|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(b) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
(c) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
(d) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
2. What is one of the first things Duke did after marrying Harry Falk?
(a) Go for a drink in her father's neighborhood bar.
(b) Collect her savings bond money.
(c) She went to work.
(d) Have an anxiety attack.
3. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) They let Ethel's mother die.
(b) They had locked Duke in a closet.
(c) A fire erupted in the apartment.
(d) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
4. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) She was in love.
(b) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(c) To spite John Astin.
(d) The man was wealthy.
5. What was Harry Falk convinced that Duke had done in Chapter 21?
(a) Had an affair.
(b) Spied on him.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Sent herself flowers.
6. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
(a) She attempted suicide.
(b) Her father died.
(c) Gramma Howe died.
(d) John Ross was in a hospital.
7. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
(a) On the set of her show.
(b) On a bus with a young actor.
(c) In the closet at school.
(d) In the Ross's bathroom.
8. Which television series did Harry Falk leave The Patty Duke Show to work on?
(a) The Untouchables.
(b) East Side, West Side.
(c) Happy Days.
(d) The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
9. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
(a) Have a drink on him.
(b) Join his table.
(c) Play a round of poker.
(d) Be in his next film.
10. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
(a) Phone calls and letters.
(b) Dances and parties.
(c) Motel room dates.
(d) Traveling to both coasts.
11. What arrangements did Duke forget to make for the morning of her wedding in Chapter 18?
(a) A reception.
(b) To be driven to the ceremony.
(c) Flowers for the ceremony.
(d) Music for the reception.
12. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
(a) She is jealous of them.
(b) She adores them.
(c) She cannot stand them.
(d) She believes they are intrusive.
13. What was The Westwood?
(a) A movie studio.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) A psychiatric hospital.
(d) An apartment building.
14. What did Duke do for Gene Kirkland in Chapter 22?
(a) Co-signed a car lease.
(b) Found him a job.
(c) Married him.
(d) Bought him a television.
15. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
2. What did Harry Falk promise Duke about Mount Sinai hospital when he wanted her to go there?
3. What did the inside of Harry Falk's coffee cup say in Chapter 18?
4. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
5. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)