|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
(b) Puerto Rico.
(c) The Virgin Islands.
2. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
3. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(c) Coca Cola.
(d) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
4. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) In the Seven Woods.
(b) The Story of My Life.
(c) Helen Keller's Life.
(d) The Land of Little Rain.
5. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
6. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(c) Braiding hair.
7. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) The Ross's.
(b) Duke's grandfather.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Duke's family.
8. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) The loss of her father.
(b) Her fame.
(c) Taking drugs.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
9. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(b) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
(c) He was Duke's real father.
(d) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
10. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
(a) They did not want to get up that early.
(b) They had someone follow Duke.
(c) They were ready to let her branch off on her own.
(d) They felt she was independent enough.
11. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
(a) She had joined the army.
(b) She was directing a film.
(c) Her son was in the army.
(d) To prepare for a TV movie.
12. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) It would burn down.
(b) Her mother tipped it over.
(c) Her father threw it out the window.
(d) Someone would steal it.
13. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Norma Crane.
(b) Blue Eyes Open.
(c) Isle of Children.
(d) A Chinese Play.
14. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
15. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
(b) The Rosses cut it.
(c) She wore it down.
(d) She dyed it blond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
2. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
3. What was John Ross's real last name?
4. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
5. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)