|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To write his novel.
(c) To get a good rest.
(d) To attempt suicide.
2. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
(b) The Rosses cut it.
(c) She dyed it blond.
(d) She wore it down.
3. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Helen Keller.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Roman Polanski.
4. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The George Washington Bridge.
(b) The 59th Street Bridge.
(c) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) The Triborough Bridge.
5. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) The Bad Seed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob Banner, the producer of "My Sweet Charlie" tell Duke, confidentially, in Chapter 23?
2. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
4. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
5. What did Duke want to do with the Emmy she won in 1970?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)