|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
(a) In Westwood Psychiatric Hospital.
(b) In the studio where she'd done The Patty Duke Show.
(c) In her apartment.
(d) On Fire Island.
2. What restriction did Ethel Ross place on Duke during John Ross's funeral?
(a) She had to wear a certain dress.
(b) She could not wear black.
(c) She must bring her Oscar.
(d) She had to be on her own.
3. How did Duke meet her second husband, Michael Tell?
(a) At a party.
(b) They were in "The Paisley Convertible" together.
(c) He was her doctor.
(d) She sublet him her apartment.
4. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
(a) To Sir With Love.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) In Cold Blood.
5. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) She was in love.
(b) The man was wealthy.
(c) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(d) To spite John Astin.
6. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
(a) Woody Allen.
(b) Al Pacino.
(c) Dustin Hoffman.
(d) Peter Lawford.
7. What was Duke drinking during a lunch break on the set of Me, Natalie that upset Fred Coe so much?
(b) Tomato Juice.
(c) Diet Coke.
8. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
(a) Gramma Howe.
(b) Ethel Senior.
(c) Mrs. Ross.
9. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
(a) Duke's housekeeper.
(b) John Astin's ex-wife.
(c) Duke's new step-daughter.
(d) The family dog.
10. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
11. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
(a) She is jealous of them.
(b) She cannot stand them.
(c) She adores them.
(d) She believes they are intrusive.
12. What was Harry Falk convinced that Duke had done in Chapter 21?
(a) Sent herself flowers.
(b) Quit her job.
(c) Had an affair.
(d) Spied on him.
13. Why did Duke have an urge to punch an old lady in Chapter 30?
(a) She sided with John Astin against ear-piercing.
(b) The woman was eavesdropping.
(c) She did not recognize Duke and John Astin.
(d) She spilled her tea on Duke.
14. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
(a) Patricia Neal.
(b) Harry Falk.
(c) Arthur Penn.
(d) Joey Trent.
15. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
(a) She hated shopping.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) She had herpes.
(d) She had lost the award.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which television series did Harry Falk leave The Patty Duke Show to work on?
2. Who did Duke end up living with for weeks in Los Angeles, in Chapter 22?
3. Where had Harry Falk been while Duke was desperately trying to contact him in Chapter 21?
4. How old was Duke when she married Harry Falk?
5. In which year was the final episode of The Patty Duke Show filmed?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)