|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the inexperienced owners do to get the dogs to move faster?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Break the trail for them.
(d) Dump things off their sled.
2. How do John's dogs react when John takes on Buck's care as well?
(a) They were jealous of him.
(b) They ignored him.
(c) They gladly welcomed him.
(d) They fought him.
3. Where does Buck want to be harnessed when he returns to camp after killing Spitz?
(a) Sol-leck's spot.
(b) The lead-dog spot.
(c) Spitz's spot.
(d) His old spot.
4. What is the name of the inexperienced man's partner?
5. How does Buck view John?
(a) As his enemy.
(b) As his master.
(c) As his father.
(d) As his equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the journey the dogs take to return to Skaguay?
2. What do the people do when Francois and Perrault deliver their mail in record time?
3. What does Buck see that lets him know his new owners are clueless?
4. How does Buck feel about getting a new owner?
5. Who leaves John by the river when he is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
2. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
3. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
4. Why is John left at the river?
5. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
6. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
7. How does John treat his dogs?
8. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
9. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
10. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)