|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(b) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) The Music Man.
2. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(a) Braiding hair.
3. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
4. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(a) Truck drivers.
(c) Drug addicts.
5. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Blue Eyes Open.
(b) Isle of Children.
(c) A Chinese Play.
(d) Norma Crane.
6. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
(a) Ran out the door.
(b) Called the police.
(c) Smacked him in the face.
(d) Threw up on him.
7. Which scene in the movie was the most exhausting for everyone to film?
(a) The meeting of Annie.
(b) The tantrum scene.
(c) Helen begging for food.
(d) The miracle scene.
8. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
(a) John Mortimer.
(b) Arthur Penn.
(c) Walter Miller.
(d) Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
9. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
10. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
(a) The Six Million Dollar Man.
(b) Happy Days.
(c) Wonder Woman.
(d) Matt Lincoln, M.D.
11. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Driving a taxi cab.
(b) Waiting tables.
(c) Shining shoes.
(d) Selling newspapers.
12. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
(a) She had a high fever.
(b) She cut her forehead.
(c) She broker her leg.
(d) She broke her arm.
13. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(d) The Bible.
14. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Irish funerals.
(c) Her brother, Ray.
(d) Her mother.
15. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
(a) Ben Gazzara.
(b) Huntz Hall.
(c) The Rosses.
(d) Ray Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
2. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
3. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
4. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
5. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)