|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
(a) His hand.
(b) A whip.
(c) A chair.
(d) A club.
2. How does Dave greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He is friendly to them.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He fights them.
(d) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
3. What does Buck steal from his masters when he gets hungry?
4. What kind of dog is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
5. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
6. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He cannot fight back.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He has a club.
7. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
8. How many dogs are in the team before Buck begins his first journey?
9. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
10. What kind of food is Buck given on the trail?
11. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
(a) His strength.
(b) His work.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His place with the masters.
12. What does Francois worry about most after the attackers have left the campsite?
(a) They will come back.
(b) They were mad dogs.
(c) Their mail cargo was damaged.
(d) They are too far from the next place to get supplies.
13. What does Dave enjoy doing?
14. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
15. Where is Buck kept after Manuel sells him?
(a) The back of a truck.
(b) A box.
(c) A crate.
(d) A cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goads Buck into fights in Chapter 3?
2. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
3. Where does Buck live at the beginning of the book?
4. Who laughs about the death that Buck witnesses after getting off the ship?
5. What is the name of the dog who teaches Buck to steal?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)