|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
(a) The film, "I'll Cry Tomorrow."
(b) A Christmastime commercial.
(c) The movie, "The Stepford Wives."
(d) A documentary for wayward children.
2. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Irish funerals.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother, Ray.
3. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
(a) Being nuns.
(d) Acting as parents.
4. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) Scroungy bit it.
(b) It got stuck in the washing machine.
(c) She sprained it hitting Patty.
(d) It got caught in the door.
5. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
(a) Script writer.
6. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He wasn't very tall.
(c) He had no skills.
(d) He hadn't gone to high school.
7. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
8. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
9. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He was always late to the set.
(b) He was getting too close to Duke.
(c) He was not a good director.
(d) He abused Duke.
10. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Norma Crane.
(b) A Chinese Play.
(c) Isle of Children.
(d) Blue Eyes Open.
11. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Ripped her clothes off.
(b) Made her sick.
(c) Tripped her onstage.
(d) Let her go on.
12. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Anna Marie.
(b) Patricia Ann.
(c) Maria Ann.
(d) Anne Marie.
13. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
14. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
(a) Walter Miller.
(b) Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
(c) Arthur Penn.
(d) John Mortimer.
15. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(c) Coca Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
2. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
3. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
4. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
5. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)