|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
(a) Feeds him.
(b) Hits him again.
(c) Binds his wounds.
(d) Pats him on the head.
2. What does Manuel need money for?
(a) A gambling debt.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A new car.
(d) A trip.
3. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
(a) Snarls with teeth bared.
(b) Nips him.
(c) Barks at him.
(d) Scratches his nose.
5. Where is Buck finally unloaded after being sold by Manuel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
3. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
4. Where does Buck live at the beginning of the book?
5. What are the men at the first camp building when Buck gets there?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Spitz killed?
2. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
3. How is Curly killed?
4. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
5. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
6. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
7. How are Billee and Joe received by the other dogs on the team?
8. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
9. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
10. Who is Manuel, and why does Manuel sell Buck?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)