|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
(a) Barks at him.
(b) Scratches his nose.
(c) Snarls with teeth bared.
(d) Nips him.
2. What is Manuel's occupation?
3. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
(a) Eats his food.
(b) Takes his sleeping hole.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Nips his legs.
4. What is the name of the man with the whip's partner?
5. Who does Manuel sell Buck to?
(a) A fighting dog ring.
(b) A kennel.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A sled dog runner.
6. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A club.
(b) His hand.
(c) A chair.
(d) A whip.
7. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
(a) Donner Beach.
(b) Dyea Beach.
(c) Delwy Beach.
(d) Darwin Beach.
8. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
(b) Caged truck.
9. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
10. Where is the man from who buys Buck from the cruel man?
11. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
(a) He will kill the man that put the rope on him.
(b) He will bite the next human to touch him.
(c) He will never wear another rope.
(d) He will find the Judge.
12. Why does Buck steal from his masters?
(a) He finds it fun.
(b) He was hungry.
(c) His food was stolen.
(d) He wants to be accepted by other dogs.
13. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
(a) He fears them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He respects them.
(d) He is protective of them.
14. How much money is Buck sold for?
15. Who kills Spitz?
(a) A pack of dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
2. What is the name of the first camp Buck gets to after his first dog team journey?
3. Where does the man hit Buck that causes the most pain?
4. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
5. Who laughs about the death that Buck witnesses after getting off the ship?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)