|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) One and a half pounds.
(b) Two and a half pounds.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Three pounds.
2. What is Spitz's full name?
3. Where does Buck live at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
(a) Makes little booties for him.
(b) Puts a poultice on them at night.
(c) Lets him ride on the sled.
(d) Pushes him harder to toughen him up.
5. What is the name of the first camp Buck gets to after his first dog team journey?
(a) Bushman River.
(b) Barrett Hollow.
(c) Lake Bennett.
(d) Balow Stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buck finally unloaded after being sold by Manuel?
2. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
3. Who is the first dog on the team to go mad after the strange attack?
4. What kind of dog is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
5. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
2. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
3. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
4. How is Buck changed when he is released from his rope by the men who unload him from the train?
5. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
6. How is Spitz killed?
7. How are Billee and Joe received by the other dogs on the team?
8. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
9. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
10. What damage is done when the camp is attacked by a pack of wild dogs?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)