|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) She falls through some ice.
(c) With an ax.
(d) Falls off a cliff.
2. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
(a) His food was stolen.
(b) He finds it fun.
(c) He wants to be accepted by other dogs.
(d) He was hungry.
3. Where is the man from who buys Buck from the cruel man?
4. How does Dave greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He is friendly to them.
(c) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
(d) He fights them.
5. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
(a) Dyea Beach.
(b) Darwin Beach.
(c) Donner Beach.
(d) Delwy Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man hit Buck that causes the most pain?
2. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
3. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
4. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
2. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
3. What does Buck find when he returns to camp after killing the moose, and what does he do?
4. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
5. What does John get after Buck pulls the load for him?
6. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
7. How does John treat his dogs?
8. What bet does Buck win for John one day and how does Thornton react to this?
9. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
10. How does Buck first know that his new owners are not experienced?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)