|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) A quiz show.
(d) A variety show.
2. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
(b) To disturb the Rosses.
(c) She was very tired.
(d) She felt underpaid.
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She was a dancer.
(b) She sang.
(c) She waited tables.
(d) She was an actress.
4. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother, Ray.
(d) Irish funerals.
5. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He had no skills.
(b) He hadn't gone to high school.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He wasn't very tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
2. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
3. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
4. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
5. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)