|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
2. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
(a) A group of indians.
(b) A group of wild huskies.
(c) Another dog team.
(d) A pack of wolves.
3. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
(a) Feeds him.
(b) Pats him on the head.
(c) Binds his wounds.
(d) Hits him again.
4. How does Spitz greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He is friendly to them.
(c) He fights them.
(d) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
5. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
2. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
3. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
4. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
5. What does the man who unloads Buck do when Buck growls ferociously?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
2. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
3. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
4. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
5. What happens when Pike refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
6. How are Billee and Joe received by the other dogs on the team?
7. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
8. Who is Manuel, and why does Manuel sell Buck?
9. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
10. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)