|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) One and a half pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Two and a half pounds.
2. Who attacks Buck after he has had an exhausting chase from the mad dog?
3. Who kills the animal the dogs are hunting in the woods?
4. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
(a) On horses.
(b) In pictures.
(c) On cars.
(d) On other dogs.
5. What is the name of the dog who teaches Buck to steal?
6. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His strength.
(c) His work.
(d) His place with the masters.
7. How many of Spitz's legs does Buck break before he is killed?
8. Who is the first dog on the team to go mad after the strange attack?
9. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Eats his food.
(c) Takes his sleeping hole.
(d) Nips his legs.
10. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
(a) Donner Beach.
(b) Delwy Beach.
(c) Dyea Beach.
(d) Darwin Beach.
11. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
12. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A whip.
(b) A chair.
(c) A club.
(d) His hand.
13. What is the name of the first camp Buck gets to after his first dog team journey?
(a) Lake Bennett.
(b) Bushman River.
(c) Balow Stream.
(d) Barrett Hollow.
14. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
15. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
2. What is the name of the man with the whip's partner?
3. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
4. Who commits the kill that Buck watches after getting off the ship?
5. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)