Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
2. Where did Duke meet her new business manager after her breakup with David Licht?
3. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
4. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
5. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
Essay Topic 1
When Ethel Ross's mother died, Duke was devastated. How did "Gramma" have a direct effect upon Duke's relationship with the Rosses? How did her death become the impetus for a break between Duke and the Rosses?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ethel and John Ross's treatment of Duke while they had control over her. Use anecdotes from the book to make your essay clear.
Essay Topic 3
When Duke left the Rosses to live alone and began to date Harry Falk, her behavior changed. In what ways did Duke behave when she was more or less on her own? Why did she behave in this fashion?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)