|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
(a) Woody Allen.
(b) Peter Lawford.
(c) Dustin Hoffman.
(d) Al Pacino.
2. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What restriction did Ethel Ross place on Duke during John Ross's funeral?
(a) She had to be on her own.
(b) She must bring her Oscar.
(c) She could not wear black.
(d) She had to wear a certain dress.
4. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
(a) Eugene McCarthy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Jack Kennedy.
(d) Bobby Kennedy.
5. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
(a) Her mother.
(b) John Astin.
(c) Ethel Ross.
(d) Her manager.
6. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) A fire erupted in the apartment.
(b) They had locked Duke in a closet.
(c) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
(d) They let Ethel's mother die.
7. What happened on February 2, 1963, in Chapter 15?
(a) Mr. Duke died.
(b) The Rosses adopted Duke.
(c) Mrs. Duke was declared incompetent.
(d) Ethel Ross died.
8. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
(b) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
(c) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(d) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
9. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
(a) In the closet at school.
(b) On the set of her show.
(c) On a bus with a young actor.
(d) In the Ross's bathroom.
10. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
(c) A doper.
(d) Nasty to everyone.
11. What was Harry Falk hiding from Duke in Los Angeles?
(a) Another acting role.
(b) Another woman.
(c) Commitment papers.
(d) Her money from the Rosses.
12. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
(a) She would get him fired.
(b) She was going to marry him one day.
(c) She thought he was too full of himself.
(d) She hated him.
13. In 1974, what did John Astin's children from his first marriage want Duke to do?
(a) Stay home more.
(b) Adopt them.
(c) Leave their father.
(d) Quit acting.
14. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
(b) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(c) They separated her from Harry Falk.
(d) They locked away her clothing.
15. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
2. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
3. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
4. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
5. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)