|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
(a) LIving with the Rosses.
(b) Making commercials.
(c) Losing her mother.
(d) Working with Ray.
2. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
(a) Our Town.
(b) The Glass Menagerie.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) The Miracle Worker.
3. With what illness was Duke diagnosed in 1982?
(c) Social anxiety.
4. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Helen Keller.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Roman Polanski.
5. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Irish funerals.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother, Ray.
6. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Christmas Eve.
7. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Smoked cigarettes.
(b) Flew on an airplane.
(c) Taken drugs.
(d) Consumed alcohol.
8. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her age.
(b) The money she was making.
(c) Her two-inch heels.
(d) Her pride in herself.
9. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
(a) Kips Bay.
(b) Sheepshead Bay.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Brooklyn Heights.
10. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
(d) Christian Scientist.
11. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) Money she would beg for from strangers.
(b) A hot meal for home.
(d) Money from her father.
12. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
(a) The Six Million Dollar Man.
(b) Wonder Woman.
(c) Matt Lincoln, M.D.
(d) Happy Days.
13. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She sang.
(b) She was an actress.
(c) She waited tables.
(d) She was a dancer.
14. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Norma Crane.
(b) A Chinese Play.
(c) Blue Eyes Open.
(d) Isle of Children.
15. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
(a) They Came From Outer Space.
(b) The Blob.
(c) The 4-D Man.
(d) The Atomic Kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
2. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
3. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
4. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
5. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)