|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
(a) Patricia Neal.
(b) Torin Thatcher.
(c) Annie Sullivan.
(d) Annie Bancroft.
2. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) Mrs. Duke.
(b) John Ross.
(c) Ethel Ross.
3. Which scene in the movie was the most exhausting for everyone to film?
(a) The meeting of Annie.
(b) Helen begging for food.
(c) The miracle scene.
(d) The tantrum scene.
4. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
(a) Color film.
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Ross's real last name?
2. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
3. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
4. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
5. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
2. How did Duke's mother use the city bus as a form of recreation?
3. What job did Duke have to do as a child that involved going to a bar?
4. What was Duke most anxious about, causing her to go into psychotherapy for years?
5. What sort of lies would the Rosses make up in order to get acting work for Duke?
6. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
7. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
8. Why was it that Duke was not able to see her close-up in the film, The Miracle Worker, when she made a good and bad girl face?
9. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
10. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)