|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Bible.
2. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Driving a taxi cab.
(b) Waiting tables.
(c) Selling newspapers.
(d) Shining shoes.
3. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A variety show.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A quiz show.
4. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
(a) To see what her kids were doing in the streets.
(b) To make sure their ceiling did not leak.
(c) To smoke cigarettes.
(d) She considered jumping.
5. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
2. What was John Ross's real last name?
3. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
4. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
5. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)