|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Bible.
2. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
(d) Script writer.
3. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Irish funerals.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother, Ray.
4. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) A Chinese Play.
(b) Blue Eyes Open.
(c) Norma Crane.
(d) Isle of Children.
5. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
(a) The Rosses.
(b) Ben Gazzara.
(c) Ray Duke.
(d) Huntz Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
2. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
3. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
4. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
5. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Duke's mother use the city bus as a form of recreation?
2. In Chapter 3, how did Duke use her dog, Skippy, to help her cry on New Year's Eve?
3. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
4. How did Duke come to meet the Rosses?
5. What was Duke most anxious about, causing her to go into psychotherapy for years?
6. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
7. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
8. What did Duke find herself praying for in Chapter 6?
9. While onstage during The Miracle Worker in Chapter 9, what did actor Thorin Thatcher do when he forgot his lines?
10. Why did John Ross change his name from John Valentine Rossi?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)