|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man who buys Buck from the cruel man?
(b) Dog fighter.
2. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
(a) She falls through some ice.
(b) With an ax.
(c) Falls off a cliff.
(d) He is shot.
3. Where does the man hit Buck that causes the most pain?
(a) His paws.
(b) His back.
(c) His nose.
(d) His jaw.
4. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
(a) He wants to be accepted by other dogs.
(b) He finds it fun.
(c) His food was stolen.
(d) He was hungry.
5. What does Dave enjoy doing?
6. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
(b) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
(c) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
(d) Buck is better liked by the masters.
7. How does Buck describe his first few days after getting off the ship?
8. What is the name of the man with the whip's partner?
9. What is the first thing that Buck's new owner does to him?
(a) Feeds him.
(b) Puts a muzzle on him.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Chokes him.
10. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
11. Who kills Spitz?
(c) A pack of dogs.
12. Who commits the kill that Buck watches after getting off the ship?
(a) A pack of dogs.
(b) The man in the red sweater.
(c) She freezes to death.
(d) A train.
13. Who helps the man with the whip train Buck in the harness?
(a) The man in the red sweater.
14. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
(c) The man in the red sweater.
15. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
(a) Puts a poultice on them at night.
(b) Makes little booties for him.
(c) Pushes him harder to toughen him up.
(d) Lets him ride on the sled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to Buck when he wakes up after beating him?
2. What kind of dog is Spitz?
3. Why does Buck obey the man who beat him?
4. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Spitz's full name?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)