|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manuel's occupation?
2. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
(a) Tent straps.
(b) A bucket of lard.
(c) Whip leather.
3. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
(a) Dyea Beach.
(b) Darwin Beach.
(c) Donner Beach.
(d) Delwy Beach.
4. How much money is Buck sold for?
5. Who attacks Buck after he has had an exhausting chase from the mad dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
2. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
3. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
4. Where is Buck finally unloaded after being sold by Manuel?
5. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
2. Who is Manuel, and why does Manuel sell Buck?
3. How is Spitz killed?
4. How are Billee and Joe received by the other dogs on the team?
5. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
6. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
7. How is Curly killed?
8. How does Buck feel during the hunt for the rabbit?
9. What does Buck see for the first time when he gets off the ship, and how does he react to it?
10. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)