|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
2. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
(a) Annie Get Your Gun.
(b) The Music Man.
(c) Bye Bye Birdie.
(d) Fiddler on the Roof.
3. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) Duke's grandfather.
(b) The Ross's.
(c) Duke's family.
(d) John Astin.
4. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
5. Which scene in the movie was the most exhausting for everyone to film?
(a) Helen begging for food.
(b) The meeting of Annie.
(c) The tantrum scene.
(d) The miracle scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
2. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
3. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
4. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
5. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Duke come to meet the Rosses?
2. What job did Duke have to do as a child that involved going to a bar?
3. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
4. In what way does Duke believe she was well trained by the Rosses?
5. Why was it that Duke was not able to see her close-up in the film, The Miracle Worker, when she made a good and bad girl face?
6. How was it that Duke did not see the movies she appeared in until many years later?
7. Why was the last day of shooting of The Miracle Worker something Duke had long been dreading?
8. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
9. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
10. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)