|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
(b) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
(c) Buck is better liked by the masters.
(d) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
2. What time of day is it when Francois realizes what has happened to Spitz?
3. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
(a) He fears them.
(b) He is protective of them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He respects them.
4. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
(a) 20 below zero.
(b) 40 below zero.
(c) 30 below zero.
(d) 50 below zero.
5. Who goads Buck into fights in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
2. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
4. Who are the dogs sold to?
5. Why does the new owner think the dogs are unable to move his sled?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)