|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was The Patty Duke Show so exciting for Duke to do?
(a) She simply loved television acting.
(b) She was in love with her boyfriend co-star.
(c) The TV role was challenging for her to do.
(d) She had some freedom at last.
2. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) The Land of Little Rain.
(b) Helen Keller's Life.
(c) In the Seven Woods.
(d) The Story of My Life.
3. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
(a) Anne Bancroft.
(b) Laurence Olivier.
(c) Helen Hayes.
(d) Julie Harris.
4. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
(a) Happy Days.
(b) The Six Million Dollar Man.
(c) Matt Lincoln, M.D.
(d) Wonder Woman.
5. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) The loss of her father.
(b) Taking drugs.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Her fame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
2. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
3. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
4. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
5. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)