|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men at the first camp building when Buck gets there?
(c) Mine shafts.
2. What is the name of the dog who teaches Buck to steal?
3. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) Buck is better liked by the masters.
(b) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
(c) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
(d) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
4. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
(a) She falls through some ice.
(b) With an ax.
(c) He is shot.
(d) Falls off a cliff.
5. What is the name of the dog that is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
2. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
3. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
4. Who does Buck think will savagely attack him when he gets off the ship?
5. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
2. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
3. What does Spitz do that makes Buck hate him?
4. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
5. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
6. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
7. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
8. How are Billee and Joe received by the other dogs on the team?
9. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
10. How does Buck feel during the hunt for the rabbit?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)