|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Push him off stage.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Give him hugs.
(d) Beat up on him.
2. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
(a) Acting as parents.
(c) Being nuns.
3. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
(c) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Puerto Rico.
4. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(b) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(d) The Booth Theater closed down.
5. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) John Ross.
(c) Ethel Ross.
(d) Mrs. Duke.
6. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
7. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
(a) Duke's best friend.
(b) Duke's twin cousin.
(c) Duke's mother.
(d) She had no role; she was the producer.
8. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
9. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
(a) Color film.
10. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
(a) Helen Hayes.
(b) Julie Harris.
(c) Anne Bancroft.
(d) Laurence Olivier.
11. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
12. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He was getting too close to Duke.
(b) He was not a good director.
(c) He abused Duke.
(d) He was always late to the set.
13. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Tripped her onstage.
(b) Made her sick.
(c) Let her go on.
(d) Ripped her clothes off.
14. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(b) Money she would beg for from strangers.
(c) A hot meal for home.
(d) Money from her father.
15. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(a) Serve cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which scene in the movie was the most exhausting for everyone to film?
2. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
3. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
4. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
5. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)