|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Elio say when Oliver asks if Elio likes him?
(c) "Sort of."
(d) "I worship you."
2. What does Elio do at the end of Part 1?
(a) Tells Oliver how he feels.
(b) Tells Oliver's pillow how he feels.
(c) Tells his mother how he feels.
(d) Tells his father how he feels.
3. In Part 2, when Elio goes to the beach and looks out to the sea, where does Vimini think Oliver is?
(a) Talking with Manfredi.
(b) Fishing with Anchise.
(c) Working in his room.
(d) Working with his translator.
4. In Part 1, what drowns out the sound of a bird singing when Elio leaves the bartabaccheria?
(d) Bus backfiring.
5. In Part 2, after giving a book to Oliver, what does Elio buy for them?
(c) Soft drinks.
(d) Ice cream.
6. In Part 2 after going to the berm where Elio reads, what is for dessert at lunch?
(b) Fresh fruit.
(c) Cheesecake with strawberries.
(d) Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce.
7. How does Elio know Oliver's religion?
(a) He sees Oliver performing religious rites.
(b) Jewelry he wears.
(c) He sees Oliver reading the Bible.
(d) Oliver talks about it.
8. In Part 1, how often do Chiara and her sister want Oliver to eat dinner with them?
(a) Three times a week.
(b) At least twice a week.
(c) Every other week.
(d) About once a week.
9. In Part 2, after Oliver takes his first and only nap when he stays with Elio's family, how many years does he lose?
10. In Part 2, when Oliver has time with the family after his first and only nap, where does a call come from?
(c) United States.
11. What color shirt is Oliver wearing in Part 1?
12. In Part 2, who does Elio say used to come to the spot where he likes to go to read alone?
13. In Part 1 on a stormy afternoon, what does everyone do while the hail pelts the windows?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Talk to one another.
(c) Play card games.
(d) Read aloud.
14. In Part 1, what does Elio compare passion to?
(a) Blazing sun.
15. In Part 2, after going to the berm where Elio reads, what illness or injury does he have at lunch?
(a) Upset stomach.
(b) Stubbed toe.
(c) Paper cut.
(d) Nose bleed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what bird does Elio see after leaving the bartabaccheria?
2. In Part 1, what are Chiara's parents?
3. In Part 2, after Elio blends fruit in a blender, how much time is there left of full sun?
4. In Part 1, where does Elio say that for the past few summers he likes to go during the day?
5. In Part 1, what is an easy subject for Oliver and Elio to discuss, especially when Elio is at the piano?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)