|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Losing her mind.
(b) Quitting the acting business.
(c) Getting remarried.
(d) Taking hard drugs.
2. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) She had gotten too old.
(b) Arthur Penn hated her.
(c) She failed the audition.
(d) She never found out.
3. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
(b) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
(c) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(d) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
4. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
(b) Nasty to everyone.
(d) A doper.
5. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
(a) Her singing had been recorded.
(b) She had an out-of-body experience.
(c) She slipped in the shower.
(d) She was admitted to a pyschiatric hospital again.
6. What did Harry Falk promise Duke about Mount Sinai hospital when he wanted her to go there?
(a) Her mother was also there.
(b) She would be fine in a week.
(c) He would be in there with her.
(d) It was just like a regular hospital.
7. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(b) To spite John Astin.
(c) She was in love.
(d) The man was wealthy.
8. Who was Joanna Barnes?
(a) A friend of Harry Falk.
(b) An artist.
(c) A real estate agent.
(d) An art gallery dealer.
9. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
(a) In her hotel room.
(b) At the wrap party.
(c) On the ferry.
(d) During the first read-through.
10. What happened on February 2, 1963, in Chapter 15?
(a) Mr. Duke died.
(b) Mrs. Duke was declared incompetent.
(c) Ethel Ross died.
(d) The Rosses adopted Duke.
11. What are the Doheny Towers?
(a) The apartment building Duke moved into.
(b) The TV studio in Los Angeles.
(c) Duke's mother's apartment house.
(d) The place Harry Falk lived in on Fire Island.
12. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
(a) They were very colorful.
(b) They never fit right.
(c) They were not sophisticated.
(d) They were too tight.
13. What did Duke's managers, Irwin and Stich, do in Chapter 30?
(a) Got her a role in a number one movie.
(b) Broke up her marriage to John Astin.
(c) Embezzled her money.
(d) Let her pass the Writers Guild picket lines.
14. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
(b) Track and field.
(d) Playing guitar.
15. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
2. How old was Desi Arnaz, Jr. when Duke met him?
3. What was Duke drinking during a lunch break on the set of Me, Natalie that upset Fred Coe so much?
4. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
5. Who sent Duke flowers with a note that Harry Falk found in Chapter 21?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)