|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Duke and the other stars of Valley of the Dolls promote the film?
(a) In Hollywood.
(b) At Macy's department store.
(c) In a New York hotel.
(d) On a cruise ship.
2. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
(a) Gramma Howe.
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(d) Ethel Senior.
3. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
(a) She intended to sue her.
(b) She wanted to bury the hatchet.
(c) She told Ethel Ross off, fiercely.
(d) She wanted to send the woman money.
4. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
(a) Marie Duke.
(b) Pat Duke.
(c) Anna Marie Duke.
(d) Pat Falk.
5. What was Duke drinking during a lunch break on the set of Me, Natalie that upset Fred Coe so much?
(a) Tomato Juice.
(c) Diet Coke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duke wish she could have done for John Astin's children?
2. Who did Duke end up living with for weeks in Los Angeles, in Chapter 22?
3. How did Duke meet her second husband, Michael Tell?
4. What was The Westwood?
5. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
2. Why was Duke's so-called formal education an embarrassment to her?
3. How did Duke compensate, in school, for being one of the shortest students there?
4. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
5. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
6. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
7. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
8. How believable is Duke's story of her relationship with Frank Sinatra?
9. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
10. How did Judy Garland react when she was fired from The Valley of the Dolls?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)