|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
2. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
3. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
4. What is one of the first things Duke did after marrying Harry Falk?
5. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Duke left the Rosses to live alone and began to date Harry Falk, her behavior changed. In what ways did Duke behave when she was more or less on her own? Why did she behave in this fashion?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of death throughout Duke's book. What evidence does Duke give that death is an important element throughout her life?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the first half of the book, Duke tells of the horrible ways the Rosses treated her. Much of the writing exhibits a tone of bitterness and anger, while at the same time there is an aura of forgiveness. Examine Duke's tone in her writing style when discussing how the Rosses treated her.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)