|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
(a) On the set.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) At her mother's apartment.
(d) With Harry Falk.
2. How old was Desi Arnaz, Jr. when Duke met him?
3. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
(a) Her father died.
(b) She attempted suicide.
(c) Gramma Howe died.
(d) John Ross was in a hospital.
4. What happened to Duke right after The Patty Duke Show series ended in Chapter 19?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) She became catatonic.
(c) She enrolled in an acting school.
(d) She went into a major depression.
5. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To write his novel.
(b) To attempt suicide.
(c) To get a good rest.
(d) To take a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
2. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
3. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 29, what would John Astin's teen son, David, do sometimes at two in the morning?
5. Who was Joanna Barnes?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Astin and Duke were touring during summer stock in Chapter 30, what was one of the worst parts of it?
2. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
3. Why was Duke's so-called formal education an embarrassment to her?
4. Why did Duke decide to adopt John Astin's children?
5. Why did Duke want to make the film, Me, Natalie?
6. How did Duke decide to change her appearance once she became attracted to Harry Falk?
7. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
8. How believable is Duke's story of her relationship with Frank Sinatra?
9. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
10. How did Duke compensate, in school, for being one of the shortest students there?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)