|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does John get the year before he finds Buck?
(a) He broke his leg.
(b) He lost an eye.
(c) He sprained his knee.
(d) He froze his feet.
2. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
3. How many dogs are involved in the hunt in the woods?
4. What is the first mistake the new owners make towards their dogs on the trail?
(a) They overfeed them.
(b) They cover them at night.
(c) They let them sleep in the tent.
(d) They run them too hard and too long.
5. What does Francois do when he sees how hard the trail is on Buck's feet?
(a) Lets him ride on the sled.
(b) Pushes him harder to toughen him up.
(c) Makes little booties for him.
(d) Puts a poultice on them at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the dogs unable to move the sled of their new owners?
2. What emotion does Buck feel for the first time with John?
3. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
4. What do the dogs need most, and are denied, by the new and inexperienced owners?
5. What is the name of the dog who teaches Buck to steal?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)