|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
(a) The Six Million Dollar Man.
(b) Happy Days.
(c) Wonder Woman.
(d) Matt Lincoln, M.D.
2. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Grace Kelly.
(c) Lana Turner.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
3. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Wash 'n Dris.
(b) Bottles of water.
(c) Baby wipes.
4. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(b) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(c) Coca Cola.
5. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He was getting too close to Duke.
(b) He abused Duke.
(c) He was always late to the set.
(d) He was not a good director.
6. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
(c) New Yorkese.
7. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(a) Serve cookies.
8. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
(a) She had no role; she was the producer.
(b) Duke's mother.
(c) Duke's best friend.
(d) Duke's twin cousin.
9. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(b) The Bible.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Rolling Stone Magazine.
10. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
11. Which scene in the movie was the most exhausting for everyone to film?
(a) The meeting of Annie.
(b) Helen begging for food.
(c) The miracle scene.
(d) The tantrum scene.
12. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
13. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
(a) The Upper West Side.
(b) The Bronx.
14. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(c) Truck drivers.
(d) Drug addicts.
15. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) It would burn down.
(b) Her mother tipped it over.
(c) Someone would steal it.
(d) Her father threw it out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
2. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
3. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
4. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
5. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)