|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part on The Patty Duke Show did Jean Byron play?
(a) Duke's twin cousin.
(b) Duke's mother.
(c) She had no role; she was the producer.
(d) Duke's best friend.
2. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(b) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(c) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(d) She called her too fat for the aisles.
3. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) The Fourth of July.
4. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(b) Serve cookies.
5. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) Duke's father.
(b) Duke's audience.
(c) The Rosses.
(d) Duke, herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
2. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
3. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
4. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
5. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)