|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She had lost the award.
(c) She hated shopping.
(d) She had herpes.
2. In 1974, what did John Astin's children from his first marriage want Duke to do?
(a) Quit acting.
(b) Leave their father.
(c) Adopt them.
(d) Stay home more.
3. Which television series did Harry Falk leave The Patty Duke Show to work on?
(a) The Untouchables.
(b) East Side, West Side.
(c) The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
(d) Happy Days.
4. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
(a) Play a round of poker.
(b) Have a drink on him.
(c) Be in his next film.
(d) Join his table.
5. What was found in Duke's closet in Port Bolivar?
(a) Filthy clothes.
(b) Diet pills.
(d) Her diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke spend her last two years of elementary school?
2. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
3. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
4. In which year was the final episode of The Patty Duke Show filmed?
5. Who sent Duke flowers with a note that Harry Falk found in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke have so much trouble in her relationship with Desi Arnaz, Jr.?
2. Why did Duke's pregnancy in Chapter 27 become such a media frenzy?
3. While the children were very bothersome to Duke, John Astin seemed to have no trouble with them. Why was this?
4. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
5. What caused Duke to suddenly take up smoking and swearing?
6. How did Duke get along with Judy Garland?
7. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
8. What helped cause Duke to have her first major manic episode?
9. How did Duke compensate, in school, for being one of the shortest students there?
10. How did Judy Garland react when she was fired from The Valley of the Dolls?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)