|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food is Buck given on the trail?
2. What is the man wearing that Buck sees when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A ball cap.
(b) A red sweater.
(d) A green jacket.
3. What does Buck do to get the water he needs?
(a) Breaks ice.
(b) Eats extra meat.
(c) Drinks from his master's ration.
(d) Eats snow.
4. What does Buck hunt in the woods?
(a) A fox.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A badger.
(d) A bird.
5. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
(a) Darwin Beach.
(b) Dyea Beach.
(c) Donner Beach.
(d) Delwy Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
2. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
3. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
4. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
5. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
2. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
3. How is Buck's life described at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
5. Where does Buck find John's body, and how does he react to this?
6. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
7. How does the man in the red sweater react to Buck's anger and ferocity?
8. What is the legend told about Buck at the end of the book?
9. How is Curly killed?
10. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)