|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog is Spitz?
2. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
(a) Another dog team.
(b) A group of wild huskies.
(c) A group of indians.
(d) A pack of wolves.
3. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
(a) On horses.
(b) In pictures.
(c) On other dogs.
(d) On cars.
4. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
5. What does Buck steal from his masters when he gets hungry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
2. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
3. What is the name of the man with the whip's partner?
4. What is the man wearing that Buck sees when he is finally unloaded?
5. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Manuel, and why does Manuel sell Buck?
2. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
3. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
4. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
5. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
6. How does Buck feel during the hunt for the rabbit?
7. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
8. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
9. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
10. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)