|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Desi Arnaz, Jr. when Duke met him?
2. Where is Port Bolivar, the place where "My Sweet Charlie" was filmed?
(a) Outside of Houston, Texas.
(b) In Spain.
(c) Near Galveston, Texas.
3. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) Arthur Penn hated her.
(b) She failed the audition.
(c) She never found out.
(d) She had gotten too old.
4. What happened on February 2, 1963, in Chapter 15?
(a) The Rosses adopted Duke.
(b) Ethel Ross died.
(c) Mrs. Duke was declared incompetent.
(d) Mr. Duke died.
5. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
6. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
(a) In the Ross's bathroom.
(b) In the closet at school.
(c) On the set of her show.
(d) On a bus with a young actor.
7. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To get a good rest.
(c) To write his novel.
(d) To attempt suicide.
8. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Sharon Tate.
(c) Liza Minnelli.
(d) Patty Duke.
9. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
(a) John Astin.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Ethel Ross.
(d) Her manager.
10. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Taking hard drugs.
(b) Losing her mind.
(c) Getting remarried.
(d) Quitting the acting business.
11. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She wanted it to be smaller.
(b) She adored it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
12. How old was Duke when she married Harry Falk?
13. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
(a) Harry Falk.
(b) Joey Trent.
(c) Patricia Neal.
(d) Arthur Penn.
14. Where did the Rosses take a vacation with Duke, bringing along Harry Falk?
(c) The Virgin Islands.
15. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) The man was wealthy.
(b) To spite John Astin.
(c) She was in love.
(d) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Ross apologize about in a letter to Duke in Chapter 15?
2. Where had Harry Falk been while Duke was desperately trying to contact him in Chapter 21?
3. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
4. Where did Duke and the other stars of Valley of the Dolls promote the film?
5. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)