|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men happy about after Spitz is dead?
(a) There is one less mouth to feed.
(b) They have a happier team to lead.
(c) They are traveling at record speed.
(d) Spitz won't bite them anymore.
2. What does John do when Buck tries to obey the crazy order?
(a) Orders him to stop.
(b) Jumps in and saves him.
(c) Jumps in front of Buck.
(d) Lets it happen.
3. What is Perrault ordered to do when they reach their destination?
(a) Make the trip back in record time.
(b) Take some of his leave time.
(d) Sell the dogs.
4. Why is John left by the river when he is injured?
(a) To wait for help.
(b) To wait for another group to join.
(c) To recuperate.
(d) To keep from slowing down the group.
5. What season is it when John finds Buck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck do to other men that he refuses to do to John?
2. What is the name of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
3. How does Buck show his care for John?
4. What does the woman do when the men forcibly remove her from the sled?
5. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
2. Why are the men and the dogs not able to rest when they return to Skaguay from Dawson?
3. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
4. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
5. How does John treat his dogs?
6. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
7. How does Buck feel when he begins the journey with his new and inexperienced owners?
8. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
9. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
10. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)