|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
(a) Peter Lawford.
(b) Woody Allen.
(c) Al Pacino.
(d) Dustin Hoffman.
2. Why did Duke have an urge to punch an old lady in Chapter 30?
(a) She spilled her tea on Duke.
(b) She did not recognize Duke and John Astin.
(c) The woman was eavesdropping.
(d) She sided with John Astin against ear-piercing.
3. Where did the Rosses take a vacation with Duke, bringing along Harry Falk?
(d) The Virgin Islands.
4. What does Duke wish she could have done for John Astin's children?
(a) Found them good jobs.
(b) Given them more material things.
(c) Paid for their college education.
(d) Been a better mother to them.
5. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) They locked away her clothing.
(b) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(c) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
(d) They separated her from Harry Falk.
6. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) They let Ethel's mother die.
(b) They had locked Duke in a closet.
(c) A fire erupted in the apartment.
(d) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
7. Who was Joanna Barnes?
(a) An artist.
(b) A friend of Harry Falk.
(c) An art gallery dealer.
(d) A real estate agent.
8. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To get a good rest.
(b) To write his novel.
(c) To attempt suicide.
(d) To take a vacation.
9. How old was Duke when she married Harry Falk?
10. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) She never found out.
(b) She had gotten too old.
(c) She failed the audition.
(d) Arthur Penn hated her.
11. What did Duke's managers, Irwin and Stich, do in Chapter 30?
(a) Embezzled her money.
(b) Broke up her marriage to John Astin.
(c) Let her pass the Writers Guild picket lines.
(d) Got her a role in a number one movie.
12. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
(b) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(c) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
(d) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
13. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
(a) She adores them.
(b) She believes they are intrusive.
(c) She is jealous of them.
(d) She cannot stand them.
14. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
(a) She thought he was too full of himself.
(b) She would get him fired.
(c) She was going to marry him one day.
(d) She hated him.
15. How old was Desi Arnaz, Jr. when Duke met him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
2. What happened on February 2, 1963, in Chapter 15?
3. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
4. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
5. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)