Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
2. Where did Duke meet her new business manager after her breakup with David Licht?
3. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
4. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
5. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ethel and John Ross's treatment of Duke while they had control over her. Use anecdotes from the book to make your essay clear.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Duke's mother's attitudes toward her home, her children and her husband. How was her mother a driving force in shaping Duke's attitudes toward life?
Essay Topic 3
Duke married Michael Tell, a man she did not even know. What does the photograph of the two of them show about her mindset at the time? How, according to Duke, could she marry a complete stranger, and why?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)