|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
2. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) The Rosses cut it.
(b) She wore it down.
(c) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
(d) She dyed it blond.
3. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
4. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) The Fourth of July.
5. What did Bill Schallert very often pretend to be around Duke?
(a) Not very bright.
(b) Her father.
(c) A woman.
(d) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
2. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
3. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
4. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
5. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John Ross make Duke prepare for The Miracle Worker audition?
2. Why would Shirley Bernstein get nervous when asking Duke four questions?
3. When did Duke realize that the Rosses had attempted to molest her?
4. What was Duke most anxious about, causing her to go into psychotherapy for years?
5. What philosophical approach, suggested by Astin, does Duke follow today?
6. In what way does Duke believe she was well trained by the Rosses?
7. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
8. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
9. What sort of lies would the Rosses make up in order to get acting work for Duke?
10. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)