|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck feel about getting a new owner?
(a) He does not notice.
(b) He likes the change.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He does not like it.
2. Who leaves John by the river when he is injured?
(a) His boss.
(b) His partner.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
3. What does John say to all the offers to buy Buck from him?
(a) He flatly refuses.
(b) He keeps raising the price.
(c) He threatens to kill them.
(d) He laughs in their faces.
4. What does Buck see that lets him know his new owners are clueless?
(a) They are eating too much.
(b) They have strange and light clothing.
(c) Their camp is disorganized.
(d) The dogs they buy are all weak.
5. What season is it when John finds Buck?
6. What are the men happy about after Spitz is dead?
(a) They have a happier team to lead.
(b) They are traveling at record speed.
(c) Spitz won't bite them anymore.
(d) There is one less mouth to feed.
7. What kind of reputation does Buck have after killing Spitz?
(a) Fierce fighter.
(b) Great leader.
(d) Wild dog.
8. How far is the journey the dogs take to return to Skaguay?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) 1,200 miles.
(c) 1,500 miles.
(d) 800 miles.
9. What does Buck like to do at night after becoming the leader?
(a) Stare into the fire.
(b) Sleep near the tent.
(d) Howl at the moon.
10. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
(a) Displays his strength.
(b) Wins fights.
(c) Protects the weaker dogs.
(d) Leads well.
11. How long does it take for the team to return to Skaguay?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 4 months.
12. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
(a) An axe.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A whip.
13. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
(a) He has a sense of impending doom.
(b) He is physically unable to rise.
(c) He hates the men.
(d) He likes John.
14. What does Buck hear in the forest that stimulates old instincts?
(a) A growl.
(b) A thunderstorm.
15. Where is Buck placed when Spitz is killed?
(a) In his old spot.
(b) In Sol-leck's old spot.
(c) In the lead.
(d) In the rear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
2. Who are the dogs sold to?
3. What do the people do when Francois and Perrault deliver their mail in record time?
4. What emotion does Buck feel for the first time with John?
5. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)