|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog that is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
2. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
3. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
(a) Eats his food.
(b) Takes his sleeping hole.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Nips his legs.
4. What is the occupation of the man who buys Buck from the cruel man?
(b) Dog fighter.
5. How many dogs are in the team before Buck begins his first journey?
6. Who tries to punish the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
7. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
(a) He wants to be accepted by other dogs.
(b) He was hungry.
(c) He finds it fun.
(d) His food was stolen.
8. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
(c) Caged truck.
9. Who breaks the trail for the dogs after leaving the first camp?
(c) Other dogs.
10. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
11. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
12. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
13. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
(c) The man in the red sweater.
14. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
(a) He will never wear another rope.
(b) He will bite the next human to touch him.
(c) He will find the Judge.
(d) He will kill the man that put the rope on him.
15. What does Manuel need money for?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A new car.
(c) A trip.
(d) A gambling debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Spitz?
2. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
3. What is Spitz's full name?
4. Who attacks Buck after he has had an exhausting chase from the mad dog?
5. How does Spitz greet Billee and Joe?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)