|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
2. How does Buck describe his first few days after getting off the ship?
3. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
4. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
5. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
(a) He feeds him.
(b) He has a club.
(c) He cannot fight back.
(d) He likes him.
6. What does Buck hunt in the woods?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A bird.
(c) A fox.
(d) A badger.
7. How many dogs are in the team before Buck begins his first journey?
8. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
(a) Delwy Beach.
(b) Donner Beach.
(c) Dyea Beach.
(d) Darwin Beach.
9. What is Manuel's occupation?
10. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
(a) He has a lame paw.
(b) He lost his sense of smell.
(c) He is deaf in one ear.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
11. What kind of food is Buck given on the trail?
12. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
13. How many dogs does the man who buys Buck from the cruel man already have?
14. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
(a) Poke him with sticks.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Refuse to feed him.
(d) Mock him.
15. What does Buck steal from his masters when he gets hungry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man hit Buck that causes the most pain?
2. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
3. Who tries to punish the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
4. What is the first thing that Buck's new owner does to him?
5. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)