|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first camp Buck gets to after his first dog team journey?
(a) Barrett Hollow.
(b) Lake Bennett.
(c) Bushman River.
(d) Balow Stream.
2. What is Spitz's full name?
3. What is the name of the dog that is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
4. Which dog refuses to get out of his sleeping hole the day after Buck is chased by the mad dog?
5. What kind of disability does Sol-leks have?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) He lost his sense of smell.
(c) He has a lame paw.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
6. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
7. Where does Buck live at the beginning of the book?
8. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) A group of indians.
(c) A group of wild huskies.
(d) Another dog team.
9. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
(d) Mail Carriers.
10. What does Dave enjoy doing?
11. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Nips his legs.
(c) Takes his sleeping hole.
(d) Eats his food.
12. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
13. Who does Manuel sell Buck to?
(a) A kennel.
(b) A sled dog runner.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A fighting dog ring.
14. What does Dave do when Buck makes a mistake?
(a) Nips him.
(b) Barks at him.
(c) Scratches his nose.
(d) Snarls with teeth bared.
15. How is Buck transferred after being sold by the cruel man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Spitz?
2. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
3. Who goads Buck into fights in Chapter 3?
4. How does Buck greet Billee and Joe?
5. Who intervenes with the intended punishment to the dog who refuses to get out of his sleeping hole?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)