|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
(b) New Yorkese.
2. What was the main reason that the Rosses were willing to let Duke leave The Miracle Worker play?
(a) To be in the film version.
(b) New York was too cold.
(c) She was too old.
(d) They were losing money.
3. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(a) Braiding hair.
4. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(b) The Sound of Music.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
5. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
(a) They Came From Outer Space.
(b) The Blob.
(c) The Atomic Kid.
(d) The 4-D Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
2. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
3. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
4. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
5. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke feel so close to Jean Byron, the actress who played Duke's mother on The Patty Duke Show?
2. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
3. What philosophical approach, suggested by Astin, does Duke follow today?
4. During the run of The Miracle Worker on Broadway, what one part of the temper tantrums in Act 2 did Duke find the most horrible to deal with?
5. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
6. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
7. How did Duke come to meet the Rosses?
8. How did John Ross make Duke prepare for The Miracle Worker audition?
9. Why was it that Duke was not able to see her close-up in the film, The Miracle Worker, when she made a good and bad girl face?
10. What job did Duke have to do as a child that involved going to a bar?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)