|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck do to cement his place as a leader under the new driver?
(a) Wins fights.
(b) Protects the weaker dogs.
(c) Leads well.
(d) Displays his strength.
2. How is Spitz threatened by Buck?
(a) He thinks Buck will take away his leadership.
(b) Buck is a bigger and stronger dog.
(c) Buck is better liked by the masters.
(d) Buck has beaten him in many fights.
3. How far does the team average every day after Spitz is killed?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
4. Who saves Buck from the dog who attacks him after his exhausting chase from the mad dog?
5. What kind of memories does Buck most enjoy thinking about at night after he has become the leader?
(a) Perrault and Francois.
(b) His time with the judge.
(c) His time with the man in the red sweater.
(d) Memories from his ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first dog on the team to go mad after the strange attack?
2. What does the woman do when the men forcibly remove her from the sled?
3. How far is the journey the dogs take to return to Skaguay?
4. What does John call the inexperienced men when they brag about making it to the camp?
5. Where has Buck seen harnesses like the ones that are put on him?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)