|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Her father threw it out the window.
(b) It would burn down.
(c) Someone would steal it.
(d) Her mother tipped it over.
2. Where was Duke when she tried to commit suicide by taking about thirty sleeping pills?
(a) In her apartment.
(b) On Fire Island.
(c) In the studio where she'd done The Patty Duke Show.
(d) In Westwood Psychiatric Hospital.
3. What did Bob Banner, the producer of "My Sweet Charlie" tell Duke, confidentially, in Chapter 23?
(a) He was in love with her.
(b) The producer had run out of money.
(c) Al Freeman, Jr. would be fired.
(d) Someone on set was involved with drugs.
4. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
(a) They never fit right.
(b) They were not sophisticated.
(c) They were very colorful.
(d) They were too tight.
5. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
(a) Coffee spilled on Harry Falk's clothing.
(b) They were in a car accident.
(c) Duke was late getting dressed.
(d) The car broke down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was The Westwood?
2. Who did Duke end up living with for weeks in Los Angeles, in Chapter 22?
3. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
4. What did Duke tell second assistant director, Harry Falk, on the set of The Patty Duke Show?
5. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)