|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Isle of Children.
(b) Norma Crane.
(c) Blue Eyes Open.
(d) A Chinese Play.
2. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) John Astin.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Sir Laurence Olivier.
(d) Her father.
3. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
4. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Smacked him in the face.
(c) Threw up on him.
(d) Ran out the door.
5. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
(c) Color film.
6. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Shining shoes.
(c) Selling newspapers.
(d) Driving a taxi cab.
7. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
(a) To see what her kids were doing in the streets.
(b) She considered jumping.
(c) To make sure their ceiling did not leak.
(d) To smoke cigarettes.
8. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
(a) "Good girl!"
(b) "You're the best."
(c) "Great day!"
(d) "Love ya!"
9. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He was Duke's real father.
(b) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(c) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
(d) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
10. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) Duke, herself.
(b) Duke's father.
(c) The Rosses.
(d) Duke's audience.
11. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Her fame.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) The loss of her father.
(d) Taking drugs.
12. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He wasn't very tall.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He hadn't gone to high school.
(d) He had no skills.
13. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Push him off stage.
(b) Beat up on him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Give him hugs.
14. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
(a) Inappropriately sexual.
(b) Extemely funny.
15. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) The Bad Seed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
2. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
3. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
4. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
5. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)