|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
2. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
3. Who tries to punish the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
4. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
5. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) Two and a half pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) One and a half pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
2. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
3. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
4. What does Buck steal from his masters when he gets hungry?
5. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buck kill his first moose?
2. What does Buck do to other men that he does not do to John?
3. Where in the harness line is Buck placed, and why?
4. What does Dolly do when she shows the madness she contracted?
5. What does Spitz do that makes Buck hate him?
6. How is Buck described at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Buck see in his prehistoric visions?
8. What happens that leads Buck to initiate the first fight with Spitz?
9. What is the legend told about Buck at the end of the book?
10. How does Buck stay warm in the snow on his first night at Dyea?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)