|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Maria Ann.
(b) Anne Marie.
(c) Patricia Ann.
(d) Anna Marie.
2. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(d) The New York Times.
3. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
(a) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Puerto Rico.
4. Why was The Patty Duke Show so exciting for Duke to do?
(a) She had some freedom at last.
(b) The TV role was challenging for her to do.
(c) She was in love with her boyfriend co-star.
(d) She simply loved television acting.
5. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
(a) She cut her forehead.
(b) She had a high fever.
(c) She broke her arm.
(d) She broker her leg.
6. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
(a) Bye Bye Birdie.
(b) The Music Man.
(c) Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Annie Get Your Gun.
7. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) The Rosses cut it.
(b) She dyed it blond.
(c) She wore it down.
(d) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
8. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) Money from her father.
(c) A hot meal for home.
(d) Money she would beg for from strangers.
9. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
(b) Acting roles.
(c) Media interviews.
(d) Academic tests.
10. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
11. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He was getting too close to Duke.
(b) He was not a good director.
(c) He abused Duke.
(d) He was always late to the set.
12. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) It would burn down.
(b) Her father threw it out the window.
(c) Her mother tipped it over.
(d) Someone would steal it.
13. Which scene in the movie was the most exhausting for everyone to film?
(a) The tantrum scene.
(b) The meeting of Annie.
(c) Helen begging for food.
(d) The miracle scene.
14. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) The Sound of Music.
15. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
(a) To prepare for a TV movie.
(b) She had joined the army.
(c) Her son was in the army.
(d) She was directing a film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
2. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
3. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
4. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
5. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)