|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
(b) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
(c) He was Duke's real father.
(d) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
2. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
(a) The Bad Seed.
(b) Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Mary Poppins.
3. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) Duke's family.
(b) Duke's grandfather.
(c) John Astin.
(d) The Ross's.
4. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
(a) Laurence Olivier.
(b) Helen Hayes.
(c) Julie Harris.
(d) Anne Bancroft.
5. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Helen Keller.
(c) Roman Polanski.
(d) President Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
2. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
3. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
4. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
5. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the last day of shooting of The Miracle Worker something Duke had long been dreading?
2. In what way does Duke believe she was well trained by the Rosses?
3. Why, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, did Duke become so hysterical, even losing some control over herself?
4. Why was The Patty Duke Show canceled in 1966?
5. What contributed to Duke's difficulty with keeping control of and monitoring her son, Sean, on the set of "Please Don't Hit Me, Mom"?
6. How was it that, as detailed in Chapter 5, Duke was more afraid of the Rosses than she was of God?
7. What got Duke interested in being involved with union work?
8. In Chapter 14, what was one of the worst stage experiences Duke ever had?
9. What scene during the filming of "Please Don't Hit Me, Mom" did Sean Astin have the most trouble with?
10. Why might Duke have been so uncomfortable with Joanna Barnes, Harry Falk's friend?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)