|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke do for Gene Kirkland in Chapter 22?
(a) Co-signed a car lease.
(b) Found him a job.
(c) Married him.
(d) Bought him a television.
2. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(c) Serve cookies.
3. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
(b) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(c) He was Duke's real father.
(d) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
4. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Her mother tipped it over.
(b) Her father threw it out the window.
(c) It would burn down.
(d) Someone would steal it.
5. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
(b) They locked away her clothing.
(c) They separated her from Harry Falk.
(d) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
2. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
3. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
4. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
5. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)