|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
2. What does Buck NOT want to be with other dogs?
(a) The father.
(b) The protector.
(c) The leader.
(d) The follower.
3. What kind of reputation does Buck have after killing Spitz?
(b) Fierce fighter.
(c) Wild dog.
(d) Great leader.
4. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
5. What does Dave refuse to do when he falls ill?
(a) Walk behind the sled.
(b) Take medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of memories does Buck most enjoy thinking about at night after he has become the leader?
2. What crazy thing does John order Buck to do one day?
3. How many dogs does John have when he finds Buck?
4. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
5. What does Buck do to other men that he refuses to do to John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck feel for the first time when he is with John and how does he show this?
2. Why is John left at the river?
3. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
4. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
5. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
6. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
7. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
8. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
9. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
10. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)