Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
2. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
3. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
4. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
5. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
2. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
3. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
4. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
5. What contributed to Duke's difficulty with keeping control of and monitoring her son, Sean, on the set of "Please Don't Hit Me, Mom"?
6. What philosophical approach, suggested by Astin, does Duke follow today?
7. How did Duke's mother use the city bus as a form of recreation?
8. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
9. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
10. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Duke's relationship (or lack thereof) with her father when she was a child. Include a description of his personality, how it affected the relationship and why Duke feels her book was written to set the record straight regarding him.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of death throughout Duke's book. What evidence does Duke give that death is an important element throughout her life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Duke's behavior as a child TV star living with the Rosses and her behavior as an adult.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)