|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
(a) Makes little booties for him.
(b) Lets him ride on the sled.
(c) Pushes him harder to toughen him up.
(d) Puts a poultice on them at night.
2. How much money is Buck sold for?
3. What is the man wearing that Buck sees when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A red sweater.
(b) A ball cap.
(c) A green jacket.
4. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
5. What does Manuel need money for?
(a) A trip.
(b) A new car.
(c) A gambling debt.
(d) An engagement ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
2. Who breaks the trail for the dogs after leaving the first camp?
3. Where is the man from who buys Buck from the cruel man?
4. Where is Buck finally unloaded after being sold by Manuel?
5. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
2. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
3. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
4. How does the man in the red sweater react to Buck's anger and ferocity?
5. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
6. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
7. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
8. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
9. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
10. What does Spitz do that makes Buck hate him?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)