|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
(d) Christian Scientist.
2. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) They locked away her clothing.
(b) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(c) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
(d) They separated her from Harry Falk.
3. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
4. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
(a) She attempted suicide.
(b) Gramma Howe died.
(c) Her father died.
(d) John Ross was in a hospital.
5. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
(a) Her manager.
(b) Her mother.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Ethel Ross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
2. What, cinematically, was there a lack of in The Miracle Worker film?
3. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
4. In Chapter 12, what were the black woman's cats referred to as?
5. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)