|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, who does Elio kiss on the beach after talking to Oliver about Paul Celan?
2. What color shirt is Oliver wearing in Part 1?
3. In Part 1, what does Oliver say to the person who drove with him to Elio's house?
(a) "See ya."
4. When did Oscar begin his routine of running and swimming?
(a) Graduate school.
(b) When he was 17.
(c) When he was 15.
(d) High school.
5. In Part 1 on a stormy afternoon, what does everyone do while the hail pelts the windows?
(a) Talk to one another.
(b) Play card games.
(c) Read aloud.
(d) Listen to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, who does Elio consider writing about Oliver?
2. What does Elio do at the end of Part 1?
3. In Part 1, what vehicle does Elio like to race by when he jogs?
4. In Part 2, what battle does the war memorial in B. commemorate?
5. What type of footwear is Oscar wearing when he arrives in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing that Elio remembers about Oliver in Part 1?
2. How is the room described where Elio spends the six weeks that the summer guests are at his home?
3. What spot does Elio show Oliver in Part 2 after he confesses his feelings to Oliver?
4. How do the summer guests keep in touch after their summer is over?
5. Why is Elio in agony in Part 2 when Oliver returns and says that Milani mixed up his pages and has to retype everything?
6. In Part 2, when Oliver and Elio go to town for the second time during his visit, what does Elio do and see as he waits for Oliver to get some papers?
7. Who is Vimini and what is she struggling with?
8. How is the time that Elio spends with Marzia a substitute for spending time with Oliver on page 117?
9. In Part 1, why do Elio's parents take in summer guests and what do the guests do in return?
10. In Part 1, what are meals like at Elio's house?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)