|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Give him hugs.
(b) Push him off stage.
(c) Beat up on him.
(d) Kiss him.
2. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Helen Keller.
(c) Roman Polanski.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
3. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
(c) Script writer.
4. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
(a) Her Emmy award.
(b) His Mickey Mouse clock.
(c) Paper clips.
(d) Her lunch.
5. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her two-inch heels.
(b) Her pride in herself.
(c) Her age.
(d) The money she was making.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
2. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
3. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
4. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
5. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)