?
5. How does Buck view John?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)