|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the inexperienced owners do to get the dogs to move faster?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Break the trail for them.
(c) Dump things off their sled.
(d) Feed them.
2. Who haunts Buck at John's fireside?
(d) His ancestors.
3. How heavy is the load that Buck pulls for John?
(a) 900 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
4. What are the men happy about after Spitz is dead?
(a) Spitz won't bite them anymore.
(b) They are traveling at record speed.
(c) They have a happier team to lead.
(d) There is one less mouth to feed.
5. What does Buck like to do at night after becoming the leader?
(a) Howl at the moon.
(b) Stare into the fire.
(c) Sleep near the tent.
6. What does Dave refuse to do when he falls ill?
(a) Take medication.
(b) Walk behind the sled.
7. What does the inexperienced man threaten John with?
(a) A whip.
(b) A knife.
(c) An axe.
(d) A gun.
8. Which dog develops an internal injury on the trail?
9. What does Francois think has happened when Buck returns to camp alone after the hunt?
(a) Spitz was killed.
(b) Spitz was stolen.
(c) Spitz ran off with the pack.
(d) Spitz will be along in a while.
10. What does John do to the man beating Buck?
(a) Threatens to shoot him.
(b) Pays him for Buck.
(c) Charges him with a whip.
(d) Punches him.
11. Who do John's dogs remind Buck of?
(a) The dogs in the kennel on the ship.
(b) Judge Miller's sons.
(c) Francois and Perrault.
12. How many dogs belonging to the inexperienced owners die on the trail?
13. What kind of memories does Buck most enjoy thinking about at night after he has become the leader?
(a) Memories from his ancestors.
(b) His time with the man in the red sweater.
(c) His time with the judge.
(d) Perrault and Francois.
14. What does Buck NOT want to be with other dogs?
(a) The leader.
(b) The father.
(c) The follower.
(d) The protector.
15. What does Buck want to be with other dogs?
(a) The father.
(b) The follower.
(c) The leader.
(d) The protector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the dogs sold to?
2. Why are the dogs unable to move the sled of their new owners?
3. How many dogs comprise the team of the new and inexperienced owner of Buck?
4. Where is Buck placed when Spitz is killed?
5. How is Dave killed?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)