|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Patricia Ann.
(b) Anna Marie.
(c) Anne Marie.
(d) Maria Ann.
2. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
(b) The Bronx.
(d) The Upper West Side.
3. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
(a) To smoke cigarettes.
(b) To make sure their ceiling did not leak.
(c) She considered jumping.
(d) To see what her kids were doing in the streets.
4. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
(a) The Glass Menagerie.
(b) The Bad Seed.
(c) The Miracle Worker.
(d) Our Town.
5. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
(a) Fiddler on the Roof.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) Mary Poppins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
2. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
3. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
4. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
5. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)