|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
2. What kind of dog is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
3. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
4. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
(a) She falls through some ice.
(b) Falls off a cliff.
(c) He is shot.
(d) With an ax.
5. Who laughs about the death that Buck witnesses after getting off the ship?
(a) The man in the red sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buck live at the beginning of the book?
2. What is the man wearing that Buck sees when he is finally unloaded?
3. Who is the first dog on the team to go mad after the strange attack?
4. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
5. How does Spitz greet Billee and Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Manuel, and why does Manuel sell Buck?
2. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
3. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
4. What does Buck see for the first time when he gets off the ship, and how does he react to it?
5. How do the dogs react when they begin the work of pulling the sled?
6. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
7. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
8. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
9. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
10. What does Spitz do that makes Buck hate him?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)