|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what illness was Duke diagnosed in 1982?
(d) Social anxiety.
2. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
3. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) John Ross.
(c) Mrs. Duke.
(d) Ethel Ross.
4. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(c) Coca Cola.
5. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) Money she would beg for from strangers.
(c) A hot meal for home.
(d) Money from her father.
6. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
(c) Christian Scientist.
7. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Help me.
(b) Please, in a whisper.
(c) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
8. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Give him hugs.
(c) Beat up on him.
(d) Push him off stage.
9. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Grace Kelly.
(b) Lana Turner.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Audrey Hepburn.
10. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) Duke's audience.
(b) Duke, herself.
(c) Duke's father.
(d) The Rosses.
11. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) It got caught in the door.
(b) She sprained it hitting Patty.
(c) It got stuck in the washing machine.
(d) Scroungy bit it.
12. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The 59th Street Bridge.
(b) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(c) The Triborough Bridge.
(d) The George Washington Bridge.
13. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
(a) The church.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) The local deli.
(d) A neighborhood bar.
14. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her pride in herself.
(b) Her two-inch heels.
(c) The money she was making.
(d) Her age.
15. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
(c) Script writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
2. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
3. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
4. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
5. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)