|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Buck's new owner does to him?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Chokes him.
(c) Puts a muzzle on him.
(d) Feeds him.
2. Who helps the man with the whip train Buck in the harness?
(c) The man in the red sweater.
3. What is Spitz's full name?
4. What is the name of the first camp Buck gets to after his first dog team journey?
(a) Barrett Hollow.
(b) Bushman River.
(c) Lake Bennett.
(d) Balow Stream.
5. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
(a) He sleeps next to the banked fire.
(b) He sleeps with the other dogs.
(c) He sneaks into the tent.
(d) He digs a hole in the snow.
6. What kind of food is Buck given on the trail?
7. Who attacks Buck after he has had an exhausting chase from the mad dog?
8. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A chair.
(b) A whip.
(c) A club.
(d) His hand.
9. What happens to the dog who will not stop attacking the man who unloads the dogs?
(a) He is fed to the other dogs.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is sent away.
(d) He is locked up.
10. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
11. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
(a) On cars.
(b) In pictures.
(c) On horses.
(d) On other dogs.
12. How does Buck describe his first few days after getting off the ship?
13. How does Buck greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He fights them.
(b) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He is friendly to them.
14. What does Manuel need money for?
(a) A trip.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A new car.
(d) A gambling debt.
15. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) One and a half pounds.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Two and a half pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
2. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
3. What does Dave enjoy doing?
4. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
5. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)