|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her two-inch heels.
(b) Her age.
(c) The money she was making.
(d) Her pride in herself.
2. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Beat up on him.
(b) Give him hugs.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Push him off stage.
3. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(a) Serve cookies.
4. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(b) A hot meal for home.
(c) Money from her father.
(d) Money she would beg for from strangers.
5. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
2. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
3. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
4. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
5. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did Duke use her dog, Skippy, to help her cry on New Year's Eve?
2. Why would Shirley Bernstein get nervous when asking Duke four questions?
3. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
4. Why was the last day of shooting of The Miracle Worker something Duke had long been dreading?
5. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
6. While onstage during The Miracle Worker in Chapter 9, what did actor Thorin Thatcher do when he forgot his lines?
7. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
8. How did the Rosses ease The Miracle Worker's producers' fears that Duke would grow tall too quickly to fit into the role for long?
9. How did Duke come to meet the Rosses?
10. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)