|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dogs does the man who buys Buck from the cruel man already have?
2. Who helps the man with the whip train Buck in the harness?
(d) The man in the red sweater.
3. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
4. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
(a) Snarls with teeth bared.
(b) Nips him.
(c) Scratches his nose.
(d) Barks at him.
5. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
(a) On horses.
(b) On cars.
(c) In pictures.
(d) On other dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who whips Buck when he is put in his harness?
2. How does Spitz greet Billee and Joe?
3. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
4. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
5. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
2. How does the man in the red sweater react to Buck's anger and ferocity?
3. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
4. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
5. How is Curly killed?
6. Who is Manuel, and why does Manuel sell Buck?
7. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
8. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
9. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
10. How is Buck's life described at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)