|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
(b) A fire erupted in the apartment.
(c) They let Ethel's mother die.
(d) They had locked Duke in a closet.
2. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
(a) On a bus with a young actor.
(b) In the Ross's bathroom.
(c) On the set of her show.
(d) In the closet at school.
3. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
(b) Track and field.
(d) Playing guitar.
4. What did Liza Minnelli lend to Duke during her Academy Awards rehearsal?
(d) A wrap.
5. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She hated shopping.
(c) She had herpes.
(d) She had lost the award.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Duke when she married Harry Falk?
2. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
3. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
4. Why did Duke and John Astin begin their five-year stint as touring stage actors?
5. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
2. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
3. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
4. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
5. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
6. How did Duke get along with Judy Garland?
7. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
8. While the children were very bothersome to Duke, John Astin seemed to have no trouble with them. Why was this?
9. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
10. How did Judy Garland react when she was fired from The Valley of the Dolls?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)