|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joanna Barnes?
2. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
3. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
4. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
5. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How believable is Duke's story of her relationship with Frank Sinatra?
2. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
3. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
4. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
5. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
6. How did Duke get along with Judy Garland?
7. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
8. How did Duke compensate, in school, for being one of the shortest students there?
9. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
10. Why did Duke want to make the film, Me, Natalie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Duke's mother's attitudes toward her home, her children and her husband. How was her mother a driving force in shaping Duke's attitudes toward life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Duke's relationship (or lack thereof) with her father when she was a child. Include a description of his personality, how it affected the relationship and why Duke feels her book was written to set the record straight regarding him.
Essay Topic 3
Duke often felt, as a young girl, that even if she did something right, she had still done wrong. Give examples of times when she might have felt this way and explain why. Examine how the Rosses had a hand in Duke having these feelings of confusion.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)