|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
(a) Pat Falk.
(b) Anna Marie Duke.
(c) Pat Duke.
(d) Marie Duke.
2. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
(a) She had herpes.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) She hated shopping.
(d) She had lost the award.
3. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She adored it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She wanted it to be smaller.
(d) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
4. Where did Duke meet her new business manager after her breakup with David Licht?
(a) Near the beach.
(b) In the Westwood.
(c) In a restaurant parking lot.
(d) At the Sierra apartments.
5. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
6. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To get a good rest.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To write his novel.
(d) To attempt suicide.
7. What did Bob Banner, the producer of "My Sweet Charlie" tell Duke, confidentially, in Chapter 23?
(a) Al Freeman, Jr. would be fired.
(b) Someone on set was involved with drugs.
(c) The producer had run out of money.
(d) He was in love with her.
8. Who sent Duke flowers with a note that Harry Falk found in Chapter 21?
(a) Sandy Smith.
(b) John Astin.
(c) Frank Sinatra, Jr.
(d) Lucky Lewis.
9. Who was Joanna Barnes?
(a) A friend of Harry Falk.
(b) An art gallery dealer.
(c) A real estate agent.
(d) An artist.
10. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) They let Ethel's mother die.
(b) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
(c) A fire erupted in the apartment.
(d) They had locked Duke in a closet.
11. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
(a) Gramma Howe.
(c) Ethel Senior.
(d) Mrs. Ross.
12. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) Arthur Penn hated her.
(b) She never found out.
(c) She had gotten too old.
(d) She failed the audition.
13. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
(a) Duke was late getting dressed.
(b) Coffee spilled on Harry Falk's clothing.
(c) The car broke down.
(d) They were in a car accident.
14. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
(a) On the set.
(b) At her mother's apartment.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) With Harry Falk.
15. What is one of the first things Duke did after marrying Harry Falk?
(a) Go for a drink in her father's neighborhood bar.
(b) Have an anxiety attack.
(c) Collect her savings bond money.
(d) She went to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
2. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
3. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
4. What did Harry Falk promise Duke about Mount Sinai hospital when he wanted her to go there?
5. What did Duke do for Gene Kirkland in Chapter 22?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)