|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrangements did Duke forget to make for the morning of her wedding in Chapter 18?
(a) A reception.
(b) Music for the reception.
(c) To be driven to the ceremony.
(d) Flowers for the ceremony.
2. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
(a) He had a contract with them.
(b) To help him out.
(c) They felt pity for him.
(d) To try and adopt his daughter.
3. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Sharon Tate.
(c) Liza Minnelli.
(d) Patty Duke.
4. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
(a) Dress shopping.
(b) To a psychiatric hospital.
(c) To a baby shower.
(d) To the cemetery.
5. What did the inside of Harry Falk's coffee cup say in Chapter 18?
(a) Light, No Sugar.
(b) Love of My Life.
(d) Forget Me Not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
2. What did Duke do for Gene Kirkland in Chapter 22?
3. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
4. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
5. What did Duke's managers, Irwin and Stich, do in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What helped cause Duke to have her first major manic episode?
2. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
3. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
4. How did the Rosses make a good working couple, as recognized by Duke in Chapter 31?
5. How did Judy Garland react when she was fired from The Valley of the Dolls?
6. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
7. How did Duke compensate, in school, for being one of the shortest students there?
8. According to Duke in Chapter 19, what is anorexia?
9. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
10. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)