|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
2. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
(a) The dogs in the kennel on the ship.
(b) Judge Miller's sons.
(d) Francois and Perrault.
3. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
(a) Raising morale in the pack.
(b) Leading the pack.
(c) Getting the dogs to follow the rules.
(d) Playing with the other dogs.
4. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
5. What does John say to all the offers to buy Buck from him?
(a) He laughs in their faces.
(b) He threatens to kill them.
(c) He flatly refuses.
(d) He keeps raising the price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are most of the dogs on the team doing when they return to Skaguay?
2. How does Buck feel about getting a new owner?
3. What kind of memories does Buck most enjoy thinking about at night after he has become the leader?
4. What does John do to the man beating Buck?
5. How far is the journey the dogs take to return to Skaguay?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)