|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the fictional name of Duke's boyfriend on The Patty Duke Show?
2. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
(a) The film, "I'll Cry Tomorrow."
(b) The movie, "The Stepford Wives."
(c) A documentary for wayward children.
(d) A Christmastime commercial.
3. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
(a) Ray Duke.
(b) Ben Gazzara.
(c) The Rosses.
(d) Huntz Hall.
4. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Roman Polanski.
5. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
(a) Academic tests.
(b) Acting roles.
(d) Media interviews.
6. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
(a) Losing her mother.
(b) LIving with the Rosses.
(c) Making commercials.
(d) Working with Ray.
7. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
(a) Threw up on him.
(b) Called the police.
(c) Ran out the door.
(d) Smacked him in the face.
8. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(b) Mrs. Duke.
(c) John Ross.
(d) Ethel Ross.
9. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Her father threw it out the window.
(b) Her mother tipped it over.
(c) It would burn down.
(d) Someone would steal it.
10. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) The Story of My Life.
(b) The Land of Little Rain.
(c) In the Seven Woods.
(d) Helen Keller's Life.
11. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
(a) A Chinese Play.
(b) Blue Eyes Open.
(c) Isle of Children.
(d) Norma Crane.
12. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(b) Serve cookies.
13. By what name does Duke refer to the Rosses in Chapter 12?
(a) The Billy-the-Kid gang.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Jack the Ripper.
(c) Bonnie and Clyde.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Adolf Hitler.
14. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) Duke, herself.
(b) The Rosses.
(c) Duke's audience.
(d) Duke's father.
15. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill Schallert very often pretend to be around Duke?
2. Why was The Patty Duke Show so exciting for Duke to do?
3. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
4. Who was Bambi?
5. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)