Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(b) Help me.
(c) Please, in a whisper.
(d) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
2. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
(b) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(c) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
(d) He was Duke's real father.
3. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Isle of Children.
(b) Norma Crane.
(c) Blue Eyes Open.
(d) A Chinese Play.
4. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(a) Truck drivers.
(d) Drug addicts.
5. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
(c) Christian Scientist.
6. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(a) The Bad Seed.
(b) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Music Man.
7. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Taken drugs.
(b) Smoked cigarettes.
(c) Flew on an airplane.
(d) Consumed alcohol.
8. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(b) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(c) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(d) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
9. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) She was very tired.
(b) She felt underpaid.
(c) To disturb the Rosses.
(d) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
10. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(b) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(c) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
(d) The Booth Theater closed down.
11. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(a) Serve cookies.
12. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
13. Who was Bambi?
(a) A pet deer of Duke's.
(b) Duke's favorite doll.
(c) The Ross's dog.
(d) Mrs. Duke's pet name for her daughter.
14. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
15. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
(a) She broker her leg.
(b) She cut her forehead.
(c) She broke her arm.
(d) She had a high fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
2. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
3. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
4. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
5. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)