|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elio do at the end of Part 1?
2. In Part 2, page 69, where does Oliver ask Elio to go?
3. In Part 2, on page 99, what does Oliver say they can do that evening?
4. In Part 1, who does Elio consider writing about Oliver?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, when Elio thinks of Oliver's shoulders, what nickname does he call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, when Oliver returns from an all-nighter, what does Elio's father say about mistaken turns?
2. What is the first thing that Elio remembers about Oliver in Part 1?
3. Why does Elio have fear in Part 1?
4. In Part 2, how does Elio describe the flower shop in B.?
5. What do Manfredi and Anchise discuss in Part 2?
6. What are Elio's thoughts as he waits for Oliver by the war memorial in Part 2?
7. How is the room described where Elio spends the six weeks that the summer guests are at his home?
8. In Part 1, why do Elio's parents take in summer guests and what do the guests do in return?
9. In Part 2, when Elio is the spot where he likes to read, what does he say about being wise?
10. How is the time that Elio spends with Marzia a substitute for spending time with Oliver on page 117?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elio is very comfortable with the atmosphere at the bookstore during the poetry reading in Rome. How does the bookstore symbolize the way that Elio learns to connect his thoughts to the world and people around him?
Essay Topic 2
Elio has a false perception of who Oliver is. What is Elio’s perception of Oliver? How is that perception false? What is Oliver really like?
Essay Topic 3
Elio takes Oliver to a place where Monet used to paint. What does the berm represent to Elio? What does the place represent in the budding relationship between Elio and Oliver?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)