|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Please, in a whisper.
(b) Help me.
(c) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
2. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
(a) He feared germs.
(b) He had arthritis.
(c) Astin disgusted him.
(d) He had a broken arm.
3. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He abused Duke.
(b) He was not a good director.
(c) He was getting too close to Duke.
(d) He was always late to the set.
4. Where did the Rosses take a vacation with Duke, bringing along Harry Falk?
(b) The Virgin Islands.
5. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(b) The New York Times.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
2. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
3. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
4. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
5. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)