|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
(a) Nips him.
(b) Scratches his nose.
(c) Snarls with teeth bared.
(d) Barks at him.
2. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
(a) The man in the red sweater.
3. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
(a) Mock him.
(b) Refuse to feed him.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Poke him with sticks.
4. What is the name of the man who whips Buck when he is put in his harness?
5. Who does Buck think will savagely attack him when he gets off the ship?
(a) The other dogs.
6. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He has a club.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He cannot fight back.
7. Who is the first dog on the team to go mad after the strange attack?
8. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) Two and a half pounds.
(b) Three pounds.
(c) One and a half pounds.
(d) Two pounds.
9. What kind of food is Buck given on the trail?
10. Who saves Buck from the dog who attacks him after his exhausting chase from the mad dog?
11. What does Buck hunt in the woods?
(a) A fox.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A badger.
(d) A bird.
12. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
(a) Binds his wounds.
(b) Pats him on the head.
(c) Hits him again.
(d) Feeds him.
13. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He lost his sense of smell.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He has a lame paw.
14. Who goads Buck into fights in Chapter 3?
15. How does Buck greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He is friendly to them.
(b) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
(c) He fights them.
(d) He ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
2. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
3. What is Manuel's occupation?
4. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
5. Who helps the man with the whip train Buck in the harness?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)