|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) To spite John Astin.
(b) The man was wealthy.
(c) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(d) She was in love.
2. Who did Duke end up living with for weeks in Los Angeles, in Chapter 22?
(a) Sandy Smith.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Harry Falk.
3. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) She never found out.
(b) Arthur Penn hated her.
(c) She failed the audition.
(d) She had gotten too old.
4. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
(a) In the closet at school.
(b) On a bus with a young actor.
(c) In the Ross's bathroom.
(d) On the set of her show.
5. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
(a) Jack Kennedy.
(b) Eugene McCarthy.
(c) Bobby Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
6. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Losing her mind.
(b) Taking hard drugs.
(c) Getting remarried.
(d) Quitting the acting business.
7. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
(b) Nasty to everyone.
(d) A doper.
8. Where had Harry Falk been while Duke was desperately trying to contact him in Chapter 21?
(a) Sandy Smith's house.
(b) The Playboy Mansion.
(c) The Sherry Netherland Hotel.
(d) The Hilton Hotel.
9. Which television series did Harry Falk leave The Patty Duke Show to work on?
(a) The Untouchables.
(b) The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
(c) East Side, West Side.
(d) Happy Days.
10. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
(a) She intended to sue her.
(b) She told Ethel Ross off, fiercely.
(c) She wanted to bury the hatchet.
(d) She wanted to send the woman money.
11. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
(a) Peter Lawford.
(b) Woody Allen.
(c) Al Pacino.
(d) Dustin Hoffman.
12. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
13. How old was Desi Arnaz, Jr. when Duke met him?
14. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
(a) Pat Duke.
(b) Marie Duke.
(c) Pat Falk.
(d) Anna Marie Duke.
15. In which year was the final episode of The Patty Duke Show filmed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
2. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
3. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
4. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
5. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)