|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He hadn't gone to high school.
(c) He had no skills.
(d) He wasn't very tall.
2. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
(a) Her lunch.
(b) Her Emmy award.
(c) His Mickey Mouse clock.
(d) Paper clips.
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She sang.
(b) She waited tables.
(c) She was an actress.
(d) She was a dancer.
4. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) In the Seven Woods.
(b) The Land of Little Rain.
(c) The Story of My Life.
(d) Helen Keller's Life.
5. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
2. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
3. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
4. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
5. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)