|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck want to be with other dogs?
(a) The follower.
(b) The father.
(c) The leader.
(d) The protector.
2. What kinds of things does Buck remember at night after he has become the leader?
(a) His time with the man in the red sweater.
(b) His time with the judge.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Perrault and Francois.
3. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
(b) Judge Miller's sons.
(c) Francois and Perrault.
(d) The dogs in the kennel on the ship.
4. How does Buck feel about getting a new owner?
(a) He does not notice.
(b) He likes the change.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He does not care.
5. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
(a) Displays his strength.
(b) Wins fights.
(c) Protects the weaker dogs.
(d) Leads well.
6. How far is the journey the dogs take to return to Skaguay?
(a) 1,500 miles.
(b) 1,200 miles.
(c) 1,000 miles.
(d) 800 miles.
7. What is John able to put on Buck's back that no one else can?
(a) A pack.
(b) A jug of water.
(c) A child.
(d) A human's coat.
8. What kind of reputation does Buck have after killing Spitz?
(b) Great leader.
(c) Wild dog.
(d) Fierce fighter.
9. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
(a) He likes John.
(b) He has a sense of impending doom.
(c) He is physically unable to rise.
(d) He hates the men.
10. How heavy is the load that Buck pulls for John?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 900 pounds.
11. Where is John Thornton's camp?
(a) In the Black Woods.
(b) By the Green Lake.
(c) In the Red City.
(d) On the White River.
12. What is the name of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
13. How do John's dogs react when John takes on Buck's care as well?
(a) They fought him.
(b) They were jealous of him.
(c) They ignored him.
(d) They gladly welcomed him.
14. What does John do after Buck pulls the load for him?
(d) Embraces Buck.
15. How many dogs belonging to the inexperienced owners die on the trail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves John by the river when he is injured?
2. What is the first mistake the new owners make towards their dogs on the trail?
3. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
4. What are most of the dogs on the team doing when they return to Skaguay?
5. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)