|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck do to get the water he needs?
(a) Drinks from his master's ration.
(b) Eats snow.
(c) Eats extra meat.
(d) Breaks ice.
2. Who commits the kill that Buck watches after getting off the ship?
(a) The man in the red sweater.
(b) A train.
(c) A pack of dogs.
(d) She freezes to death.
3. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
(c) Caged truck.
4. Who laughs about the death that Buck witnesses after getting off the ship?
(d) The man in the red sweater.
5. Who is the first dog on the team to go mad after the strange attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Spitz's full name?
2. Who attacks Buck after he has had an exhausting chase from the mad dog?
3. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
4. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
5. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Buck forced to realize when he gets off the ship at Dyea?
2. What does Francois use to train Buck on the harness, and how does Buck feel about it?
3. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
4. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
5. What does Francois do when Buck's feet show the strain of the heavy work?
6. What does the man who buys Buck from Manuel do to him?
7. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
8. What happens when Buck awakens after he takes his first beating?
9. What does Buck do that causes Sol-leks to attack him?
10. What does Buck do when he gets hungry on the trail?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)