|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck feel about humans at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is protective of them.
(b) He respects them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He fears them.
2. What is Buck so good at after Spitz is dead?
(a) Leading the pack.
(b) Getting the dogs to follow the rules.
(c) Raising morale in the pack.
(d) Playing with the other dogs.
3. What do the owners do to the dogs that refuse to pull the sled any longer?
(a) They are beaten to death.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are left to freeze.
(d) They are buried in the snow as if they are dead.
4. Who kills Spitz?
(b) A pack of dogs.
5. What kind of dog is Spitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buck feel about getting a new owner?
2. What is Manuel's occupation?
3. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
4. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
5. What does John do to the man beating Buck?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)