Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
2. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
3. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
4. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
5. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
2. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
3. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
4. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
5. What contributed to Duke's difficulty with keeping control of and monitoring her son, Sean, on the set of "Please Don't Hit Me, Mom"?
6. What philosophical approach, suggested by Astin, does Duke follow today?
7. How did Duke's mother use the city bus as a form of recreation?
8. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
9. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
10. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
Duke relays two instances when John Ross (and Ethel in one instance) attempted to molest her. Explain how these instances color her feelings towards the Rosses. Examine why Duke would continue to live with them and not reach out for help at the time.
Explore the theme of death throughout Duke's book. What evidence does Duke give that death is an important element throughout her life?
Duke attempted suicide a number of times throughout her life. Describe the usual underlying reason for her suicidal thoughts. Explain why she was always saved in the end. Why did she finally decide that life is worth living?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)