|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To attempt suicide.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To get a good rest.
(d) To write his novel.
2. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She adored it.
(c) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
(d) She wanted it to be smaller.
3. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
(a) With Harry Falk.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) At her mother's apartment.
(d) On the set.
4. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
(a) Eugene McCarthy.
(b) Bobby Kennedy.
(c) Jack Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
5. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
2. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
3. What did Duke want to do with the Emmy she won in 1970?
4. Where had Harry Falk been while Duke was desperately trying to contact him in Chapter 21?
5. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
2. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
3. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
4. Why did Duke want to make the film, Me, Natalie?
5. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
6. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
7. While Astin and Duke were touring during summer stock in Chapter 30, what was one of the worst parts of it?
8. How did Duke decide to change her appearance once she became attracted to Harry Falk?
9. How did the Rosses make a good working couple, as recognized by Duke in Chapter 31?
10. Why did Duke decide to adopt John Astin's children?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)