|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
2. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
3. Where does the man hit Buck that causes the most pain?
(a) His back.
(b) His jaw.
(c) His nose.
(d) His paws.
4. What is Manuel's occupation?
5. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
(d) Mail Carriers.
6. What does Buck do to get the water he needs?
(a) Drinks from his master's ration.
(b) Eats snow.
(c) Eats extra meat.
(d) Breaks ice.
7. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
8. Where is Buck kept after Manuel sells him?
(a) The back of a truck.
(b) A cage.
(c) A box.
(d) A crate.
9. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
10. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) One and a half pounds.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Two and a half pounds.
11. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
(d) Caged truck.
12. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
(a) Pushes him harder to toughen him up.
(b) Puts a poultice on them at night.
(c) Lets him ride on the sled.
(d) Makes little booties for him.
13. What is the name of the first camp Buck gets to after his first dog team journey?
(a) Lake Bennett.
(b) Bushman River.
(c) Barrett Hollow.
(d) Balow Stream.
14. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
15. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
(a) 40 below zero.
(b) 20 below zero.
(c) 50 below zero.
(d) 30 below zero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks the trail for the dogs after leaving the first camp?
2. How does Spitz greet Billee and Joe?
3. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
4. What does Buck see for the first time when he is unloaded after being sold by the cruel man?
5. Who saves Buck from the dog who attacks him after his exhausting chase from the mad dog?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)