|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Buck want to be harnessed when he returns to camp after killing Spitz?
(a) His old spot.
(b) The lead-dog spot.
(c) Sol-leck's spot.
(d) Spitz's spot.
2. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
(a) He will kill the man that put the rope on him.
(b) He will find the Judge.
(c) He will never wear another rope.
(d) He will bite the next human to touch him.
3. How is the first dog on the team to go mad killed?
(a) With an ax.
(b) She falls through some ice.
(c) He is shot.
(d) Falls off a cliff.
4. Why is Francois hesitant about placing Buck in the place he wants to be after Spitz is killed?
(a) He wants Buck to be trained in a new position.
(b) Buck is not as experienced.
(c) He is too tired to shift the harness spacings.
(d) He thinks Spitz will come to camp soon.
5. How does Dave greet Billee and Joe?
(a) He fights them.
(b) He sniffs them and is subservient to them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He is friendly to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
2. Who does Buck think will savagely attack him when he gets off the ship?
3. How many times does Buck charge at the man who finally unloads him?
4. How long does it take for the team to return to Skaguay?
5. Why does the new owner think the dogs are unable to move his sled?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)