|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, how do old men dress who sit in the small piazza in B.?
(a) Button-down shirts and khakis.
(b) Old military uniforms.
(c) Button-down shirts and black slacks.
(d) Old dun-colored suits.
2. In Part 1, who lives in the old two-wagon train?
3. When did Oscar begin his routine of running and swimming?
(a) Graduate school.
(b) High school.
(c) When he was 17.
(d) When he was 15.
4. In Part 2, after giving a book to Oliver, what does Elio buy for them?
(c) Soft drinks.
(d) Ice cream.
5. In Part 2, who does Elio say used to come to the spot where he likes to go to read alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Elio say when Oliver asks if Elio likes him?
2. In Part 2, what battle does the war memorial in B. commemorate?
3. In Part 2, on page 99, what does Oliver say they can do that evening?
4. In Part 2, when Elio is looking for Oliver around sunset, who is his father having cocktails with?
5. In Part 2, on page 87, what does Oliver intend to say if he goes to Oliver's room and someone else is there?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, when Oliver returns from an all-nighter, what does Elio's father say about mistaken turns?
2. How does Elio feel when he sees Chiara with Oliver?
3. In Part 2, as Oliver and Elio go to town together for the second time during Oliver's visit, what do they stop and look at?
4. In Part 1, why do Elio's parents take in summer guests and what do the guests do in return?
5. How is the time that Elio spends with Marzia a substitute for spending time with Oliver on page 117?
6. Who is Vimini and what is she struggling with?
7. In Part 2, after Oliver and Elio go to town together for the second time since he came, what happens at lunch?
8. In Part 2, when Elio is the spot where he likes to read, what does he say about being wise?
9. What is the first thing that Elio remembers about Oliver in Part 1?
10. What are Elio's thoughts as he waits for Oliver by the war memorial in Part 2?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)