|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food is Buck given on the trail?
2. What is the name of the man who whips Buck when he is put in his harness?
3. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
(a) He will bite the next human to touch him.
(b) He will find the Judge.
(c) He will kill the man that put the rope on him.
(d) He will never wear another rope.
4. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
5. How many dogs are in the team before Buck begins his first journey?
6. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) Buck is better liked by the masters.
(b) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
(c) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
(d) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
7. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
8. How does Buck describe his first few days after getting off the ship?
9. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
10. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
(a) Scratches his nose.
(b) Barks at him.
(c) Nips him.
(d) Snarls with teeth bared.
11. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
(a) On cars.
(b) On horses.
(c) On other dogs.
(d) In pictures.
12. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
(a) He sleeps next to the banked fire.
(b) He sneaks into the tent.
(c) He sleeps with the other dogs.
(d) He digs a hole in the snow.
13. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Eats his food.
(c) Nips his legs.
(d) Takes his sleeping hole.
14. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
15. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
(a) He fears them.
(b) He respects them.
(c) He is protective of them.
(d) He hates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
2. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
3. How does Spitz greet Billee and Joe?
4. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
5. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)