|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Baby wipes.
(c) Bottles of water.
(d) Wash 'n Dris.
2. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) To disturb the Rosses.
(b) She felt underpaid.
(c) She was very tired.
(d) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
3. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Her fame.
(b) Taking drugs.
(c) The loss of her father.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
4. By what name does Duke refer to the Rosses in Chapter 12?
(a) The Billy-the-Kid gang.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Adolf Hitler.
(c) Bonnie and Clyde.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Jack the Ripper.
5. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
(a) Inappropriately sexual.
(c) Extemely funny.
6. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
7. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
(a) To prepare for a TV movie.
(b) Her son was in the army.
(c) She was directing a film.
(d) She had joined the army.
8. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
(a) The Bad Seed.
(b) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Glass Menagerie.
(d) Our Town.
9. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
(a) The Atomic Kid.
(b) They Came From Outer Space.
(c) The 4-D Man.
(d) The Blob.
10. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(b) Mrs. Duke.
(c) Ethel Ross.
(d) John Ross.
11. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) John Astin.
(b) Duke's family.
(c) Duke's grandfather.
(d) The Ross's.
12. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(a) Jumping out of bed.
(b) Clearing her throat.
(c) Washing her face.
13. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
14. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Easter Sunday.
15. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(a) The Miracle Worker.
(b) The Music Man.
(d) The Bad Seed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
2. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
3. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
4. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
5. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)