|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
2. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
3. Who sent Duke flowers with a note that Harry Falk found in Chapter 21?
(a) Lucky Lewis.
(b) Frank Sinatra, Jr.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Sandy Smith.
4. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
(a) They were very colorful.
(b) They never fit right.
(c) They were not sophisticated.
(d) They were too tight.
5. What does Duke wish she could have done for John Astin's children?
(a) Given them more material things.
(b) Found them good jobs.
(c) Been a better mother to them.
(d) Paid for their college education.
6. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
(a) She hated shopping.
(b) She had herpes.
(c) She had lost the award.
(d) She was pregnant.
7. Why did Duke have an urge to punch an old lady in Chapter 30?
(a) She sided with John Astin against ear-piercing.
(b) The woman was eavesdropping.
(c) She spilled her tea on Duke.
(d) She did not recognize Duke and John Astin.
8. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
(a) She slipped in the shower.
(b) She had an out-of-body experience.
(c) Her singing had been recorded.
(d) She was admitted to a pyschiatric hospital again.
9. Where did Duke spend her last two years of elementary school?
(a) Willard Mace.
(b) Quintano School.
(c) Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary.
(d) Los Angeles Elementary.
10. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
(a) She would get him fired.
(b) She was going to marry him one day.
(c) She thought he was too full of himself.
(d) She hated him.
11. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
(b) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(c) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
(d) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
12. What are the Doheny Towers?
(a) The TV studio in Los Angeles.
(b) Duke's mother's apartment house.
(c) The apartment building Duke moved into.
(d) The place Harry Falk lived in on Fire Island.
13. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
(a) Traveling to both coasts.
(b) Motel room dates.
(c) Phone calls and letters.
(d) Dances and parties.
14. Where did Duke and the other stars of Valley of the Dolls promote the film?
(a) On a cruise ship.
(b) At Macy's department store.
(c) In Hollywood.
(d) In a New York hotel.
15. How old was Duke when she married Harry Falk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
2. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
3. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
4. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
5. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)