|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
(b) Fiddler on the Roof.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) Mary Poppins.
2. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Help me.
(b) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
(d) Please, in a whisper.
3. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(b) Clearing her throat.
(c) Washing her face.
(d) Jumping out of bed.
4. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
(c) Script writer.
5. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
2. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
3. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
4. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
5. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
2. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
3. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
4. Why was it that Duke was not able to see her close-up in the film, The Miracle Worker, when she made a good and bad girl face?
5. What was Duke most anxious about, causing her to go into psychotherapy for years?
6. What sort of lies would the Rosses make up in order to get acting work for Duke?
7. How was it that, as detailed in Chapter 5, Duke was more afraid of the Rosses than she was of God?
8. How was it that Duke did not see the movies she appeared in until many years later?
9. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
10. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)