|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Duke refer to the Rosses in Chapter 12?
(a) The Billy-the-Kid gang.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Jack the Ripper.
(c) Bonnie and Clyde.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Adolf Hitler.
2. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Helen Keller.
(c) Katharine Cornell.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
3. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
4. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A variety show.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A quiz show.
5. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She waited tables.
(c) She sang.
(d) She was a dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
2. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
3. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
4. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
5. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Rosses ease The Miracle Worker's producers' fears that Duke would grow tall too quickly to fit into the role for long?
2. In what way does Duke believe she was well trained by the Rosses?
3. How did Duke's mother use the city bus as a form of recreation?
4. While onstage during The Miracle Worker in Chapter 9, what did actor Thorin Thatcher do when he forgot his lines?
5. In Chapter 3, how did Duke use her dog, Skippy, to help her cry on New Year's Eve?
6. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
7. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
8. Why did John Ross change his name from John Valentine Rossi?
9. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
10. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)