|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke tutored in to make the movie musical "Billie" in 1964?
(c) Playing guitar.
(d) Track and field.
2. What was Harry Falk convinced that Duke had done in Chapter 21?
(a) Spied on him.
(b) Had an affair.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Sent herself flowers.
3. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
(a) Pat Duke.
(b) Pat Falk.
(c) Marie Duke.
(d) Anna Marie Duke.
4. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She wanted it to be smaller.
(b) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She adored it.
5. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
(a) They never fit right.
(b) They were very colorful.
(c) They were too tight.
(d) They were not sophisticated.
6. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
(a) At her mother's apartment.
(b) On the set.
(c) With Harry Falk.
(d) In Los Angeles.
7. What restriction did Ethel Ross place on Duke during John Ross's funeral?
(a) She had to wear a certain dress.
(b) She could not wear black.
(c) She had to be on her own.
(d) She must bring her Oscar.
8. Why did Duke and John Astin begin their five-year stint as touring stage actors?
(a) They needed the money.
(b) They were both too old for film.
(c) They wanted to travel.
(d) They loved the theater so much.
9. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
(a) A doper.
(b) Nasty to everyone.
10. How old was Desi Arnaz, Jr. when Duke met him?
11. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
(a) To spite John Astin.
(b) Perhaps because she was pregnant.
(c) She was in love.
(d) The man was wealthy.
12. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
(a) On a bus with a young actor.
(b) In the closet at school.
(c) In the Ross's bathroom.
(d) On the set of her show.
13. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
(a) Ethel Senior.
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(c) Gramma Howe.
14. What did Bob Banner, the producer of "My Sweet Charlie" tell Duke, confidentially, in Chapter 23?
(a) The producer had run out of money.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) Al Freeman, Jr. would be fired.
(d) Someone on set was involved with drugs.
15. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
(a) She was admitted to a pyschiatric hospital again.
(b) She slipped in the shower.
(c) Her singing had been recorded.
(d) She had an out-of-body experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Duke have trouble with Al Freeman, Jr. while doing "My Sweet Charlie"?
2. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
3. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
4. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
5. What did Harry Falk promise Duke about Mount Sinai hospital when he wanted her to go there?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)