|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
(a) Her son was in the army.
(b) To prepare for a TV movie.
(c) She was directing a film.
(d) She had joined the army.
2. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
(a) Hell's Kitchen.
(b) Kips Bay.
(c) Sheepshead Bay.
(d) Brooklyn Heights.
3. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He was not a good director.
(b) He abused Duke.
(c) He was getting too close to Duke.
(d) He was always late to the set.
4. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Grace Kelly.
(c) Lana Turner.
(d) Audrey Hepburn.
5. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A variety show.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) A quiz show.
(d) A comedy.
6. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
(b) Color film.
7. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
(a) Walter Miller.
(b) Arthur Penn.
(c) John Mortimer.
(d) Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
8. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(b) The Bad Seed.
(d) The Sound of Music.
9. Which scene in the movie was the most exhausting for everyone to film?
(a) The meeting of Annie.
(b) The tantrum scene.
(c) The miracle scene.
(d) Helen begging for food.
10. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
11. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
(a) They had someone follow Duke.
(b) They felt she was independent enough.
(c) They were ready to let her branch off on her own.
(d) They did not want to get up that early.
12. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
(b) Allergy medicine.
13. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
14. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
15. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
(a) The Six Million Dollar Man.
(b) Matt Lincoln, M.D.
(c) Wonder Woman.
(d) Happy Days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
2. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
3. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
4. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
5. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)