|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
(a) Caged truck.
2. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A chair.
(b) A whip.
(c) His hand.
(d) A club.
3. What is the name of the man with the whip's partner?
4. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
5. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Buck's new owner does to him?
2. Which dog refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
3. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
4. What is the name of the dog that is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
5. What is the name of the dog who teaches Buck to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck see for the first time when he gets off the ship, and how does he react to it?
2. How is Curly killed?
3. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
4. How is Buck changed when he is released from his rope by the men who unload him from the train?
5. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
6. How is Spitz killed?
7. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
8. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
9. What damage is done when the camp is attacked by a pack of wild dogs?
10. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)