|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke wish she could have done for John Astin's children?
(a) Found them good jobs.
(b) Paid for their college education.
(c) Been a better mother to them.
(d) Given them more material things.
2. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
(a) Nasty to everyone.
(d) A doper.
3. What did Duke's managers, Irwin and Stich, do in Chapter 30?
(a) Broke up her marriage to John Astin.
(b) Got her a role in a number one movie.
(c) Let her pass the Writers Guild picket lines.
(d) Embezzled her money.
4. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
5. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
(a) She wanted to bury the hatchet.
(b) She wanted to send the woman money.
(c) She intended to sue her.
(d) She told Ethel Ross off, fiercely.
6. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
(a) They felt pity for him.
(b) He had a contract with them.
(c) To try and adopt his daughter.
(d) To help him out.
7. Who was Joanna Barnes?
(a) A friend of Harry Falk.
(b) An art gallery dealer.
(c) A real estate agent.
(d) An artist.
8. Where had Harry Falk been while Duke was desperately trying to contact him in Chapter 21?
(a) Sandy Smith's house.
(b) The Sherry Netherland Hotel.
(c) The Playboy Mansion.
(d) The Hilton Hotel.
9. What did Liza Minnelli lend to Duke during her Academy Awards rehearsal?
(a) A wrap.
10. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
(b) She wanted it to be smaller.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She adored it.
11. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
(a) Jack Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Eugene McCarthy.
(d) Bobby Kennedy.
12. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) A fire erupted in the apartment.
(b) They let Ethel's mother die.
(c) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
(d) They had locked Duke in a closet.
13. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
(a) She is jealous of them.
(b) She cannot stand them.
(c) She believes they are intrusive.
(d) She adores them.
14. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) They separated her from Harry Falk.
(b) They locked away her clothing.
(c) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(d) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
15. What did Bob Banner, the producer of "My Sweet Charlie" tell Duke, confidentially, in Chapter 23?
(a) Someone on set was involved with drugs.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) The producer had run out of money.
(d) Al Freeman, Jr. would be fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangements did Duke forget to make for the morning of her wedding in Chapter 18?
2. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
3. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
4. What did Duke want to do with the Emmy she won in 1970?
5. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)