|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) New Year's Eve.
2. What did Bill Schallert very often pretend to be around Duke?
(a) Not very bright.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A woman.
(d) Her father.
3. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
(a) Gramma Howe.
(c) Mrs. Ross.
(d) Ethel Senior.
4. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
(a) She told Ethel Ross off, fiercely.
(b) She wanted to send the woman money.
(c) She wanted to bury the hatchet.
(d) She intended to sue her.
5. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Katharine Cornell.
(d) Helen Keller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
2. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
3. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
4. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
5. Where did Duke and Harry Falk go to honeymoon?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)