|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Harry Falk convinced that Duke had done in Chapter 21?
2. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
3. Why did Duke have an urge to punch an old lady in Chapter 30?
4. Where had Harry Falk been while Duke was desperately trying to contact him in Chapter 21?
5. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Duke's mother's attitudes toward her home, her children and her husband. How was her mother a driving force in shaping Duke's attitudes toward life?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the many ways Duke uses the word "miracle" as a theme throughout her book. What is miraculous about her life? Why is that particular word such an important one to Duke?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Duke's relationship (or lack thereof) with her father when she was a child. Include a description of his personality, how it affected the relationship and why Duke feels her book was written to set the record straight regarding him.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)