|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what illness was Duke diagnosed in 1982?
(c) Social anxiety.
2. What did Duke discover about herself when she brought her mother into town to attend the Emmy Awards in Chapter 25?
(a) She had lost the award.
(b) She had herpes.
(c) She hated shopping.
(d) She was pregnant.
3. What restriction did Ethel Ross place on Duke during John Ross's funeral?
(a) She could not wear black.
(b) She must bring her Oscar.
(c) She had to wear a certain dress.
(d) She had to be on her own.
4. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
(a) He had a broken arm.
(b) Astin disgusted him.
(c) He feared germs.
(d) He had arthritis.
5. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
2. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
3. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
4. What name did Duke begin to use after her marriage to Harry Falk?
5. Who was Bambi?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)