|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She sang.
(b) She waited tables.
(c) She was a dancer.
(d) She was an actress.
2. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
(c) Puerto Rico.
(d) The Virgin Islands.
3. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(b) Washing her face.
(c) Jumping out of bed.
(d) Clearing her throat.
4. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Anna Marie.
(b) Patricia Ann.
(c) Maria Ann.
(d) Anne Marie.
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
6. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(b) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(c) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(d) She called her too fat for the aisles.
7. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Bible.
8. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
(a) To Grandpa's bar.
(b) To a playground.
(d) To the bakery.
9. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He was Duke's real father.
(b) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(c) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
(d) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
10. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
(a) Extemely funny.
(c) Inappropriately sexual.
11. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
(a) His Mickey Mouse clock.
(b) Paper clips.
(c) Her lunch.
(d) Her Emmy award.
12. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
(b) Color film.
13. What was John Ross's real last name?
14. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Tripped her onstage.
(b) Made her sick.
(c) Let her go on.
(d) Ripped her clothes off.
15. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her two-inch heels.
(b) Her age.
(c) The money she was making.
(d) Her pride in herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
2. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
3. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
4. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
5. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)