|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
2. What was found in Duke's closet in Port Bolivar?
3. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
4. Where did Duke and the other stars of Valley of the Dolls promote the film?
5. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Astin and Duke were touring during summer stock in Chapter 30, what was one of the worst parts of it?
2. Why did Duke decide to adopt John Astin's children?
3. How did Duke compensate, in school, for being one of the shortest students there?
4. How did Judy Garland react when she was fired from The Valley of the Dolls?
5. How did Duke feel when she heard that John Ross had died?
6. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
7. How did the Rosses make a good working couple, as recognized by Duke in Chapter 31?
8. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
9. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
10. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Duke and John Astin. What did Duke realize in the end that she found most attractive about Astin? What was the chemistry between the two?
Essay Topic 2
Duke married assistant director Harry Falk and escaped the grips of the Rosses at last. Explore the relationship between Duke and Harry Falk. Why did she marry this particular man? What was the trajectory of their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
When Ethel Ross's mother died, Duke was devastated. How did "Gramma" have a direct effect upon Duke's relationship with the Rosses? How did her death become the impetus for a break between Duke and the Rosses?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)