|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, who does Elio say used to come to the spot where he likes to go to read alone?
2. In Part 1, what bird does Elio see after leaving the bartabaccheria?
3. When did Oscar begin his routine of running and swimming?
(a) Graduate school.
(b) When he was 15.
(c) When he was 17.
(d) High school.
4. How does Elio know Oliver's religion?
(a) He sees Oliver reading the Bible.
(b) He sees Oliver performing religious rites.
(c) Jewelry he wears.
(d) Oliver talks about it.
5. In Part 1, what does Elio compare passion to?
(c) Blazing sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, on page 95, what does Elio want Oliver to do if he will not be with him?
2. When was the only time that Oscar said that he did not exercise?
3. In Part 1, who lives in the old two-wagon train?
4. In Part 1, what drowns out the sound of a bird singing when Elio leaves the bartabaccheria?
5. What does Elio do at the end of Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elio have fear in Part 1?
2. How do the summer guests keep in touch after their summer is over?
3. How is the time that Elio spends with Marzia a substitute for spending time with Oliver on page 117?
4. What does Oliver say that Anchise did for him in Part 2?
5. In Part 2, after Oliver and Elio go to town together for the second time since he came, what happens at lunch?
6. Why does Mafalda often ask Oscar his opinion about cooking in Part 1?
7. Why is Elio in agony in Part 2 when Oliver returns and says that Milani mixed up his pages and has to retype everything?
8. How is the room described where Elio spends the six weeks that the summer guests are at his home?
9. Where do Elio and Oliver spend their days in Part 1?
10. What is the first thing that Elio remembers about Oliver in Part 1?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)