|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Eve.
2. Why was The Patty Duke Show so exciting for Duke to do?
(a) The TV role was challenging for her to do.
(b) She had some freedom at last.
(c) She simply loved television acting.
(d) She was in love with her boyfriend co-star.
3. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Grace Kelly.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Lana Turner.
4. What did Bill Schallert very often pretend to be around Duke?
(a) Not very bright.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A woman.
(d) Her father.
5. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(a) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) The Music Man.
6. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
(a) Extemely funny.
(d) Inappropriately sexual.
7. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
(a) Duke's best friend.
(b) Duke's twin cousin.
(c) She had no role; she was the producer.
(d) Duke's mother.
8. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
(a) Astin disgusted him.
(b) He had arthritis.
(c) He feared germs.
(d) He had a broken arm.
9. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) Norma Crane.
(b) Blue Eyes Open.
(c) Isle of Children.
(d) A Chinese Play.
10. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
11. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A variety show.
(b) A quiz show.
(c) A soap opera.
(d) A comedy.
12. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Baby wipes.
(b) Wash 'n Dris.
(c) Bottles of water.
13. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) The Triborough Bridge.
(c) The George Washington Bridge.
(d) The 59th Street Bridge.
14. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Patricia Ann.
(b) Maria Ann.
(c) Anne Marie.
(d) Anna Marie.
15. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Shining shoes.
(c) Driving a taxi cab.
(d) Selling newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Bambi?
2. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
3. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
4. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
5. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)