Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
2. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
3. Who tries to punish the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
4. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
5. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) Two and a half pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) One and a half pounds.
6. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
(c) Mail Carriers.
7. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A club.
(b) His hand.
(c) A whip.
(d) A chair.
8. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
9. What does Buck steal from his masters when he gets hungry?
10. Which of the following is NOT something eaten by the group that attacks the campsite after Buck takes his stand with Spitz?
(b) A bucket of lard.
(c) Tent straps.
(d) Whip leather.
11. How many dogs does the man who buys Buck from the cruel man already have?
12. Where is the man from who buys Buck from the cruel man?
13. Who helps the man with the whip train Buck in the harness?
(d) The man in the red sweater.
14. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
(a) The man in the red sweater.
15. Who breaks the trail for the dogs after leaving the first camp?
(a) Other dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog that is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
2. Who kills Spitz?
3. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
4. Who does Buck think will savagely attack him when he gets off the ship?
5. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)