|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) One and a half pounds.
(b) Three pounds.
(c) Two and a half pounds.
(d) Two pounds.
2. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
(a) 20 below zero.
(b) 30 below zero.
(c) 40 below zero.
(d) 50 below zero.
3. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
(b) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
(c) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
(d) Buck is better liked by the masters.
4. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
5. What is the occupation of the man who buys Buck from the cruel man?
(c) Dog fighter.
6. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He feeds him.
(b) He cannot fight back.
(c) He has a club.
(d) He likes him.
7. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
8. Where is Buck finally unloaded after being sold by Manuel?
9. Where does the man hit Buck that causes the most pain?
(a) His paws.
(b) His nose.
(c) His back.
(d) His jaw.
10. What is the name of the dog that is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
11. Who does Buck think will savagely attack him when he gets off the ship?
(b) The other dogs.
12. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
13. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A club.
(b) A whip.
(c) A chair.
(d) His hand.
14. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
15. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
(a) He was hungry.
(b) He finds it fun.
(c) He wants to be accepted by other dogs.
(d) His food was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Buck sold for?
2. What does Dave enjoy doing?
3. What does Buck hunt in the woods?
4. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
5. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)