|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) He has a lame paw.
(c) He lost his sense of smell.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
2. How many dogs does the man who buys Buck from the cruel man already have?
3. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
(a) He will never wear another rope.
(b) He will kill the man that put the rope on him.
(c) He will find the Judge.
(d) He will bite the next human to touch him.
4. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
(a) He fears them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He respects them.
(d) He is protective of them.
5. What is the name of the dog who teaches Buck to steal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manuel's occupation?
2. What are the men at the first camp building when Buck gets there?
3. What is the name of the dog that is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
4. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
5. Where is Buck finally unloaded after being sold by Manuel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
3. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
4. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
5. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
6. How are Billee and Joe received by the other dogs on the team?
7. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
8. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
10. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)