|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck NOT want to be with other dogs?
(a) The protector.
(b) The leader.
(c) The father.
(d) The follower.
2. What does John do after Buck pulls the load for him?
(b) Embraces Buck.
3. Where does Buck want to be harnessed when he returns to camp after killing Spitz?
(a) His old spot.
(b) Spitz's spot.
(c) The lead-dog spot.
(d) Sol-leck's spot.
4. What does Buck hear in the forest that stimulates old instincts?
(c) A growl.
(d) A thunderstorm.
5. Where is John Thornton's camp?
(a) On the White River.
(b) In the Red City.
(c) In the Black Woods.
(d) By the Green Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dave killed?
2. What does Dave refuse to do when he falls ill?
3. What do the owners do to the dogs that refuse to pull the sled any longer?
4. What does Buck want to be with other dogs?
5. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
2. What happens when the dogs try to pull the overloaded sled of the inexperienced men?
3. What happens when the men take Mercedes off of the sled?
4. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
5. How does Buck feel when he begins the journey with his new and inexperienced owners?
6. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
7. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
8. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
9. How does Buck first know that his new owners are not experienced?
10. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)