|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what vehicle does Elio like to race by when he jogs?
(b) Vegetable truck.
(c) Milk delivery van.
2. On page 117, what is Elio thinking as he kisses Marizia?
(a) Making love to her.
(b) A book he read.
(c) The taste of her mouth.
(d) What he wants to say in a note to Oliver.
3. In Part 1, who does Elio decide he may have to tell about his obsession with Oliver?
(b) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. In Part 1, what lines the driveway of the place where Elio was living?
(c) Purple coneflowers.
5. In Part 2, what does Oliver do with his poker winnings?
(a) Save and invest.
(b) Support his parents.
(c) Pay his school loans.
(d) Entertain himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shirt is Oliver wearing in Part 1?
2. In Part 2, when Oliver plays poker, how often does he lose?
3. In Part 1, what is an easy subject for Oliver and Elio to discuss, especially when Elio is at the piano?
4. At the beginning of Part 2, when Elio thinks of Oliver's shoulders, what nickname does he call him?
5. In Part 1, where does Elio say that for the past few summers he likes to go during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elio in agony in Part 2 when Oliver returns and says that Milani mixed up his pages and has to retype everything?
2. How is the room described where Elio spends the six weeks that the summer guests are at his home?
3. What does Oliver say that Anchise did for him in Part 2?
4. How is the time that Elio spends with Marzia a substitute for spending time with Oliver on page 117?
5. In Part 1, why do Elio's parents take in summer guests and what do the guests do in return?
6. In Part 2, after Oliver and Elio go to town together for the second time since he came, what happens at lunch?
7. Where do Elio and Oliver spend their days in Part 1?
8. What spot does Elio show Oliver in Part 2 after he confesses his feelings to Oliver?
9. Why does Elio have fear in Part 1?
10. In Part 2, how does Elio describe the flower shop in B.?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)