|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
(a) They did not want to get up that early.
(b) They had someone follow Duke.
(c) They felt she was independent enough.
(d) They were ready to let her branch off on her own.
2. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
(a) To make sure their ceiling did not leak.
(b) She considered jumping.
(c) To see what her kids were doing in the streets.
(d) To smoke cigarettes.
3. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
4. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Baby wipes.
(c) Wash 'n Dris.
(d) Bottles of water.
5. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) Duke's father.
(b) Duke's audience.
(c) Duke, herself.
(d) The Rosses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
2. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
3. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
4. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
5. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Duke happen to fall in love with Harry Falk?
2. What helped cause Duke to have her first major manic episode?
3. Why did Duke feel so close to Jean Byron, the actress who played Duke's mother on The Patty Duke Show?
4. In Chapter 3, how did Duke use her dog, Skippy, to help her cry on New Year's Eve?
5. Why did Duke have people, especially her manager, so concerned about her after her acceptance of the Emmy Award for "My Sweet Charlie"?
6. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
7. How did Duke decide to change her appearance once she became attracted to Harry Falk?
8. How was the Ross's dog, Bambi, treated?
9. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
10. How did Judy Garland react when she was fired from The Valley of the Dolls?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)