|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He cannot fight back.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He has a club.
2. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) Buck is better liked by the masters.
(b) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
(c) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
(d) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
3. What does Buck hunt in the woods?
(a) A fox.
(b) A bird.
(c) A badger.
(d) A rabbit.
4. Who kills Spitz?
(d) A pack of dogs.
5. What does Manuel need money for?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A new car.
(c) A gambling debt.
(d) A trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
2. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
3. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
4. What kind of dog is Spitz?
5. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Curly killed?
2. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
3. Why is John left at the river?
4. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
5. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
6. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
7. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
8. What does Buck see in his prehistoric visions?
9. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
10. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)