|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(b) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Booth Theater closed down.
(d) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
2. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
(a) To a playground.
(b) To the bakery.
(d) To Grandpa's bar.
3. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Smoked cigarettes.
(b) Consumed alcohol.
(c) Taken drugs.
(d) Flew on an airplane.
4. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) Ethel Ross.
(b) John Ross.
(d) Mrs. Duke.
5. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(a) Coca Cola.
(b) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
6. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
(b) He was Duke's real father.
(c) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(d) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
7. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) She wore it down.
(b) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
(c) She dyed it blond.
(d) The Rosses cut it.
8. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Cary Grant.
(d) Katharine Cornell.
9. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(a) Washing her face.
(b) Clearing her throat.
(c) Jumping out of bed.
10. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
(a) Acting as parents.
(d) Being nuns.
11. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(b) Serve cookies.
12. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
(a) "Love ya!"
(b) "Good girl!"
(c) "You're the best."
(d) "Great day!"
13. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
14. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Smacked him in the face.
(c) Ran out the door.
(d) Threw up on him.
15. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Her fame.
(c) Taking drugs.
(d) The loss of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
2. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
3. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
4. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
5. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)