|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck see that lets him know his new owners are clueless?
(a) They are eating too much.
(b) Their camp is disorganized.
(c) The dogs they buy are all weak.
(d) They have strange and light clothing.
2. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
(c) His ancestors.
3. What injury does John get the year before he finds Buck?
(a) He lost an eye.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He sprained his knee.
(d) He froze his feet.
4. What does Buck NOT want to be with other dogs?
(a) The leader.
(b) The follower.
(c) The protector.
(d) The father.
5. Where is Buck placed when Spitz is killed?
(a) In his old spot.
(b) In the lead.
(c) In the rear.
(d) In Sol-leck's old spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
2. What is Perrault ordered to do when they reach their destination?
3. What is the name of the inexperienced man's partner?
4. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
5. What is John able to put on Buck's back that no one else can?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
2. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
3. How does Buck first know that his new owners are not experienced?
4. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
5. How does John treat his dogs?
6. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
7. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
8. What happens on the morning Dave is killed?
9. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
10. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)