|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
(a) Dances and parties.
(b) Phone calls and letters.
(c) Traveling to both coasts.
(d) Motel room dates.
2. In Chapter 29, what would John Astin's teen son, David, do sometimes at two in the morning?
(a) Sneak out of the house.
(b) Watch television movies.
(c) Play electric guitar.
(d) Bring home friends and cook steaks.
3. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
(a) Harry Falk.
(b) Arthur Penn.
(c) Patricia Neal.
(d) Joey Trent.
4. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) She had gotten too old.
(b) She failed the audition.
(c) Arthur Penn hated her.
(d) She never found out.
5. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
(a) To try and adopt his daughter.
(b) To help him out.
(c) He had a contract with them.
(d) They felt pity for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
2. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
3. Why did Duke and John Astin begin their five-year stint as touring stage actors?
4. In which year was the final episode of The Patty Duke Show filmed?
5. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
2. What helped cause Duke to have her first major manic episode?
3. How did Duke compensate, in school, for being one of the shortest students there?
4. How did the Rosses make a good working couple, as recognized by Duke in Chapter 31?
5. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
6. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
7. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
8. How did Duke feel when she heard that John Ross had died?
9. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
10. While the children were very bothersome to Duke, John Astin seemed to have no trouble with them. Why was this?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)