|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the team acting while Buck and Spitz are fighting?
(a) Their loyalties were split.
(b) They were distracted.
(c) They got very lazy.
(d) They were inefficient.
2. What do the owners do to the dogs that refuse to pull the sled any longer?
(a) They are left to freeze.
(b) They are buried in the snow as if they are dead.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are beaten to death.
3. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
(a) A gun.
(b) A whip.
(c) A knife.
(d) An axe.
4. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
5. How do the inexperienced men die?
(a) They fall into the river.
(b) They starve.
(c) They freeze to death.
(d) The dogs turn on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buck placed when Spitz is killed?
2. What is the name of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
3. How many dogs belonging to the inexperienced owners die on the trail?
4. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
5. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
2. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
3. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
4. How does Buck first know that his new owners are not experienced?
5. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
6. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
7. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
8. What happens when the men take Mercedes off of the sled?
9. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
10. How does John treat his dogs?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)