|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(c) The Virgin Islands.
2. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Maria Ann.
(b) Anne Marie.
(c) Patricia Ann.
(d) Anna Marie.
3. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
4. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Beat up on him.
(b) Give him hugs.
(c) Push him off stage.
(d) Kiss him.
5. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
(d) Script writer.
6. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
(a) They felt she was independent enough.
(b) They did not want to get up that early.
(c) They were ready to let her branch off on her own.
(d) They had someone follow Duke.
7. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
(b) Acting as parents.
(c) Being nuns.
8. What was John Ross's real last name?
9. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
(b) Acting roles.
(c) Media interviews.
(d) Academic tests.
10. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
(a) To make sure their ceiling did not leak.
(b) To smoke cigarettes.
(c) She considered jumping.
(d) To see what her kids were doing in the streets.
11. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) The Bad Seed.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
12. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Help me.
(c) Please, in a whisper.
(d) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
13. By what name does Duke refer to the Rosses in Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Jack the Ripper.
(b) Bonnie and Clyde.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Adolf Hitler.
(d) The Billy-the-Kid gang.
14. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) Scroungy bit it.
(b) It got caught in the door.
(c) It got stuck in the washing machine.
(d) She sprained it hitting Patty.
15. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) A Chinese Play.
(b) Blue Eyes Open.
(c) Isle of Children.
(d) Norma Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
2. Who was Bambi?
3. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
4. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
5. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)