|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week do Oliver and Elio arrive at the Stazione Termini?
2. What are the names of the publisher's daughters in Part 3?
3. In Part 3, what can Oliver and Elio see from one of the bedrooms at their hotel?
4. In Part 3, by the time everyone ends up at a bar, how many of them are there?
5. What drinks does Oliver make at a bar in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Elio find Oliver in Part 2 the night after they sleep together?
2. What is the poet's book Se l'amore based upon?
3. In Part 3, why does Elio want to take a bus to the hotel and why does he change his mind?
4. How does Elio struggle to write a note to Oliver in Part 2, and how does he feel after he leaves the note?
5. What does Elio see when he arrives at the bookstore?
6. In Part 2, before Elio meets Oliver at midnight, who joins his family for dinner?
7. In Part 2, before Elio is to meet Oliver at midnight, where does Marzia go and why does Elio not go with her?
8. How does Elio feel about the poet's reading in Part 3?
9. In Part 2, before Elio meets Oliver at midnight, how are the couple from Chicago described?
10. Who does Oliver arrive with to the bookstore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elio takes Oliver to a place where Monet used to paint. What does the berm represent to Elio? What does the place represent in the budding relationship between Elio and Oliver?
Essay Topic 2
Elio has conflicted feelings after he and Oliver are intimate. How is Elio conflicted after he is intimate with Oliver? What are his primary feelings? How does he deal with those feelings?
Essay Topic 3
Elio is intimate with both Marzia and Oliver. How are the relationships different? How are the same? How do the relationships affect Elio and the struggles he faces as he deals with his attraction to Oliver?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)