|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Bobby Kennedy.
(c) Jack Kennedy.
(d) Eugene McCarthy.
2. Why did Duke and John Astin begin their five-year stint as touring stage actors?
(a) They wanted to travel.
(b) They loved the theater so much.
(c) They were both too old for film.
(d) They needed the money.
3. Where did the Rosses take a vacation with Duke, bringing along Harry Falk?
(d) The Virgin Islands.
4. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She adored it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
(d) She wanted it to be smaller.
5. Where is Port Bolivar, the place where "My Sweet Charlie" was filmed?
(a) In Spain.
(b) Near Galveston, Texas.
(c) Outside of Houston, Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
2. What are the Doheny Towers?
3. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
4. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
5. What was Harry Falk convinced that Duke had done in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
2. What helped cause Duke to have her first major manic episode?
3. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
4. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
5. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
6. While the children were very bothersome to Duke, John Astin seemed to have no trouble with them. Why was this?
7. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
8. How did Duke get along with Judy Garland?
9. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
10. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)