|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buck refuse to go with the inexperienced men?
(a) He likes John.
(b) He has a sense of impending doom.
(c) He is physically unable to rise.
(d) He hates the men.
2. What makes Buck feel ashamed when he is unloaded by the man who buys Buck from the cruel man?
(a) Men laughing at him.
(b) His fear.
(c) His odd appearance.
(d) His inexperience.
3. What kinds of things does Buck remember at night after he has become the leader?
(a) His time with the man in the red sweater.
(b) Perrault and Francois.
(c) His time with the judge.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. What is the name of the man who whips Buck when he is put in his harness?
5. What are the men at the first camp building when Buck gets there?
(b) Mine shafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commits the kill that Buck watches after getting off the ship?
2. Who saves Buck from the dog who attacks him after his exhausting chase from the mad dog?
3. How cold is it when the team breaks through ice in the river?
4. What does Buck see that lets him know his new owners are clueless?
5. What do men do to Buck to enrage him just after Manuel sells him?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)