|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pajrt 3, what is the name of the woman who mocks the poet's shoes?
2. In Part 3, where does Oliver say he went to college?
3. What is the nickname for the place where Marzia and Elio make love in Part 2?
4. In Part 2, after Elio spends the night in Oliver's room, what do he and Marzia do that next evening?
5. In Part 2, after Elio spends the night in Oliver's room, what piece of Haydn's do they discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Part 3, what do Oliver and Elio do on their way back to their hotel?
2. In Part 2, before Elio meets Oliver at midnight, how are the couple from Chicago described?
3. Where does Elio find Oliver in Part 2 the night after they sleep together?
4. What does Elio see when he arrives at the bookstore?
5. What does Elio like about August in Part 2?
6. What human statue do Oliver and Elio see on their way to the publisher's party?
7. What are the rooms like at the hotel in Part 3?
8. In Part 2, after Elio receives Oliver's note, what do he and Marzia do?
9. In Part 2, what is lunch like after Elio receives Oliver's note?
10. How does Elio describe Rome at the beginning of Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elio has feelings for Oliver, but finds it difficult to communicate with him. How do Elio’s emotions affect his ability to communicate? How do his emotions get in the way of what he wants to share with Oliver?
Essay Topic 2
Parts 1-3 of the novel take place over a six-week time frame. Part 4 covers many years. How do the jumps in time impact the storyline? What do they reveal about characters?
Essay Topic 3
Intimacy with Oliver helps Elio learn more about himself and gives him the ability to communicate better with people. How does intimacy lead to self-knowledge for Elio? How does intimacy help him form ties with people?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)