|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck want to be with other dogs?
(a) The protector.
(b) The father.
(c) The leader.
(d) The follower.
2. What do the inexperienced owners do to get the dogs to move faster?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Dump things off their sled.
(c) Feed them.
(d) Break the trail for them.
3. What is Francois ordered to do when they reach their destination?
(a) Take some of his leave time.
(b) Sell the dogs.
(c) Make the trip back in record time.
4. What is the first big stop for the team after Spitz is killed?
5. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
(b) Francois and Perrault.
(c) Judge Miller's sons.
(d) The dogs in the kennel on the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buck show his care for John?
2. What does Buck do that loses him the respect of his team?
3. Which dog develops an internal injury on the trail?
4. How does Buck perform after Spitz is killed?
5. How heavy is the load that Buck pulls for John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
2. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
3. How does Buck feel when he begins the journey with his new and inexperienced owners?
4. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
5. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
6. Why is John left at the river?
7. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
8. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
9. How does John treat his dogs?
10. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)