|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elio know Oliver's religion?
(a) Jewelry he wears.
(b) He sees Oliver reading the Bible.
(c) He sees Oliver performing religious rites.
(d) Oliver talks about it.
2. In Part 1, who does Oliver ask to go on a midnight spin in the motorboat?
(a) Elio's neighbor.
(b) Elio's cousin.
(d) Elio's young aunt.
3. In Part 1, when does Elio stay on his bed instead of going swimming?
(a) July Sunday afternoon.
(b) July Friday afternoon.
(c) August Monday afternoon.
(d) August Tuesday afternoon.
4. In Part 2, when Elio is looking for Oliver around sunset, who is his father having cocktails with?
(a) Reporter from France.
(b) Reporter from Spain.
5. At the beginning of Part 2, when Elio thinks of Oliver's shoulders, what nickname does he call him?
(b) Movie star.
(c) Heart breaker.
6. In Part 2, on page 85, what does Elio say that many characters say in novels?
(a) "Can't we be friends?"
(b) "I'll be okay."
(c) "Why don't you like me?"
(d) "I'll get over it."
7. In Part 2, who does Elio say used to come to the spot where he likes to go to read alone?
8. In Part 2, when Oliver plays poker, how often does he lose?
(a) About once a month.
(b) Once in a while.
(d) About every 20th time.
9. In Part 2, what battle does the war memorial in B. commemorate?
(a) Asiago offensive.
(b) World War I soldiers.
(c) Battle of Vittorio Veneto.
(d) Youth who died in Battle of the Piave.
10. In Part 2, on page 93, how long is dinner postponed when everyone waits for Oliver?
(a) 5-10 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 10-15 minutes.
11. In Part 2, what does Oliver do with his poker winnings?
(a) Support his parents.
(b) Entertain himself.
(c) Pay his school loans.
(d) Save and invest.
12. In Part 1, what religion do Oliver and Elio have in common?
13. In Part 2, who does Oliver say is said to have drowned near B.?
14. What does Elio put in his blender concoction in Part 2 after a nap?
(a) Yogurt, blueberries, banana, and apple.
(b) Yogurt, peach, banana, apricot, pear, dates, and strawberries.
(c) Yogurt, raspberries, banana, and strawberries.
(d) Yogurt, spinach, strawberries, and blueberries.
15. In Part 1, who does Elio kiss on the beach after talking to Oliver about Paul Celan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of footwear is Oscar wearing when he arrives in Part 1?
2. In Part 2, after Elio blends fruit in a blender, what is his mother doing?
3. In Part 1 on a stormy afternoon, what does everyone do while the hail pelts the windows?
4. In Part 1, what vehicle does Elio like to race by when he jogs?
5. In Part 2, on page 87, what does Oliver intend to say if he goes to Oliver's room and someone else is there?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)