Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
2. Where did Duke meet her new business manager after her breakup with David Licht?
3. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
4. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
5. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the personalities of John and Ethel Ross.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Duke's relationship (or lack thereof) with her father when she was a child. Include a description of his personality, how it affected the relationship and why Duke feels her book was written to set the record straight regarding him.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the first half of the book, Duke tells of the horrible ways the Rosses treated her. Much of the writing exhibits a tone of bitterness and anger, while at the same time there is an aura of forgiveness. Examine Duke's tone in her writing style when discussing how the Rosses treated her.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)