|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
2. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
(a) Roman Polanski.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Helen Keller.
3. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(c) Coca Cola.
(d) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
4. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
(a) The Bronx.
(c) The Upper West Side.
5. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
(a) Acting as parents.
(c) Being nuns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
2. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
3. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
4. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
5. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Duke believe she was well trained by the Rosses?
2. How did John Ross make Duke prepare for The Miracle Worker audition?
3. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
4. What were some of the things about her parts in the play, The Miracle Worker, that Duke liked best?
5. How did Duke's mother use the city bus as a form of recreation?
6. Why did Duke feel so close to Jean Byron, the actress who played Duke's mother on The Patty Duke Show?
7. Why did John Ross change his name from John Valentine Rossi?
8. During the run of The Miracle Worker on Broadway, what one part of the temper tantrums in Act 2 did Duke find the most horrible to deal with?
9. How was it that, as detailed in Chapter 5, Duke was more afraid of the Rosses than she was of God?
10. Why was it that Duke was not able to see her close-up in the film, The Miracle Worker, when she made a good and bad girl face?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)