|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke's managers, Irwin and Stich, do in Chapter 30?
(a) Got her a role in a number one movie.
(b) Broke up her marriage to John Astin.
(c) Embezzled her money.
(d) Let her pass the Writers Guild picket lines.
2. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She waited tables.
(c) She was a dancer.
(d) She sang.
3. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
(a) Acting as parents.
(c) Being nuns.
4. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Her fame.
(c) Taking drugs.
(d) The loss of her father.
5. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
(b) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(c) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(d) The Booth Theater closed down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization was Duke elected President of in 1985?
2. Who is Suzanne, in Chapter 29?
3. What touched off Duke's manic attack in Chapter 34?
4. What was The Westwood?
5. Who was Bambi?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)