|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
(a) Threw up on him.
(b) Ran out the door.
(c) Called the police.
(d) Smacked him in the face.
2. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
(a) The Glass Menagerie.
(b) The Bad Seed.
(c) The Miracle Worker.
(d) Our Town.
3. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Isle of Children.
(b) A Chinese Play.
(c) Norma Crane.
(d) Blue Eyes Open.
4. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(b) Truck drivers.
(d) Drug addicts.
5. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(a) Serve cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
2. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
3. Which scene in the movie was the most exhausting for everyone to film?
4. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
5. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
2. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
3. In what way does Duke believe she was well trained by the Rosses?
4. Why was the last day of shooting of The Miracle Worker something Duke had long been dreading?
5. How was it that, as detailed in Chapter 5, Duke was more afraid of the Rosses than she was of God?
6. Why was it that Duke was not able to see her close-up in the film, The Miracle Worker, when she made a good and bad girl face?
7. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
8. How did John Ross make Duke prepare for The Miracle Worker audition?
9. How was it that Duke did not see the movies she appeared in until many years later?
10. Why would Shirley Bernstein get nervous when asking Duke four questions?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)