|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(b) The Bad Seed.
(c) The Miracle Worker.
(d) The Music Man.
2. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) In the Seven Woods.
(b) The Land of Little Rain.
(c) The Story of My Life.
(d) Helen Keller's Life.
3. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Patricia Ann.
(b) Maria Ann.
(c) Anne Marie.
(d) Anna Marie.
4. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) Duke's audience.
(b) The Rosses.
(c) Duke, herself.
(d) Duke's father.
5. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
(a) Walter Miller.
(b) Arthur Penn.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
(d) John Mortimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill Schallert very often pretend to be around Duke?
2. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
3. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
4. What was the main reason that the Rosses were willing to let Duke leave The Miracle Worker play?
5. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)