|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
2. Where is Port Bolivar, the place where "My Sweet Charlie" was filmed?
3. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
4. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
5. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
2. How did the Rosses make a good working couple, as recognized by Duke in Chapter 31?
3. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
4. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
5. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
6. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
7. How did Duke decide to change her appearance once she became attracted to Harry Falk?
8. Why did Duke want to make the film, Me, Natalie?
9. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
10. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Duke left the Rosses to live alone and began to date Harry Falk, her behavior changed. In what ways did Duke behave when she was more or less on her own? Why did she behave in this fashion?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Duke's mother's attitudes toward her home, her children and her husband. How was her mother a driving force in shaping Duke's attitudes toward life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Duke's relationship (or lack thereof) with her father when she was a child. Include a description of his personality, how it affected the relationship and why Duke feels her book was written to set the record straight regarding him.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)