|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He fights them.
(c) He is friendly to them.
(d) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
2. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
(a) His place with the masters.
(b) His strength.
(c) His work.
(d) His intelligence.
3. Who goads Buck into fights in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He has a club.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He cannot fight back.
(d) He feeds him.
5. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
(a) Nips him.
(b) Snarls with teeth bared.
(c) Barks at him.
(d) Scratches his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks the trail for the dogs after leaving the first camp?
2. What does Dave enjoy doing?
3. What does Buck hunt in the woods?
4. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
5. What is Manuel's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
2. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
3. What damage is done when the camp is attacked by a pack of wild dogs?
4. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
5. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
6. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
7. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
8. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
9. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
10. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)