|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(a) Coca Cola.
(c) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
2. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
(a) Wonder Woman.
(b) Matt Lincoln, M.D.
(c) The Six Million Dollar Man.
(d) Happy Days.
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She was a dancer.
(b) She sang.
(c) She was an actress.
(d) She waited tables.
4. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
(c) The Bronx.
(d) The Upper West Side.
5. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
(a) Losing her mother.
(b) LIving with the Rosses.
(c) Working with Ray.
(d) Making commercials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
2. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
3. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
4. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
5. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
Short Essay Questions
1. While onstage during The Miracle Worker in Chapter 9, what did actor Thorin Thatcher do when he forgot his lines?
2. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
3. During the run of The Miracle Worker on Broadway, what one part of the temper tantrums in Act 2 did Duke find the most horrible to deal with?
4. How did John Ross make Duke prepare for The Miracle Worker audition?
5. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
6. In Chapter 3, how did Duke use her dog, Skippy, to help her cry on New Year's Eve?
7. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
8. Why would Shirley Bernstein get nervous when asking Duke four questions?
9. Why did Duke have to appear before the House Special Subcommittee on Legislative Oversight in 1959?
10. How did Duke come to meet the Rosses?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)