|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
2. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His strength.
(c) His work.
(d) His place with the masters.
3. What does Buck hunt in the woods?
(a) A bird.
(b) A fox.
(c) A badger.
(d) A rabbit.
4. Who commits the kill that Buck watches after getting off the ship?
(a) A pack of dogs.
(b) She freezes to death.
(c) A train.
(d) The man in the red sweater.
5. What kind of dog is Spitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
3. What is the name of the dog who teaches Buck to steal?
4. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
5. What does Buck do to get the water he needs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
2. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
3. How is Spitz killed?
4. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
5. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
6. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
7. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
8. How are Billee and Joe received by the other dogs on the team?
9. Who is Manuel, and why does Manuel sell Buck?
10. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)