|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men at the first camp building when Buck gets there?
(a) Mine shafts.
2. What does Buck see for the first time when he is unloaded after being sold by the cruel man?
(a) The ocean.
3. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
4. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He cannot fight back.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He has a club.
5. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Buck sold for?
2. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
3. What happens to the dog who will not stop attacking the man who unloads the dogs?
4. What is Spitz's full name?
5. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
3. What changes when Buck is allowed to lead after Spitz is killed?
4. How does John treat his dogs?
5. How does the man in the red sweater react to Buck's anger and ferocity?
6. How does Buck kill his first moose?
7. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
8. How does Buck join the wolf pack?
9. How does Buck first know that his new owners are not experienced?
10. What do Hal and Charles brag about to John Thornton, and how does John respond?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)