|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Her father threw it out the window.
(b) Someone would steal it.
(c) Her mother tipped it over.
(d) It would burn down.
2. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
3. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
(a) Ran out the door.
(b) Called the police.
(c) Smacked him in the face.
(d) Threw up on him.
4. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
(c) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Puerto Rico.
5. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She sang.
(b) She was an actress.
(c) She was a dancer.
(d) She waited tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
2. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
3. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
4. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
5. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did Duke use her dog, Skippy, to help her cry on New Year's Eve?
2. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
3. In what way does Duke believe she was well trained by the Rosses?
4. Why did Duke have to appear before the House Special Subcommittee on Legislative Oversight in 1959?
5. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
6. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
7. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
8. While onstage during The Miracle Worker in Chapter 9, what did actor Thorin Thatcher do when he forgot his lines?
9. What philosophical approach, suggested by Astin, does Duke follow today?
10. Why was it that Duke was not able to see her close-up in the film, The Miracle Worker, when she made a good and bad girl face?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)