|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
(a) They never fit right.
(b) They were not sophisticated.
(c) They were too tight.
(d) They were very colorful.
2. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
(a) At her mother's apartment.
(b) On the set.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) With Harry Falk.
3. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
(a) Coffee spilled on Harry Falk's clothing.
(b) The car broke down.
(c) They were in a car accident.
(d) Duke was late getting dressed.
4. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
(a) Dustin Hoffman.
(b) Al Pacino.
(c) Peter Lawford.
(d) Woody Allen.
5. What did Liza Minnelli lend to Duke during her Academy Awards rehearsal?
(b) A wrap.
6. Who was Joanna Barnes?
(a) An artist.
(b) An art gallery dealer.
(c) A friend of Harry Falk.
(d) A real estate agent.
7. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
(a) During the first read-through.
(b) In her hotel room.
(c) At the wrap party.
(d) On the ferry.
8. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
(b) Playing guitar.
(d) Track and field.
9. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
(a) She told Ethel Ross off, fiercely.
(b) She wanted to bury the hatchet.
(c) She wanted to send the woman money.
(d) She intended to sue her.
10. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
(a) Dances and parties.
(b) Motel room dates.
(c) Traveling to both coasts.
(d) Phone calls and letters.
11. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
(a) In her apartment.
(b) In Westwood Psychiatric Hospital.
(c) In the studio where she'd done The Patty Duke Show.
(d) On Fire Island.
12. Why did Duke and John Astin begin their five-year stint as touring stage actors?
(a) They wanted to travel.
(b) They were both too old for film.
(c) They loved the theater so much.
(d) They needed the money.
13. What did Duke want to do with the Emmy she won in 1970?
(a) Encase it in glass.
(b) Give it to Al Freeman, jr.
(c) Give it back.
(d) Donate it to charity.
14. What was The Westwood?
(a) A movie studio.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) An apartment building.
(d) A psychiatric hospital.
15. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) Arthur Penn hated her.
(b) She failed the audition.
(c) She never found out.
(d) She had gotten too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
2. In Chapter 29, what would John Astin's teen son, David, do sometimes at two in the morning?
3. What are the Doheny Towers?
4. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
5. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)