|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke meet her new business manager after her breakup with David Licht?
2. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
3. How old was Desi Arnaz, Jr. when Duke met him?
4. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
5. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke decide to adopt John Astin's children?
2. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
3. How did Duke get along with Judy Garland?
4. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
5. Why was Duke's so-called formal education an embarrassment to her?
6. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
7. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
8. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
9. How believable is Duke's story of her relationship with Frank Sinatra?
10. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Duke's relationship (or lack thereof) with her father when she was a child. Include a description of his personality, how it affected the relationship and why Duke feels her book was written to set the record straight regarding him.
Essay Topic 2
Duke married assistant director Harry Falk and escaped the grips of the Rosses at last. Explore the relationship between Duke and Harry Falk. Why did she marry this particular man? What was the trajectory of their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the meaning that the death of John Ross held for Duke. How does Duke feel toward Ethel Ross at this time?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)