|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
2. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
3. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
4. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
5. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
2. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
3. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
4. How was it that, as detailed in Chapter 5, Duke was more afraid of the Rosses than she was of God?
5. What sort of lies would the Rosses make up in order to get acting work for Duke?
6. What philosophical approach, suggested by Astin, does Duke follow today?
7. What was Duke most anxious about, causing her to go into psychotherapy for years?
8. How did Duke come to meet the Rosses?
9. What job did Duke have to do as a child that involved going to a bar?
10. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Duke's mother's attitudes toward her home, her children and her husband. How was her mother a driving force in shaping Duke's attitudes toward life?
Essay Topic 2
Duke often felt, as a young girl, that even if she did something right, she had still done wrong. Give examples of times when she might have felt this way and explain why. Examine how the Rosses had a hand in Duke having these feelings of confusion.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the meaning that the death of John Ross held for Duke. How does Duke feel toward Ethel Ross at this time?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)