|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck do to other men that he refuses to do to John?
(a) Steal from him.
(b) Beg from him.
(c) Bring food to him.
(d) Sleep next to him.
2. How heavy is the load that Buck pulls for John?
(a) 900 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 800 pounds.
3. What does the woman do when the men forcibly remove her from the sled?
(a) Screams until they relent.
(c) Throws things at the men.
(d) Sits on the ground without moving.
4. What do the owners do to the dogs that refuse to pull the sled any longer?
(a) They are beaten to death.
(b) They are left to freeze.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are buried in the snow as if they are dead.
5. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
6. What kind of reputation does Buck have after killing Spitz?
(a) Great leader.
(b) Wild dog.
(d) Fierce fighter.
7. What does Buck hear in the forest that stimulates old instincts?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A growl.
8. What does John do when Buck tries to obey the crazy order?
(a) Jumps in front of Buck.
(b) Jumps in and saves him.
(c) Lets it happen.
(d) Orders him to stop.
9. What does John say to all the offers to buy Buck from him?
(a) He flatly refuses.
(b) He threatens to kill them.
(c) He keeps raising the price.
(d) He laughs in their faces.
10. How does Buck show his care for John?
(a) He brings him presents.
(b) He never leaves his side.
(c) He nibbles on his hand.
(d) He protects him.
11. Which dog develops an internal injury on the trail?
12. Why is John left by the river when he is injured?
(a) To recuperate.
(b) To keep from slowing down the group.
(c) To wait for another group to join.
(d) To wait for help.
13. How do John's dogs react when John takes on Buck's care as well?
(a) They ignored him.
(b) They fought him.
(c) They were jealous of him.
(d) They gladly welcomed him.
14. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
(a) A whip.
(b) An axe.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
15. What does Buck like to do at night after becoming the leader?
(a) Sleep near the tent.
(b) Stare into the fire.
(d) Howl at the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
2. Why does the new owner think the dogs are unable to move his sled?
3. What are the men happy about after Spitz is dead?
4. How is Dave killed?
5. What crazy thing does John order Buck to do one day?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)