|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which dog develops an internal injury on the trail?
2. What season is it when John finds Buck?
3. What does Dave refuse to do when he falls ill?
(a) Walk behind the sled.
(b) Take medication.
4. How is Dave killed?
(a) He freezes to death.
(b) The driver shoots him.
(c) He is worked too hard on the trail.
(d) He is killed by another dog.
5. Where does Buck want to be harnessed when he returns to camp after killing Spitz?
(a) Sol-leck's spot.
(b) His old spot.
(c) The lead-dog spot.
(d) Spitz's spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck hear in the forest that stimulates old instincts?
2. What does John tell the inexperienced men not to do?
3. How do the inexperienced men die?
4. What do the people do when Francois and Perrault deliver their mail in record time?
5. What is John able to put on Buck's back that no one else can?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
2. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
3. Why are the men and the dogs not able to rest when they return to Skaguay from Dawson?
4. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
5. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
6. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
7. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
8. How does John treat his dogs?
9. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
10. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)