|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
(c) She wanted it to be smaller.
(d) She adored it.
2. What film, after The Miracle Worker, did Duke make with director Fred Coe?
(a) The Valley of the Dolls.
(b) My Sweet Charlie.
(c) Me. Natalie.
(d) Isle of Children.
3. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
(c) Track and field.
(d) Playing guitar.
4. In Chapter 29, what would John Astin's teen son, David, do sometimes at two in the morning?
(a) Watch television movies.
(b) Play electric guitar.
(c) Sneak out of the house.
(d) Bring home friends and cook steaks.
5. What was Duke drinking during a lunch break on the set of Me, Natalie that upset Fred Coe so much?
(a) Diet Coke.
(c) Tomato Juice.
6. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) To Sir With Love.
7. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
(a) They were not sophisticated.
(b) They never fit right.
(c) They were very colorful.
(d) They were too tight.
8. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) Dress shopping.
(c) To a baby shower.
(d) To a psychiatric hospital.
9. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
(a) She was admitted to a pyschiatric hospital again.
(b) Her singing had been recorded.
(c) She had an out-of-body experience.
(d) She slipped in the shower.
10. What was found in Duke's closet in Port Bolivar?
(b) Her diary.
(c) Filthy clothes.
(d) Diet pills.
11. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
(b) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(c) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
(d) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
12. How did Duke meet her second husband, Michael Tell?
(a) He was her doctor.
(b) She sublet him her apartment.
(c) At a party.
(d) They were in "The Paisley Convertible" together.
13. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To write his novel.
(b) To get a good rest.
(c) To attempt suicide.
(d) To take a vacation.
14. What did Duke want to do with the Emmy she won in 1970?
(a) Encase it in glass.
(b) Give it to Al Freeman, jr.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Give it back.
15. Where did Duke spend her last two years of elementary school?
(a) Willard Mace.
(b) Quintano School.
(c) Los Angeles Elementary.
(d) Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
2. Who was Joanna Barnes?
3. What was Harry Falk hiding from Duke in Los Angeles?
4. What did Duke's managers, Irwin and Stich, do in Chapter 30?
5. In 1974, what did John Astin's children from his first marriage want Duke to do?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)