|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
2. What is the man wearing that Buck sees when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A red sweater.
(b) A green jacket.
(d) A ball cap.
3. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
(a) Eats his food.
(b) Takes his sleeping hole.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Nips his legs.
4. Where does the man hit Buck that causes the most pain?
(a) His paws.
(b) His jaw.
(c) His back.
(d) His nose.
5. Who attacks Buck after he has had an exhausting chase from the mad dog?
6. What does Buck take great pride in on the trail?
(a) His strength.
(b) His work.
(c) His place with the masters.
(d) His intelligence.
7. Where is the man from who buys Buck from the cruel man?
8. What does the man hit Buck with when he is finally unloaded?
(a) A club.
(b) A whip.
(c) A chair.
(d) His hand.
9. Who goads Buck into fights in Chapter 3?
10. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
11. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
(a) Lets him ride on the sled.
(b) Makes little booties for him.
(c) Puts a poultice on them at night.
(d) Pushes him harder to toughen him up.
12. What is the name of the dog that is bought with Buck from the cruel man?
13. What is the name of the man who whips Buck when he is put in his harness?
14. Where does Buck live at the beginning of the book?
15. What is Manuel's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck steal from his masters when he gets hungry?
2. What kind of food is Buck given on the trail?
3. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
4. Who encourages Buck to attack Spitz in Chapter 3?
5. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)