|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francois ordered to do when they reach their destination?
(b) Make the trip back in record time.
(c) Sell the dogs.
(d) Take some of his leave time.
2. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) An axe.
(d) A whip.
3. What does Dave refuse to do when he falls ill?
(a) Walk behind the sled.
(c) Take medication.
4. What is the first mistake the new owners make towards their dogs on the trail?
(a) They let them sleep in the tent.
(b) They cover them at night.
(c) They overfeed them.
(d) They run them too hard and too long.
5. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
2. What does Buck like to do at night after becoming the leader?
3. How many dogs does John have when he finds Buck?
4. What are most of the dogs on the team doing when they return to Skaguay?
5. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
2. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
3. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
4. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
5. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
6. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
7. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
8. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
9. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
10. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)