|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
(c) His ancestors.
2. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
(a) He has a sense of impending doom.
(b) He likes John.
(c) He hates the men.
(d) He is physically unable to rise.
3. What does Buck never ask John for?
4. What does Dave refuse to do when he falls ill?
(a) Walk behind the sled.
(d) Take medication.
5. Where is John Thornton's camp?
(a) In the Red City.
(b) By the Green Lake.
(c) In the Black Woods.
(d) On the White River.
6. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
7. What does Buck hear in the forest that stimulates old instincts?
(a) A growl.
(b) A thunderstorm.
8. What injury does John get the year before he finds Buck?
(a) He lost an eye.
(b) He sprained his knee.
(c) He broke his leg.
(d) He froze his feet.
9. How far is the journey the dogs take to return to Skaguay?
(a) 800 miles.
(b) 1,000 miles.
(c) 1,200 miles.
(d) 1,500 miles.
10. Who leaves John by the river when he is injured?
(a) His son.
(b) His partner.
(c) His wife.
(d) His boss.
11. What is the first big stop for the team after Spitz is killed?
12. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
13. Why is John left by the river when he is injured?
(a) To wait for another group to join.
(b) To wait for help.
(c) To recuperate.
(d) To keep from slowing down the group.
14. How long does it take for the team to return to Skaguay?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 months.
15. Why does the new owner think the dogs are unable to move his sled?
(a) It is overloaded.
(b) They need to be whipped harder.
(c) The woman is riding it.
(d) They are all too weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck do that loses him the respect of his team?
2. What kind of reputation does Buck have after killing Spitz?
3. How does Buck perform after Spitz is killed?
4. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
5. How many dogs does John have when he finds Buck?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)