|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the owners do to the dogs that refuse to pull the sled any longer?
(a) They are left to freeze.
(b) They are buried in the snow as if they are dead.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are beaten to death.
2. What does Buck like to do at night after becoming the leader?
(a) Sleep near the tent.
(b) Stare into the fire.
(c) Howl at the moon.
3. What does Buck NOT want to be with other dogs?
(a) The father.
(b) The follower.
(c) The leader.
(d) The protector.
4. How does Buck feel about getting a new owner?
(a) He likes the change.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He does not notice.
5. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
2. How many dogs does John have when he finds Buck?
3. What does Buck never ask John for?
4. What season is it when John finds Buck?
5. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
2. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
3. How does John treat his dogs?
4. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
5. How does Buck first know that his new owners are not experienced?
6. Why is John left at the river?
7. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
8. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
9. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
10. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)