|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck perform after Spitz is killed?
(a) He is terrible.
(b) He is distracted.
(c) He excels.
(d) There is no change.
2. What are the men happy about after Spitz is dead?
(a) They have a happier team to lead.
(b) There is one less mouth to feed.
(c) Spitz won't bite them anymore.
(d) They are traveling at record speed.
3. Who leaves John by the river when he is injured?
(a) His wife.
(b) His boss.
(c) His son.
(d) His partner.
4. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
(a) He wants Buck to be trained in a new position.
(b) Buck is not as experienced.
(c) He is too tired to shift the harness spacings.
(d) He thinks Spitz will come to camp soon.
5. How many dogs comprise the team of the new and inexperienced owner of Buck?
6. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
(a) Wins fights.
(b) Protects the weaker dogs.
(c) Displays his strength.
(d) Leads well.
7. Where is Buck placed when Spitz is killed?
(a) In Sol-leck's old spot.
(b) In the lead.
(c) In the rear.
(d) In his old spot.
8. What is the name of the inexperienced man's partner?
9. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
(c) His ancestors.
10. What is the first mistake the new owners make towards their dogs on the trail?
(a) They overfeed them.
(b) They let them sleep in the tent.
(c) They run them too hard and too long.
(d) They cover them at night.
11. What do the people do when Francois and Perrault deliver their mail in record time?
(a) Give extra food to the dogs.
(c) Give them a raise.
12. What is Francois ordered to do when they reach their destination?
(a) Take some of his leave time.
(b) Sell the dogs.
(d) Make the trip back in record time.
13. Why does the new owner think the dogs are unable to move his sled?
(a) They need to be whipped harder.
(b) They are all too weak.
(c) The woman is riding it.
(d) It is overloaded.
14. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
15. What does Buck hear in the forest that stimulates old instincts?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(d) A growl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does John get the year before he finds Buck?
2. What kinds of things does Buck remember at night after he has become the leader?
3. What is John able to put on Buck's back that no one else can?
4. What does John say to all the offers to buy Buck from him?
5. How is Dave killed?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)