|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Isle of Children.
(b) Blue Eyes Open.
(c) A Chinese Play.
(d) Norma Crane.
2. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The 59th Street Bridge.
(b) The George Washington Bridge.
(c) The Triborough Bridge.
(d) The Brooklyn Bridge.
3. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(b) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(c) The Booth Theater closed down.
(d) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
4. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A soap opera.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A quiz show.
(d) A variety show.
5. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
6. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Please, in a whisper.
(b) Help me.
(d) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
7. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
8. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
9. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(b) John Ross.
(c) Mrs. Duke.
(d) Ethel Ross.
10. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(b) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(c) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(d) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
11. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
(a) Her Emmy award.
(b) Her lunch.
(c) His Mickey Mouse clock.
(d) Paper clips.
12. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
13. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
(a) Walter Miller.
(b) Arthur Penn.
(c) John Mortimer.
(d) Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
14. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
15. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
(b) She dyed it blond.
(c) She wore it down.
(d) The Rosses cut it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
2. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
3. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
4. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
5. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)