|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke drinking during a lunch break on the set of Me, Natalie that upset Fred Coe so much?
(b) Diet Coke.
(c) Tomato Juice.
2. What did Duke do for Gene Kirkland in Chapter 22?
(a) Bought him a television.
(b) Married him.
(c) Found him a job.
(d) Co-signed a car lease.
3. What was Harry Falk convinced that Duke had done in Chapter 21?
(a) Spied on him.
(b) Sent herself flowers.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Had an affair.
4. What was Harry Falk hiding from Duke in Los Angeles?
(a) Her money from the Rosses.
(b) Commitment papers.
(c) Another acting role.
(d) Another woman.
5. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
(a) In the studio where she'd done The Patty Duke Show.
(b) In Westwood Psychiatric Hospital.
(c) On Fire Island.
(d) In her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What film, after The Miracle Worker, did Duke make with director Fred Coe?
2. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
3. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
4. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
5. Who sent Duke flowers with a note that Harry Falk found in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Duke in Chapter 19, what is anorexia?
2. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
3. Why did Duke want to make the film, Me, Natalie?
4. While the children were very bothersome to Duke, John Astin seemed to have no trouble with them. Why was this?
5. While Astin and Duke were touring during summer stock in Chapter 30, what was one of the worst parts of it?
6. What made Duke's suicide attempt in Chapter 23 more serious that her previous tries?
7. How did Duke feel when she heard that John Ross had died?
8. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
9. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
10. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)