|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Quitting the acting business.
(b) Getting remarried.
(c) Losing her mind.
(d) Taking hard drugs.
2. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
(a) John Astin.
(b) Ethel Ross.
(c) Her manager.
(d) Her mother.
3. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
(b) A doper.
(d) Nasty to everyone.
4. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
5. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
(b) Track and field.
(d) Playing guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Doheny Towers?
2. What did Liza Minnelli lend to Duke during her Academy Awards rehearsal?
3. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
4. Who did Duke end up living with for weeks in Los Angeles, in Chapter 22?
5. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
2. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
3. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
4. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
5. How did Duke feel when she heard that John Ross had died?
6. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
7. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
8. What helped cause Duke to have her first major manic episode?
9. According to Duke in Chapter 19, what is anorexia?
10. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)