|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
(a) John Astin.
(b) Ethel Ross.
(c) Her manager.
(d) Her mother.
2. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
(a) Jack Kennedy.
(b) Bobby Kennedy.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Eugene McCarthy.
3. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) The man was wealthy.
(b) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(c) She was in love.
(d) To spite John Astin.
4. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
(a) The family dog.
(b) Duke's new step-daughter.
(c) Duke's housekeeper.
(d) John Astin's ex-wife.
5. What was Harry Falk hiding from Duke in Los Angeles?
(a) Another acting role.
(b) Another woman.
(c) Commitment papers.
(d) Her money from the Rosses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
2. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
3. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
4. Where did Duke and the other stars of Valley of the Dolls promote the film?
5. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
2. How believable is Duke's story of her relationship with Frank Sinatra?
3. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
4. What helped cause Duke to have her first major manic episode?
5. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
6. While the children were very bothersome to Duke, John Astin seemed to have no trouble with them. Why was this?
7. How did Duke decide to change her appearance once she became attracted to Harry Falk?
8. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
9. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
10. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)