|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dogs are in the team before Buck begins his first journey?
2. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He cannot fight back.
(b) He has a club.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He likes him.
4. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
(b) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
(c) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
(d) Buck is better liked by the masters.
5. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Nips his legs.
(c) Eats his food.
(d) Takes his sleeping hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
2. Where is the man from who buys Buck from the cruel man?
3. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
4. What is the name of the dog who teaches Buck to steal?
5. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
2. Why does Buck refuse to take another step with Hal and Charles when they are about to cross the river?
3. What does John get after Buck pulls the load for him?
4. What are Francois and Perrault ordered to do after getting to Skaguay in record time?
5. What is Buck reminded of as he spends time recuperating with John and his dogs?
6. What damage is done when the camp is attacked by a pack of wild dogs?
7. What happens when the team is being prepared to run after Spitz has been killed?
8. How is Buck's life described at the beginning of the book?
9. How is Buck changed when he is released from his rope by the men who unload him from the train?
10. What is the legend told about Buck at the end of the book?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)