|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
2. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Easter Sunday.
3. What did Bill Schallert very often pretend to be around Duke?
(a) Not very bright.
(b) Her father.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A woman.
4. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She waited tables.
(c) She was a dancer.
(d) She sang.
5. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
6. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) She broker her leg.
(c) She cut her forehead.
(d) She had a high fever.
7. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her pride in herself.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her two-inch heels.
(d) The money she was making.
8. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) Duke's grandfather.
(b) John Astin.
(c) Duke's family.
(d) The Ross's.
9. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Maria Ann.
(b) Anne Marie.
(c) Anna Marie.
(d) Patricia Ann.
10. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
(b) Help me.
(c) Please, in a whisper.
11. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
(b) Allergy medicine.
12. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Shining shoes.
(b) Waiting tables.
(c) Driving a taxi cab.
(d) Selling newspapers.
13. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) John Ross.
(b) Ethel Ross.
(c) Mrs. Duke.
14. What was John Ross's real last name?
15. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
(a) The Miracle Worker.
(b) The Glass Menagerie.
(c) Our Town.
(d) The Bad Seed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
2. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
3. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
4. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
5. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)