|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks the trail for the dogs after leaving the first camp?
(d) Other dogs.
2. What kind of food is Buck given on the trail?
3. Who does Buck watch get killed after getting off the ship?
(b) The man in the red sweater.
4. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
5. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
6. How far do the dogs travel in the 6 days after the attack on the camp?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
7. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
8. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
(a) Mock him.
(b) Poke him with sticks.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Refuse to feed him.
9. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
(b) Mail Carriers.
10. Who commits the kill that Buck watches after getting off the ship?
(a) A train.
(b) A pack of dogs.
(c) She freezes to death.
(d) The man in the red sweater.
11. Where is Buck kept after Manuel sells him?
(a) A cage.
(b) A crate.
(c) A box.
(d) The back of a truck.
12. How does Buck stay warm his first night in the snow?
(a) He sleeps next to the banked fire.
(b) He sleeps with the other dogs.
(c) He sneaks into the tent.
(d) He digs a hole in the snow.
13. What happens to the dog who will not stop attacking the man who unloads the dogs?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is sent away.
(c) He is locked up.
(d) He is fed to the other dogs.
14. Who goads Buck into fights in Chapter 3?
15. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
(a) He will find the Judge.
(b) He will never wear another rope.
(c) He will bite the next human to touch him.
(d) He will kill the man that put the rope on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Buck transported after Manuel sells him?
2. What is Manuel's occupation?
3. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Buck greet Billee and Joe?
5. Where does the man hit Buck that causes the most pain?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)