|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
(b) Please, in a whisper.
(c) Help me.
2. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Lana Turner.
(b) Grace Kelly.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
3. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) It got stuck in the washing machine.
(b) She sprained it hitting Patty.
(c) It got caught in the door.
(d) Scroungy bit it.
4. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Taking drugs.
(c) The loss of her father.
(d) Her fame.
5. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
(a) She had no role; she was the producer.
(b) Duke's mother.
(c) Duke's best friend.
(d) Duke's twin cousin.
6. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
(b) Extemely funny.
(d) Inappropriately sexual.
7. Who was Bambi?
(a) A pet deer of Duke's.
(b) The Ross's dog.
(c) Mrs. Duke's pet name for her daughter.
(d) Duke's favorite doll.
8. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Push him off stage.
(b) Give him hugs.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Beat up on him.
9. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Tripped her onstage.
(b) Let her go on.
(c) Made her sick.
(d) Ripped her clothes off.
10. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A soap opera.
(b) A variety show.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A quiz show.
11. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(d) Braiding hair.
12. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
(b) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(c) He was Duke's real father.
(d) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
13. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
(a) Acting roles.
(b) Media interviews.
(d) Academic tests.
14. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Taken drugs.
(b) Flew on an airplane.
(c) Consumed alcohol.
(d) Smoked cigarettes.
15. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(a) Drug addicts.
(c) Truck drivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
2. By what name does Duke refer to the Rosses in Chapter 12?
3. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
4. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
5. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)