|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) Two and a half pounds.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) One and a half pounds.
2. What is the occupation of most of the men at the first campsite?
(b) Mail Carriers.
3. Who helps the man with the whip train Buck in the harness?
(a) The man in the red sweater.
4. Who commits the kill that Buck watches after getting off the ship?
(a) She freezes to death.
(b) The man in the red sweater.
(c) A pack of dogs.
(d) A train.
5. What does Buck do to get the water he needs?
(a) Eats snow.
(b) Eats extra meat.
(c) Drinks from his master's ration.
(d) Breaks ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck do to stay in shape at the beginning of the book?
2. What attacks the campsite after Buck takes a stand with Spitz?
3. What is the name of the man with the whip's partner?
4. What does Spitz do to anger Buck in Chapter 3?
5. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)