|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
(a) Be in his next film.
(b) Have a drink on him.
(c) Join his table.
(d) Play a round of poker.
2. What happened to Duke right after The Patty Duke Show series ended in Chapter 19?
(a) She enrolled in an acting school.
(b) She went into a major depression.
(c) She became catatonic.
(d) She got pregnant.
3. What did Liza Minnelli lend to Duke during her Academy Awards rehearsal?
(a) A wrap.
4. What did the inside of Harry Falk's coffee cup say in Chapter 18?
(a) Forget Me Not.
(b) Love of My Life.
(d) Light, No Sugar.
5. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
(b) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(c) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
(d) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
6. Where did Duke spend her last two years of elementary school?
(a) Willard Mace.
(b) Quintano School.
(c) Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary.
(d) Los Angeles Elementary.
7. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She wanted it to be smaller.
(c) She adored it.
(d) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
8. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
(a) John Ross was in a hospital.
(b) She attempted suicide.
(c) Gramma Howe died.
(d) Her father died.
9. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
(a) Her manager.
(b) Ethel Ross.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Her mother.
10. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
(a) She thought he was too full of himself.
(b) She was going to marry him one day.
(c) She hated him.
(d) She would get him fired.
11. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
(a) Arthur Penn.
(b) Harry Falk.
(c) Joey Trent.
(d) Patricia Neal.
12. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
13. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
14. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
(b) In Cold Blood.
(c) Gone With the Wind.
(d) To Sir With Love.
15. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
(a) Dustin Hoffman.
(b) Al Pacino.
(c) Woody Allen.
(d) Peter Lawford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
2. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
3. What are the Doheny Towers?
4. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
5. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)