|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) The New York Times.
(c) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(d) The Bible.
2. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
(a) Julie Harris.
(b) Anne Bancroft.
(c) Helen Hayes.
(d) Laurence Olivier.
3. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
(a) "You're the best."
(b) "Great day!"
(c) "Love ya!"
(d) "Good girl!"
4. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) Her father.
(b) Sir Laurence Olivier.
(c) Her mother.
(d) John Astin.
5. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(a) The Music Man.
(c) The Miracle Worker.
(d) The Bad Seed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
2. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
3. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
4. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
5. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)