|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck feel about getting a new owner?
(a) He likes the change.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He does not notice.
2. Why is John left by the river when he is injured?
(a) To recuperate.
(b) To wait for help.
(c) To keep from slowing down the group.
(d) To wait for another group to join.
3. What do the people do when Francois and Perrault deliver their mail in record time?
(c) Give them a raise.
(d) Give extra food to the dogs.
4. What kind of memories does Buck most enjoy thinking about at night after he has become the leader?
(a) His time with the judge.
(b) Memories from his ancestors.
(c) Perrault and Francois.
(d) His time with the man in the red sweater.
5. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buck show his care for John?
2. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
3. What does John do to the man beating Buck?
4. What does John tell the inexperienced men not to do?
5. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
2. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
3. What happens on the morning Dave is killed?
4. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
5. Why are the men and the dogs not able to rest when they return to Skaguay from Dawson?
6. What happens when the men take Mercedes off of the sled?
7. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
8. How does John treat his dogs?
9. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
10. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)