|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
(a) Eugene McCarthy.
(b) Bobby Kennedy.
(c) Jack Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
(a) She cannot stand them.
(b) She adores them.
(c) She believes they are intrusive.
(d) She is jealous of them.
3. Who sent Duke flowers with a note that Harry Falk found in Chapter 21?
(a) Sandy Smith.
(b) Lucky Lewis.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Frank Sinatra, Jr.
4. What did Duke do for Gene Kirkland in Chapter 22?
(a) Co-signed a car lease.
(b) Found him a job.
(c) Married him.
(d) Bought him a television.
5. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
(a) She had lost the award.
(b) She had herpes.
(c) She hated shopping.
(d) She was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
2. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
3. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
4. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
5. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Astin and Duke were touring during summer stock in Chapter 30, what was one of the worst parts of it?
2. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
3. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
4. How did Duke decide to change her appearance once she became attracted to Harry Falk?
5. According to Duke in Chapter 19, what is anorexia?
6. How believable is Duke's story of her relationship with Frank Sinatra?
7. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
8. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
9. Why was Duke's so-called formal education an embarrassment to her?
10. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)