|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Rosses take a vacation with Duke, bringing along Harry Falk?
(d) The Virgin Islands.
2. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(b) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
(c) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
(d) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
3. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
(a) Dances and parties.
(b) Phone calls and letters.
(c) Traveling to both coasts.
(d) Motel room dates.
4. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
(a) In her hotel room.
(b) On the ferry.
(c) At the wrap party.
(d) During the first read-through.
5. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
(a) At her mother's apartment.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) On the set.
(d) With Harry Falk.
6. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
(a) Her singing had been recorded.
(b) She slipped in the shower.
(c) She had an out-of-body experience.
(d) She was admitted to a pyschiatric hospital again.
7. What did John Ross apologize about in a letter to Duke in Chapter 15?
(a) Keeping her money.
(b) Molesting her.
(c) Not allowing her to grow up.
(d) Not letting her date boys.
8. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
(a) Patricia Neal.
(b) Harry Falk.
(c) Joey Trent.
(d) Arthur Penn.
9. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
(a) She had herpes.
(b) She hated shopping.
(c) She had lost the award.
(d) She was pregnant.
10. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Quitting the acting business.
(b) Taking hard drugs.
(c) Getting remarried.
(d) Losing her mind.
11. What happened to Duke right after The Patty Duke Show series ended in Chapter 19?
(a) She went into a major depression.
(b) She became catatonic.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She enrolled in an acting school.
12. What arrangements did Duke forget to make for the morning of her wedding in Chapter 18?
(a) To be driven to the ceremony.
(b) Flowers for the ceremony.
(c) Music for the reception.
(d) A reception.
13. What was Duke drinking during a lunch break on the set of Me, Natalie that upset Fred Coe so much?
(a) Diet Coke.
(b) Tomato Juice.
14. Where did Duke meet her new business manager after her breakup with David Licht?
(a) In the Westwood.
(b) At the Sierra apartments.
(c) In a restaurant parking lot.
(d) Near the beach.
15. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
(a) In the closet at school.
(b) In the Ross's bathroom.
(c) On a bus with a young actor.
(d) On the set of her show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Duke have an urge to punch an old lady in Chapter 30?
2. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
3. Where is Port Bolivar, the place where "My Sweet Charlie" was filmed?
4. Who sent Duke flowers with a note that Harry Falk found in Chapter 21?
5. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)