|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is protective of them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He respects them.
(d) He fears them.
2. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) One and a half pounds.
(b) Two and a half pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Two pounds.
3. How many dogs does the man who buys Buck from the cruel man already have?
4. How does Dave greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He is friendly to them.
(b) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He fights them.
5. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
(a) Lets him ride on the sled.
(b) Pushes him harder to toughen him up.
(c) Puts a poultice on them at night.
(d) Makes little booties for him.
6. Who attacks Buck after he has had an exhausting chase from the mad dog?
7. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
(a) Caged truck.
8. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
(a) He lost his sense of smell.
(b) He has a lame paw.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
9. How many dogs are in the team before Buck begins his first journey?
10. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
11. Who goads Buck into fights in Chapter 3?
12. Who commits the kill that Buck watches after getting off the ship?
(a) The man in the red sweater.
(b) A pack of dogs.
(c) She freezes to death.
(d) A train.
13. What is Manuel's occupation?
14. What does Manuel need money for?
(a) A new car.
(b) A trip.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A gambling debt.
15. Who helps the man with the whip train Buck in the harness?
(d) The man in the red sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Buck sold for?
2. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
3. What does Buck do to get the water he needs?
4. Who breaks the trail for the dogs after leaving the first camp?
5. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)