|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John able to put on Buck's back that no one else can?
(a) A child.
(b) A human's coat.
(c) A pack.
(d) A jug of water.
2. How is the team acting while Buck and Spitz are fighting?
(a) Their loyalties were split.
(b) They were inefficient.
(c) They were distracted.
(d) They got very lazy.
3. What is the name of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
4. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
5. Where does Buck want to be harnessed when he returns to camp after killing Spitz?
(a) The lead-dog spot.
(b) Spitz's spot.
(c) His old spot.
(d) Sol-leck's spot.
6. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
(a) He is too tired to shift the harness spacings.
(b) He thinks Spitz will come to camp soon.
(c) Buck is not as experienced.
(d) He wants Buck to be trained in a new position.
7. How does John treat his dogs?
(a) Like his possessions.
(b) Like slaves.
(c) Like friends.
(d) Like they are his children.
8. Where is Buck placed when Spitz is killed?
(a) In Sol-leck's old spot.
(b) In the lead.
(c) In his old spot.
(d) In the rear.
9. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
(a) Getting the dogs to follow the rules.
(b) Playing with the other dogs.
(c) Leading the pack.
(d) Raising morale in the pack.
10. What does John tell the inexperienced men not to do?
(a) Continue without rest.
(b) Anger Buck.
(c) Beat their dogs.
(d) Cross the river.
11. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
(a) The dogs in the kennel on the ship.
(b) Francois and Perrault.
(c) Judge Miller's sons.
12. What is the name of the wife of the man who purchases Buck after he returns to Skaguay?
13. How do John's dogs react when John takes on Buck's care as well?
(a) They fought him.
(b) They gladly welcomed him.
(c) They were jealous of him.
(d) They ignored him.
14. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
(a) He is physically unable to rise.
(b) He has a sense of impending doom.
(c) He likes John.
(d) He hates the men.
15. What injury does John get the year before he finds Buck?
(a) He sprained his knee.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He froze his feet.
(d) He lost an eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first mistake the new owners make towards their dogs on the trail?
2. Where is John Thornton's camp?
3. What does John do when Buck tries to obey the crazy order?
4. How is Dave killed?
5. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)