|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Losing her mind.
(b) Taking hard drugs.
(c) Quitting the acting business.
(d) Getting remarried.
2. What restriction did Ethel Ross place on Duke during John Ross's funeral?
(a) She had to wear a certain dress.
(b) She must bring her Oscar.
(c) She had to be on her own.
(d) She could not wear black.
3. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To get a good rest.
(b) To attempt suicide.
(c) To write his novel.
(d) To take a vacation.
4. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) The man was wealthy.
(b) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(c) To spite John Astin.
(d) She was in love.
5. Whose primary campaign for the Presidency was Duke involved with during the filming of Me, Natalie?
(a) Jack Kennedy.
(b) Eugene McCarthy.
(c) Bobby Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
6. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
(a) They were too tight.
(b) They were not sophisticated.
(c) They never fit right.
(d) They were very colorful.
7. Where did the Rosses take a vacation with Duke, bringing along Harry Falk?
(b) The Virgin Islands.
8. What did the inside of Harry Falk's coffee cup say in Chapter 18?
(b) Love of My Life.
(c) Forget Me Not.
(d) Light, No Sugar.
9. Where had Harry Falk been while Duke was desperately trying to contact him in Chapter 21?
(a) Sandy Smith's house.
(b) The Playboy Mansion.
(c) The Hilton Hotel.
(d) The Sherry Netherland Hotel.
10. What was Duke drinking during a lunch break on the set of Me, Natalie that upset Fred Coe so much?
(b) Tomato Juice.
(d) Diet Coke.
11. What did Liza Minnelli lend to Duke during her Academy Awards rehearsal?
(a) A wrap.
12. What film, after The Miracle Worker, did Duke make with director Fred Coe?
(a) The Valley of the Dolls.
(b) Me. Natalie.
(c) Isle of Children.
(d) My Sweet Charlie.
13. What happened on February 2, 1963, in Chapter 15?
(a) Mr. Duke died.
(b) The Rosses adopted Duke.
(c) Ethel Ross died.
(d) Mrs. Duke was declared incompetent.
14. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) They locked away her clothing.
(b) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(c) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
(d) They separated her from Harry Falk.
15. What did Duke's managers, Irwin and Stich, do in Chapter 30?
(a) Broke up her marriage to John Astin.
(b) Let her pass the Writers Guild picket lines.
(c) Got her a role in a number one movie.
(d) Embezzled her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
2. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
3. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
4. How did Duke meet her second husband, Michael Tell?
5. In 1974, what did John Astin's children from his first marriage want Duke to do?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)