|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
2. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(c) To Sir With Love.
(d) Gone With the Wind.
3. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
4. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
(a) They felt pity for him.
(b) To help him out.
(c) He had a contract with them.
(d) To try and adopt his daughter.
5. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Getting remarried.
(b) Taking hard drugs.
(c) Losing her mind.
(d) Quitting the acting business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
2. In 1974, what did John Astin's children from his first marriage want Duke to do?
3. What happened to Duke right after The Patty Duke Show series ended in Chapter 19?
4. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
5. Who sent Duke flowers with a note that Harry Falk found in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
2. Why was Duke's so-called formal education an embarrassment to her?
3. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
4. While Astin and Duke were touring during summer stock in Chapter 30, what was one of the worst parts of it?
5. How did Duke compensate, in school, for being one of the shortest students there?
6. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
7. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
8. According to Duke in Chapter 19, what is anorexia?
9. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
10. How did the Rosses make a good working couple, as recognized by Duke in Chapter 31?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)