|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dogs belonging to the inexperienced owners die on the trail?
2. What does John do when Buck tries to obey the crazy order?
(a) Jumps in front of Buck.
(b) Lets it happen.
(c) Orders him to stop.
(d) Jumps in and saves him.
3. What is the first big stop for the team after Spitz is killed?
4. What do the dogs need most, and are denied, by the new and inexperienced owners?
5. Why does the new owner think the dogs are unable to move his sled?
(a) They need to be whipped harder.
(b) The woman is riding it.
(c) It is overloaded.
(d) They are all too weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
2. What is the name of the inexperienced man's partner?
3. How do the inexperienced men die?
4. What season is it when John finds Buck?
5. What are the men happy about after Spitz is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buck feel about his new masters and his new job?
2. What does Buck like to do at night while he is on the trail?
3. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
4. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
5. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
6. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
7. How do John's dogs react to Buck being included into John's house?
8. Why are the men and the dogs not able to rest when they return to Skaguay from Dawson?
9. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
10. What does John do when he sees the men beating Buck before they cross the river?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)