|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To a psychiatric hospital.
(c) Dress shopping.
(d) To a baby shower.
2. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
(b) She felt underpaid.
(c) To disturb the Rosses.
(d) She was very tired.
3. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Roman Polanski.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Helen Keller.
4. What happened on February 2, 1963, in Chapter 15?
(a) Ethel Ross died.
(b) Mr. Duke died.
(c) The Rosses adopted Duke.
(d) Mrs. Duke was declared incompetent.
5. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Ripped her clothes off.
(b) Made her sick.
(c) Tripped her onstage.
(d) Let her go on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
2. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
3. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
4. What scene did Sean have a problem dealing with in Chapter 33?
5. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)