|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
(a) Extemely funny.
(b) Inappropriately sexual.
2. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
(a) The Blob.
(b) The Atomic Kid.
(c) They Came From Outer Space.
(d) The 4-D Man.
3. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
(c) Allergy medicine.
4. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her brother, Ray.
(b) Irish funerals.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Sir Laurence Olivier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
2. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
3. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
4. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
5. What did Bill Schallert very often pretend to be around Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
2. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
3. During the run of The Miracle Worker on Broadway, what one part of the temper tantrums in Act 2 did Duke find the most horrible to deal with?
4. How did John Ross make Duke prepare for The Miracle Worker audition?
5. In what way does Duke believe she was well trained by the Rosses?
6. What was Duke most anxious about, causing her to go into psychotherapy for years?
7. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
8. In Chapter 3, how did Duke use her dog, Skippy, to help her cry on New Year's Eve?
9. How was it that Duke did not see the movies she appeared in until many years later?
10. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)