|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
(a) He has a lame paw.
(b) He lost his sense of smell.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
2. What is the name of the man who whips Buck when he is put in his harness?
3. Who kills Spitz?
(d) A pack of dogs.
4. Who attacks Buck after he has had an exhausting chase from the mad dog?
5. What kind of dog is Spitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
2. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
3. How does Dave greet Billee and Joe?
4. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
5. What does Francois worry about most after the attackers have left the campsite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck see for the first time when he gets off the ship, and how does he react to it?
2. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
3. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
5. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
6. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
7. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
8. What does Spitz do that makes Buck hate him?
9. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
10. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)