|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
2. How does Buck greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
(c) He is friendly to them.
(d) He fights them.
3. How many of Spitz's legs does Buck break before he is killed?
4. What is the name of the man with the whip's partner?
5. Who tries to punish the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
2. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
3. Which dog refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
4. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
5. How many dogs does the man who buys Buck from the cruel man already have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
2. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
3. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
4. How is Spitz killed?
5. What damage is done when the camp is attacked by a pack of wild dogs?
6. How is Buck's life described at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Buck see for the first time when he gets off the ship, and how does he react to it?
8. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
9. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
10. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)