|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke want to do with the Emmy she won in 1970?
2. What happened to Duke right after The Patty Duke Show series ended in Chapter 19?
3. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
4. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
5. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke want to make the film, Me, Natalie?
2. How did Judy Garland react when she was fired from The Valley of the Dolls?
3. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
4. While Astin and Duke were touring during summer stock in Chapter 30, what was one of the worst parts of it?
5. Why was Duke's so-called formal education an embarrassment to her?
6. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
7. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
8. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
9. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
10. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the various ways in which the Rosses stole Duke's youth from her. How did this affect Duke later in life?
Essay Topic 2
When Duke left the Rosses to live alone and began to date Harry Falk, her behavior changed. In what ways did Duke behave when she was more or less on her own? Why did she behave in this fashion?
Essay Topic 3
When Ethel Ross's mother died, Duke was devastated. How did "Gramma" have a direct effect upon Duke's relationship with the Rosses? How did her death become the impetus for a break between Duke and the Rosses?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)