|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for the team to return to Skaguay?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 4 months.
2. What emotion does Buck feel for the first time with John?
3. Where is John Thornton's camp?
(a) By the Green Lake.
(b) On the White River.
(c) In the Black Woods.
(d) In the Red City.
4. What kind of reputation does Buck have after killing Spitz?
(b) Wild dog.
(c) Fierce fighter.
(d) Great leader.
5. What does John do after Buck pulls the load for him?
(c) Embraces Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the journey the dogs take to return to Skaguay?
2. Where does Buck want to be harnessed when he returns to camp after killing Spitz?
3. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
4. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
5. What is the name of the inexperienced man's partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dave after running the same trail too many times?
2. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
3. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
4. What does Buck feel for the first time when he is with John and how does he show this?
5. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
6. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
7. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
8. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
9. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
10. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)