|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
2. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
(d) His ancestors.
3. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
4. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
5. What does Buck like to do at night after becoming the leader?
(a) Howl at the moon.
(b) Stare into the fire.
(c) Sleep near the tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John able to put on Buck's back that no one else can?
2. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
3. What do the dogs need most, and are denied, by the new and inexperienced owners?
4. What are most of the dogs on the team doing when they return to Skaguay?
5. What does Buck NOT want to be with other dogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
2. Why are the men and the dogs not able to rest when they return to Skaguay from Dawson?
3. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
4. How does Buck first know that his new owners are not experienced?
5. What does Buck do to cement his role as the leader under his new owners?
6. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
7. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
8. What crazy command does John ask of Buck one day that Buck heedlessly tries to follow?
9. What happens when the men take Mercedes off of the sled?
10. How does Buck feel when he begins the journey with his new and inexperienced owners?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)