|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) It got caught in the door.
(b) She sprained it hitting Patty.
(c) Scroungy bit it.
(d) It got stuck in the washing machine.
2. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(b) Truck drivers.
(d) Drug addicts.
3. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(a) Coca Cola.
(d) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
4. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her age.
(b) The money she was making.
(c) Her two-inch heels.
(d) Her pride in herself.
5. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) A hot meal for home.
(b) Money she would beg for from strangers.
(c) Money from her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
2. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
3. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
4. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
5. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Rosses ease The Miracle Worker's producers' fears that Duke would grow tall too quickly to fit into the role for long?
2. Why was the last day of shooting of The Miracle Worker something Duke had long been dreading?
3. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
4. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
5. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
6. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
7. When did Duke realize that the Rosses had attempted to molest her?
8. Why was it that Duke was not able to see her close-up in the film, The Miracle Worker, when she made a good and bad girl face?
9. During the run of The Miracle Worker on Broadway, what one part of the temper tantrums in Act 2 did Duke find the most horrible to deal with?
10. Why did Duke have to appear before the House Special Subcommittee on Legislative Oversight in 1959?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)