|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Buck feel for the first time with John?
2. What does John do to the man beating Buck?
(a) Charges him with a whip.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Threatens to shoot him.
(d) Pays him for Buck.
3. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
(a) Francois and Perrault.
(c) The dogs in the kennel on the ship.
(d) Judge Miller's sons.
4. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
5. Who leaves John by the river when he is injured?
(a) His boss.
(b) His partner.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
6. What does Buck see that lets him know his new owners are clueless?
(a) Their camp is disorganized.
(b) They have strange and light clothing.
(c) They are eating too much.
(d) The dogs they buy are all weak.
7. Where does Buck want to be harnessed when he returns to camp after killing Spitz?
(a) Sol-leck's spot.
(b) His old spot.
(c) Spitz's spot.
(d) The lead-dog spot.
8. What is the first mistake the new owners make towards their dogs on the trail?
(a) They let them sleep in the tent.
(b) They overfeed them.
(c) They run them too hard and too long.
(d) They cover them at night.
9. How do John's dogs react when John takes on Buck's care as well?
(a) They were jealous of him.
(b) They ignored him.
(c) They fought him.
(d) They gladly welcomed him.
10. What kinds of things does Buck remember at night after he has become the leader?
(a) Perrault and Francois.
(b) His time with the man in the red sweater.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) His time with the judge.
11. How is Dave killed?
(a) He is worked too hard on the trail.
(b) He freezes to death.
(c) He is killed by another dog.
(d) The driver shoots him.
12. How does John treat his dogs?
(a) Like slaves.
(b) Like his possessions.
(c) Like friends.
(d) Like they are his children.
13. What does Buck do that loses him the respect of his team?
(a) He bites the owner.
(b) He chews out of his harness.
(c) He eats a dead dog.
(d) He falls in his harness.
14. What does John do when Buck tries to obey the crazy order?
(a) Lets it happen.
(b) Jumps in front of Buck.
(c) Jumps in and saves him.
(d) Orders him to stop.
15. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) An axe.
(d) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for the team to return to Skaguay?
2. What kind of reputation does Buck have after killing Spitz?
3. Where is John Thornton's camp?
4. What does Buck NOT want to be with other dogs?
5. Where is Buck placed when Spitz is killed?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)