|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much food is Buck given every day on the trail?
(a) Two and a half pounds.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) One and a half pounds.
(d) Three pounds.
2. Where is Buck taken when he gets off the ship in Chapter 2?
(a) Delwy Beach.
(b) Donner Beach.
(c) Dyea Beach.
(d) Darwin Beach.
3. What is the first thing that Buck's new owner does to him?
(a) Puts a muzzle on him.
(b) Feeds him.
(c) Chokes him.
(d) Hits him.
4. What is the occupation of the man who buys Buck from the cruel man?
(c) Dog fighter.
5. What does Buck promise himself when the rope is taken off his neck after he is sold by Manuel?
(a) He will find the Judge.
(b) He will never wear another rope.
(c) He will bite the next human to touch him.
(d) He will kill the man that put the rope on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buck live at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Buck do one night that links him to his ancestors?
3. What are men mining in the Yukon at the time of this book?
4. What does Buck see for the first time when he is unloaded after being sold by the cruel man?
5. How does Buck greet Billee and Joe?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)