Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(b) Help me.
(c) Please, in a whisper.
(d) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
2. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
(b) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(c) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
(d) He was Duke's real father.
3. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Isle of Children.
(b) Norma Crane.
(c) Blue Eyes Open.
(d) A Chinese Play.
4. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(a) Truck drivers.
(d) Drug addicts.
5. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
(c) Christian Scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
2. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
3. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
4. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
5. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Duke and her new husband, Harry Falk, find collecting Duke's money from the county clerk's office to be a painful event?
2. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
3. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
4. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
5. What contributed to Duke's difficulty with keeping control of and monitoring her son, Sean, on the set of "Please Don't Hit Me, Mom"?
6. What philosophical approach, suggested by Astin, does Duke follow today?
7. How did Duke's mother use the city bus as a form of recreation?
8. Why did Duke walk off the set of the Matt Lincoln, M.D. show in 1970?
9. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
10. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)