|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck describe his first few days after getting off the ship?
2. What does Manuel need money for?
(a) A trip.
(b) A gambling debt.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A new car.
3. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
(a) He has a lame paw.
(b) He is deaf in one ear.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He lost his sense of smell.
4. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
5. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
(a) A group of wild huskies.
(b) A group of indians.
(c) A pack of wolves.
(d) Another dog team.
6. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
7. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
(a) On cars.
(b) On horses.
(c) On other dogs.
(d) In pictures.
8. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
(a) He respects them.
(b) He is protective of them.
(c) He fears them.
(d) He hates them.
9. What is Spitz's full name?
10. Who is the first dog on the team to go mad after the strange attack?
11. How many dogs does the man who buys Buck from the cruel man already have?
12. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
13. What does Buck see for the first time when he is unloaded after being sold by the cruel man?
(d) The ocean.
14. What does Dave enjoy doing?
15. What is the occupation of the man who buys Buck from the cruel man?
(d) Dog fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
2. What does Francois worry about most after the attackers have left the campsite?
3. What are the men at the first camp building when Buck gets there?
4. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
5. What happens to the dog who will not stop attacking the man who unloads the dogs?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)