|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
(a) Annie Get Your Gun.
(b) The Music Man.
(c) Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Bye Bye Birdie.
2. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Smacked him in the face.
(c) Threw up on him.
(d) Ran out the door.
3. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
(a) Media interviews.
(c) Acting roles.
(d) Academic tests.
4. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
5. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(b) Truck drivers.
(c) Drug addicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
2. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
3. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
4. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
5. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
2. How was it that Duke did not see the movies she appeared in until many years later?
3. Why did Duke feel so close to Jean Byron, the actress who played Duke's mother on The Patty Duke Show?
4. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
5. What philosophical approach, suggested by Astin, does Duke follow today?
6. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
7. What sort of lies would the Rosses make up in order to get acting work for Duke?
8. How did John Ross make Duke prepare for The Miracle Worker audition?
9. How was it that, as detailed in Chapter 5, Duke was more afraid of the Rosses than she was of God?
10. Why was the last day of shooting of The Miracle Worker something Duke had long been dreading?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)