|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog that tries to nurse Buck to health?
2. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
3. What kind of memories does Buck most enjoy thinking about at night after he has become the leader?
(a) His time with the judge.
(b) His time with the man in the red sweater.
(c) Memories from his ancestors.
(d) Perrault and Francois.
4. Why are the dogs unable to move the sled of their new owners?
(a) They need to be whipped harder.
(b) The woman is riding it.
(c) It is overloaded.
(d) They are all too weak.
5. What does John say to all the offers to buy Buck from him?
(a) He keeps raising the price.
(b) He threatens to kill them.
(c) He laughs in their faces.
(d) He flatly refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buck perform after Spitz is killed?
2. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
3. Where is John Thornton's camp?
4. Who are the dogs sold to?
5. How many dogs comprise the team of the new and inexperienced owner of Buck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
2. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
3. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
4. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
5. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
6. Why is John left at the river?
7. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
8. How does John treat his dogs?
9. How does Buck feel when he begins the journey with his new and inexperienced owners?
10. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)