|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francois think has happened when Buck returns to camp alone after the hunt?
(a) Spitz ran off with the pack.
(b) Spitz was stolen.
(c) Spitz will be along in a while.
(d) Spitz was killed.
2. What does John do when Buck tries to obey the crazy order?
(a) Jumps in front of Buck.
(b) Jumps in and saves him.
(c) Orders him to stop.
(d) Lets it happen.
3. What does John do after Buck pulls the load for him?
(d) Embraces Buck.
4. Why does the new owner think the dogs are unable to move his sled?
(a) It is overloaded.
(b) They are all too weak.
(c) The woman is riding it.
(d) They need to be whipped harder.
5. What are the men happy about after Spitz is dead?
(a) There is one less mouth to feed.
(b) They are traveling at record speed.
(c) Spitz won't bite them anymore.
(d) They have a happier team to lead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How heavy is the load that Buck pulls for John?
2. How does Buck feel about getting a new owner?
3. What is the name of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
4. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
5. What does Buck do to other men that he refuses to do to John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
2. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
3. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
4. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
5. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
6. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
7. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
8. How does Buck feel when he begins the journey with his new and inexperienced owners?
9. What happens when the men take Mercedes off of the sled?
10. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)