|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
(a) He is physically unable to rise.
(b) He has a sense of impending doom.
(c) He hates the men.
(d) He likes John.
2. What are the men happy about after Spitz is dead?
(a) Spitz won't bite them anymore.
(b) They are traveling at record speed.
(c) There is one less mouth to feed.
(d) They have a happier team to lead.
3. What do the owners do to the dogs that refuse to pull the sled any longer?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are buried in the snow as if they are dead.
(c) They are beaten to death.
(d) They are left to freeze.
4. What does Buck see that lets him know his new owners are clueless?
(a) They are eating too much.
(b) Their camp is disorganized.
(c) The dogs they buy are all weak.
(d) They have strange and light clothing.
5. What do the inexperienced owners do to get the dogs to move faster?
(a) Break the trail for them.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Beat them.
(d) Dump things off their sled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of memories does Buck most enjoy thinking about at night after he has become the leader?
2. How many dogs does John have when he finds Buck?
3. What is John able to put on Buck's back that no one else can?
4. How does John treat his dogs?
5. What does Buck want to be with other dogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John treat his dogs?
2. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
3. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
4. What happens when the men take Mercedes off of the sled?
5. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
6. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
7. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
8. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
9. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
10. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)