|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry Falk promise Duke about Mount Sinai hospital when he wanted her to go there?
(a) She would be fine in a week.
(b) Her mother was also there.
(c) It was just like a regular hospital.
(d) He would be in there with her.
2. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) She had gotten too old.
(b) She never found out.
(c) She failed the audition.
(d) Arthur Penn hated her.
3. What was Harry Falk convinced that Duke had done in Chapter 21?
(a) Spied on him.
(b) Had an affair.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Sent herself flowers.
4. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
(a) She wanted to bury the hatchet.
(b) She intended to sue her.
(c) She wanted to send the woman money.
(d) She told Ethel Ross off, fiercely.
5. In Chapter 29, what would John Astin's teen son, David, do sometimes at two in the morning?
(a) Play electric guitar.
(b) Bring home friends and cook steaks.
(c) Sneak out of the house.
(d) Watch television movies.
6. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
(b) They locked away her clothing.
(c) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(d) They separated her from Harry Falk.
7. What did Duke want to do with the Emmy she won in 1970?
(a) Donate it to charity.
(b) Give it to Al Freeman, jr.
(c) Encase it in glass.
(d) Give it back.
8. What did John Ross apologize about in a letter to Duke in Chapter 15?
(a) Not letting her date boys.
(b) Keeping her money.
(c) Not allowing her to grow up.
(d) Molesting her.
9. What are the Doheny Towers?
(a) The apartment building Duke moved into.
(b) Duke's mother's apartment house.
(c) The TV studio in Los Angeles.
(d) The place Harry Falk lived in on Fire Island.
10. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
(a) Gone With the Wind.
(b) To Sir With Love.
(c) In Cold Blood.
11. What arrangements did Duke forget to make for the morning of her wedding in Chapter 18?
(a) Music for the reception.
(b) To be driven to the ceremony.
(c) Flowers for the ceremony.
(d) A reception.
12. In which year was the final episode of The Patty Duke Show filmed?
13. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) The man was wealthy.
(b) She was in love.
(c) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(d) To spite John Astin.
14. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) They had locked Duke in a closet.
(b) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
(c) They let Ethel's mother die.
(d) A fire erupted in the apartment.
15. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To get a good rest.
(b) To write his novel.
(c) To attempt suicide.
(d) To take a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke spend her last two years of elementary school?
2. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
3. What was Harry Falk hiding from Duke in Los Angeles?
4. How did Duke meet her second husband, Michael Tell?
5. What was Duke drinking during a lunch break on the set of Me, Natalie that upset Fred Coe so much?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)