|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
2. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
(a) Mary Poppins.
(b) Fiddler on the Roof.
(c) The Bad Seed.
3. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He abused Duke.
(b) He was always late to the set.
(c) He was getting too close to Duke.
(d) He was not a good director.
4. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
(a) To the bakery.
(b) To a playground.
(c) To Grandpa's bar.
5. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
(d) Color film.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
2. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
3. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
4. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
5. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Duke come to meet the Rosses?
2. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
3. What was Duke most anxious about, causing her to go into psychotherapy for years?
4. Why did Duke feel so close to Jean Byron, the actress who played Duke's mother on The Patty Duke Show?
5. Why did Duke have to appear before the House Special Subcommittee on Legislative Oversight in 1959?
6. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
7. Why would Shirley Bernstein get nervous when asking Duke four questions?
8. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
9. What job did Duke have to do as a child that involved going to a bar?
10. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)