|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
(b) They separated her from Harry Falk.
(c) They locked away her clothing.
(d) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
2. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
(a) Ethel Senior.
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(d) Gramma Howe.
3. Why did Duke and John Astin begin their five-year stint as touring stage actors?
(a) They needed the money.
(b) They were both too old for film.
(c) They loved the theater so much.
(d) They wanted to travel.
4. Where had Harry Falk been while Duke was desperately trying to contact him in Chapter 21?
(a) The Playboy Mansion.
(b) The Sherry Netherland Hotel.
(c) Sandy Smith's house.
(d) The Hilton Hotel.
5. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(b) The man was wealthy.
(c) She was in love.
(d) To spite John Astin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
2. Where did Duke spend her last two years of elementary school?
3. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
4. What was Harry Falk convinced that Duke had done in Chapter 21?
5. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
2. While the children were very bothersome to Duke, John Astin seemed to have no trouble with them. Why was this?
3. How did Duke decide to change her appearance once she became attracted to Harry Falk?
4. According to Duke in Chapter 19, what is anorexia?
5. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
6. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
7. How did Duke get along with Judy Garland?
8. How did Duke feel when she heard that John Ross had died?
9. How did the Rosses make a good working couple, as recognized by Duke in Chapter 31?
10. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)