|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what lines the driveway of the place where Elio was living?
(b) Purple coneflowers.
2. In Part 2, on page 100, what does Oliver send to the house?
3. In Part 2, after Elio blends fruit in a blender, what is his mother doing?
(a) Listening to music.
(b) Sun bathing.
(c) Having tea.
4. In Part 2, when Elio is looking for Oliver around sunset, who is his father having cocktails with?
(a) Reporter from France.
(c) Reporter from Spain.
5. In Part 1, who does Oliver ask to go on a midnight spin in the motorboat?
(b) Elio's cousin.
(c) Elio's neighbor.
(d) Elio's young aunt.
6. In Part 1, what religion do Oliver and Elio have in common?
7. In Part 1, what bird does Elio see after leaving the bartabaccheria?
8. In Part 2, on page 87, what does Oliver intend to say if he goes to Oliver's room and someone else is there?
(a) I'll show myself out.
(b) Sorry Charlie.
(c) I'll come back later.
(d) Oops, wrong address.
9. In Part 2, when Oliver plays poker, how often does he lose?
(a) About every 20th time.
(b) Once in a while.
(d) About once a month.
10. In Part 1, where does Oliver want to go when he and Elio bike to town?
(a) Market and bank.
(b) Cafe and library.
(c) Bank and publisher.
(d) Gelato shop and library.
11. What does Elio put in his blender concoction in Part 2 after a nap?
(a) Yogurt, peach, banana, apricot, pear, dates, and strawberries.
(b) Yogurt, spinach, strawberries, and blueberries.
(c) Yogurt, blueberries, banana, and apple.
(d) Yogurt, raspberries, banana, and strawberries.
12. In Part 2, when Elio goes to the beach and looks out to the sea, where does Vimini think Oliver is?
(a) Working with his translator.
(b) Fishing with Anchise.
(c) Talking with Manfredi.
(d) Working in his room.
13. In Part 2, after Elio blends fruit in a blender and goes to the beach, what are his friends playing?
14. In Part 2, on page 93, how long is dinner postponed when everyone waits for Oliver?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10-15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 5-10 minutes.
15. In Part 1, who does Elio say was the summer resident before Oliver?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what is an easy subject for Oliver and Elio to discuss, especially when Elio is at the piano?
2. In Part 1, how often do Chiara and her sister want Oliver to eat dinner with them?
3. In Part 2, on page 85, what does Elio say that many characters say in novels?
4. In Part 1, what vehicle does Elio like to race by when he jogs?
5. In Part 2, on page 88, what does Elio want after his nap?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)