|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
(a) Patricia Neal.
(b) Annie Bancroft.
(c) Torin Thatcher.
(d) Annie Sullivan.
2. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
(a) The movie, "The Stepford Wives."
(b) A Christmastime commercial.
(c) The film, "I'll Cry Tomorrow."
(d) A documentary for wayward children.
3. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(b) Mrs. Duke.
(c) Ethel Ross.
(d) John Ross.
4. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(b) Money she would beg for from strangers.
(c) A hot meal for home.
(d) Money from her father.
5. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Someone would steal it.
(b) It would burn down.
(c) Her father threw it out the window.
(d) Her mother tipped it over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
2. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
3. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
4. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
5. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)