Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is John left by the river when he is injured?
(a) To keep from slowing down the group.
(b) To wait for help.
(c) To recuperate.
(d) To wait for another group to join.
2. What does Buck hear in the forest that stimulates old instincts?
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A growl.
3. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
(a) His ancestors.
4. What is Perrault ordered to do when they reach their destination?
(a) Sell the dogs.
(b) Take some of his leave time.
(d) Make the trip back in record time.
5. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
(a) He is physically unable to rise.
(b) He hates the men.
(c) He has a sense of impending doom.
(d) He likes John.
6. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
7. What is Francois ordered to do when they reach their destination?
(b) Make the trip back in record time.
(c) Take some of his leave time.
(d) Sell the dogs.
8. How do John's dogs react when John takes on Buck's care as well?
(a) They were jealous of him.
(b) They ignored him.
(c) They gladly welcomed him.
(d) They fought him.
9. How do the inexperienced men die?
(a) The dogs turn on them.
(b) They fall into the river.
(c) They starve.
(d) They freeze to death.
10. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
(a) Francois and Perrault.
(c) The dogs in the kennel on the ship.
(d) Judge Miller's sons.
11. What does Dave refuse to do when he falls ill?
(a) Take medication.
(c) Walk behind the sled.
12. What kinds of things does Buck remember at night after he has become the leader?
(a) His time with the man in the red sweater.
(b) His time with the judge.
(c) Perrault and Francois.
(d) All answers are correct.
13. Why does the new owner think the dogs are unable to move his sled?
(a) The woman is riding it.
(b) They need to be whipped harder.
(c) They are all too weak.
(d) It is overloaded.
14. What is the name of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
15. What does John do after Buck pulls the load for him?
(d) Embraces Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of memories does Buck most enjoy thinking about at night after he has become the leader?
2. How heavy is the load that Buck pulls for John?
3. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
4. What are most of the dogs on the team doing when they return to Skaguay?
5. What does Buck never ask John for?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)