|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francois worry about most after the attackers have left the campsite?
(a) Their mail cargo was damaged.
(b) They will come back.
(c) They are too far from the next place to get supplies.
(d) They were mad dogs.
2. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
(a) His strength.
(b) His place with the masters.
(c) His work.
(d) His intelligence.
3. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
(b) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
(c) Buck is better liked by the masters.
(d) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
4. Where is Buck finally unloaded after being sold by Manuel?
5. Who laughs about the death that Buck witnesses after getting off the ship?
(c) The man in the red sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
2. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
3. What makes Buck feel ashamed when he is unloaded by the man who buys Buck from the cruel man?
4. What is the name of the first camp Buck gets to after his first dog team journey?
5. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Buck's life described at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
3. How is Spitz killed?
4. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
5. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
6. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
7. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
8. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
9. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
10. How is Curly killed?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)