|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Spitz's legs does Buck break before he is killed?
2. What kind of dog is Spitz?
3. Where is Buck kept after Manuel sells him?
(a) The back of a truck.
(b) A crate.
(c) A box.
(d) A cage.
4. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
(a) He digs a hole in the snow.
(b) He sleeps with the other dogs.
(c) He sneaks into the tent.
(d) He sleeps next to the banked fire.
5. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
(a) 20 below zero.
(b) 30 below zero.
(c) 40 below zero.
(d) 50 below zero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
2. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
3. What does Francois worry about most after the attackers have left the campsite?
4. How much money is Buck sold for?
5. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
2. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
3. How does the man in the red sweater react to Buck's anger and ferocity?
4. What does Spitz do that makes Buck hate him?
5. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
6. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
7. How is Curly killed?
8. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
9. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
10. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)