|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(b) Coca Cola.
2. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Taken drugs.
(b) Flew on an airplane.
(c) Consumed alcohol.
(d) Smoked cigarettes.
3. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
(a) Working with Ray.
(b) Making commercials.
(c) Losing her mother.
(d) LIving with the Rosses.
4. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
(a) Laurence Olivier.
(b) Helen Hayes.
(c) Julie Harris.
(d) Anne Bancroft.
5. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
(b) She was very tired.
(c) To disturb the Rosses.
(d) She felt underpaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
2. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
3. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
4. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
5. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was it that Duke did not see the movies she appeared in until many years later?
2. How did Duke come to meet the Rosses?
3. Why would Shirley Bernstein get nervous when asking Duke four questions?
4. What was Duke most anxious about, causing her to go into psychotherapy for years?
5. How did the Rosses ease The Miracle Worker's producers' fears that Duke would grow tall too quickly to fit into the role for long?
6. When filming for The Miracle Worker movie began, why was Duke thrilled to be able to travel to the set on her own?
7. How did Duke act at Annie Bancraft's final performance in The Miracle Worker?
8. Where did Duke's passion for acting begin?
9. How did Duke's mother use the city bus as a form of recreation?
10. What did the Rosses do for Duke if she even seemed to be getting sick?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)