|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) Sir Laurence Olivier.
(b) John Astin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
(b) Mary Poppins.
(c) Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) The Bad Seed.
3. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(d) Coca Cola.
4. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(c) Braiding hair.
5. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
(a) The Music Man.
(b) Bye Bye Birdie.
(c) Annie Get Your Gun.
(d) Fiddler on the Roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
2. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
3. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
4. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
5. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was it that Duke did not see the movies she appeared in until many years later?
2. What contributed to Duke's difficulty with keeping control of and monitoring her son, Sean, on the set of "Please Don't Hit Me, Mom"?
3. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
4. Why was the last day of shooting of The Miracle Worker something Duke had long been dreading?
5. How believable is Duke's story of her relationship with Frank Sinatra?
6. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
7. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
8. How did Duke get along with Judy Garland?
9. How did the Rosses ease The Miracle Worker's producers' fears that Duke would grow tall too quickly to fit into the role for long?
10. Why did Duke want to make the film, Me, Natalie?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)