|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Dave killed?
(a) He freezes to death.
(b) He is killed by another dog.
(c) The driver shoots him.
(d) He is worked too hard on the trail.
2. What is the name of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
3. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
(a) Leads well.
(b) Protects the weaker dogs.
(c) Wins fights.
(d) Displays his strength.
4. How heavy is the load that Buck pulls for John?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 900 pounds.
5. What is Francois ordered to do when they reach their destination?
(a) Take some of his leave time.
(b) Sell the dogs.
(d) Make the trip back in record time.
6. Who are the dogs sold to?
7. What does Buck do that loses him the respect of his team?
(a) He bites the owner.
(b) He falls in his harness.
(c) He eats a dead dog.
(d) He chews out of his harness.
8. How do the inexperienced men die?
(a) The dogs turn on them.
(b) They fall into the river.
(c) They starve.
(d) They freeze to death.
9. What is the first big stop for the team after Spitz is killed?
10. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
(a) The dogs in the kennel on the ship.
(b) Francois and Perrault.
(d) Judge Miller's sons.
11. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
12. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
(a) He likes John.
(b) He is physically unable to rise.
(c) He has a sense of impending doom.
(d) He hates the men.
13. How many dogs comprise the team of the new and inexperienced owner of Buck?
14. What does Buck do to other men that he refuses to do to John?
(a) Steal from him.
(b) Bring food to him.
(c) Sleep next to him.
(d) Beg from him.
15. What does John tell the inexperienced men not to do?
(a) Anger Buck.
(b) Beat their dogs.
(c) Cross the river.
(d) Continue without rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck see that lets him know his new owners are clueless?
2. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
3. Which dog develops an internal injury on the trail?
4. Where is Buck placed when Spitz is killed?
5. Where does Buck want to be harnessed when he returns to camp after killing Spitz?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)