|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) They had locked Duke in a closet.
(b) A fire erupted in the apartment.
(c) They let Ethel's mother die.
(d) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
2. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
(a) Play a round of poker.
(b) Have a drink on him.
(c) Join his table.
(d) Be in his next film.
3. What did Duke's managers, Irwin and Stich, do in Chapter 30?
(a) Got her a role in a number one movie.
(b) Let her pass the Writers Guild picket lines.
(c) Broke up her marriage to John Astin.
(d) Embezzled her money.
4. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) She never found out.
(b) She had gotten too old.
(c) Arthur Penn hated her.
(d) She failed the audition.
5. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) They locked away her clothing.
(b) They separated her from Harry Falk.
(c) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(d) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
6. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
(a) Joey Trent.
(b) Arthur Penn.
(c) Harry Falk.
(d) Patricia Neal.
7. What did Duke want to do with the Emmy she won in 1970?
(a) Give it back.
(b) Give it to Al Freeman, jr.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Encase it in glass.
8. What was Harry Falk hiding from Duke in Los Angeles?
(a) Another woman.
(b) Her money from the Rosses.
(c) Commitment papers.
(d) Another acting role.
9. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
(c) Playing guitar.
(d) Track and field.
10. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
(a) She is jealous of them.
(b) She adores them.
(c) She cannot stand them.
(d) She believes they are intrusive.
11. What happened to Duke right after The Patty Duke Show series ended in Chapter 19?
(a) She became catatonic.
(b) She got pregnant.
(c) She went into a major depression.
(d) She enrolled in an acting school.
12. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
(a) Ethel Ross.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her manager.
(d) John Astin.
13. What did Liza Minnelli lend to Duke during her Academy Awards rehearsal?
(a) A wrap.
14. Where did the Rosses take a vacation with Duke, bringing along Harry Falk?
(b) The Virgin Islands.
15. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
(a) She was admitted to a pyschiatric hospital again.
(b) She slipped in the shower.
(c) Her singing had been recorded.
(d) She had an out-of-body experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
2. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
3. In Chapter 29, what would John Astin's teen son, David, do sometimes at two in the morning?
4. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
5. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)