|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dogs are in the team before Buck begins his first journey?
2. Who saves Buck from the dog who attacks him after his exhausting chase from the mad dog?
3. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
(a) Puts a poultice on them at night.
(b) Makes little booties for him.
(c) Pushes him harder to toughen him up.
(d) Lets him ride on the sled.
4. What kind of dog is Spitz?
5. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
(a) Darwin Beach.
(b) Delwy Beach.
(c) Donner Beach.
(d) Dyea Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck see for the first time when he is unloaded after being sold by the cruel man?
2. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
3. Which dog refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
4. What does Francois worry about most after the attackers have left the campsite?
5. Where does Buck live at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who buys Buck from the man in the red sweater?
2. What does Buck see for the first time when he gets off the ship, and how does he react to it?
3. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
4. How is Buck changed when he is released from his rope by the men who unload him from the train?
5. What does Spitz do when he becomes threatened by Buck?
6. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
7. What damage is done when the camp is attacked by a pack of wild dogs?
8. How does the man in the red sweater react to Buck's anger and ferocity?
9. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
10. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)