|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
(a) The local deli.
(b) The church.
(c) A neighborhood bar.
(d) A funeral home.
2. What was John Ross's real last name?
3. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He was not a good director.
(b) He was always late to the set.
(c) He abused Duke.
(d) He was getting too close to Duke.
4. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
(b) They locked away her clothing.
(c) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(d) They separated her from Harry Falk.
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
2. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
3. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
4. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
5. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)