|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men at the first camp building when Buck gets there?
(a) Mine shafts.
2. How many of Spitz's legs does Buck break before he is killed?
3. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
4. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He feeds him.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He has a club.
(d) He cannot fight back.
5. How does Dave greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He fights them.
(b) He is friendly to them.
(c) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
(d) He ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
2. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
3. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
4. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
5. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Buck changed when he is released from his rope by the men who unload him from the train?
2. How does the man in the red sweater react to Buck's anger and ferocity?
3. How is Buck's life described at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
5. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
6. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
7. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
8. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
9. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
10. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)