|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother, Ray.
(d) Irish funerals.
2. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Shining shoes.
(b) Selling newspapers.
(c) Waiting tables.
(d) Driving a taxi cab.
3. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) The George Washington Bridge.
(c) The 59th Street Bridge.
(d) The Triborough Bridge.
4. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Eve.
5. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(b) The Bad Seed.
(c) The Miracle Worker.
(d) The Music Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
2. Who was Bambi?
3. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
4. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
5. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)