|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
(c) Please, in a whisper.
(d) Help me.
2. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(a) Truck drivers.
(c) Drug addicts.
3. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
(a) "Great day!"
(b) "You're the best."
(c) "Love ya!"
(d) "Good girl!"
4. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) In the Seven Woods.
(b) The Land of Little Rain.
(c) Helen Keller's Life.
(d) The Story of My Life.
5. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) Money from her father.
(b) Money she would beg for from strangers.
(c) A hot meal for home.
6. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
(c) Script writer.
7. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
(a) Fiddler on the Roof.
(b) The Bad Seed.
(d) Mary Poppins.
8. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(a) Serve cookies.
9. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(b) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(c) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(d) She told Duke she could not see past her.
10. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
(a) They Came From Outer Space.
(b) The Atomic Kid.
(c) The Blob.
(d) The 4-D Man.
11. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
12. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(b) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(c) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
(d) The Booth Theater closed down.
13. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Sir Laurence Olivier.
(d) John Astin.
14. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(a) Coca Cola.
(b) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
15. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her age.
(b) The money she was making.
(c) Her pride in herself.
(d) Her two-inch heels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
2. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
3. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
4. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
5. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)