|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
(a) They were in a car accident.
(b) The car broke down.
(c) Duke was late getting dressed.
(d) Coffee spilled on Harry Falk's clothing.
2. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Sharon Tate.
(c) Liza Minnelli.
(d) Patty Duke.
3. Who was Joanna Barnes?
(a) An artist.
(b) A friend of Harry Falk.
(c) A real estate agent.
(d) An art gallery dealer.
4. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
(a) The family dog.
(b) Duke's housekeeper.
(c) Duke's new step-daughter.
(d) John Astin's ex-wife.
5. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
6. In 1974, what did John Astin's children from his first marriage want Duke to do?
(a) Adopt them.
(b) Leave their father.
(c) Stay home more.
(d) Quit acting.
7. How old was Desi Arnaz, Jr. when Duke met him?
8. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
(a) Ethel Senior.
(b) Gramma Howe.
(d) Mrs. Ross.
9. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
(a) Al Pacino.
(b) Dustin Hoffman.
(c) Woody Allen.
(d) Peter Lawford.
10. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She would get him fired.
(c) She was going to marry him one day.
(d) She thought he was too full of himself.
11. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
(a) Astin was questioning Irwin's financial prowess.
(b) Irwin was jealous that he did not have Astin's business, too.
(c) Irwin had a crush on Duke.
(d) Because Astin was a big problem for Duke.
12. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
13. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
14. How did Duke like the house she and John Astin lived in with their five kids?
(a) She adored it.
(b) She wished the basement did not flood so much.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She wanted it to be smaller.
15. What did Frank Sinatra invite Duke to do at Stefanino's restaurant?
(a) Have a drink on him.
(b) Join his table.
(c) Play a round of poker.
(d) Be in his next film.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
2. What did Harry Falk promise Duke about Mount Sinai hospital when he wanted her to go there?
3. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
4. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
5. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)