|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
2. What was found in Duke's closet in Port Bolivar?
(a) Filthy clothes.
(c) Diet pills.
(d) Her diary.
3. What was The Westwood?
(a) A movie studio.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) An apartment building.
(d) A psychiatric hospital.
4. What did Liza Minnelli lend to Duke during her Academy Awards rehearsal?
(b) A wrap.
5. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Quitting the acting business.
(b) Getting remarried.
(c) Taking hard drugs.
(d) Losing her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
2. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
3. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
4. How did Duke meet her second husband, Michael Tell?
5. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
2. While the children were very bothersome to Duke, John Astin seemed to have no trouble with them. Why was this?
3. While Astin and Duke were touring during summer stock in Chapter 30, what was one of the worst parts of it?
4. How did Duke feel when she heard that John Ross had died?
5. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
6. What do you think took Duke so long to realize that her husband, Harry Falk, was seeing another woman in California?
7. According to Duke in Chapter 19, what is anorexia?
8. What helped cause Duke to have her first major manic episode?
9. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
10. How did the Rosses make a good working couple, as recognized by Duke in Chapter 31?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)