|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
(a) The Glass Menagerie.
(b) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) Our Town.
2. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Lana Turner.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Grace Kelly.
3. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) The money she was making.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her pride in herself.
(d) Her two-inch heels.
4. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
(a) Academic tests.
(b) Acting roles.
(c) Media interviews.
5. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Ripped her clothes off.
(b) Tripped her onstage.
(c) Let her go on.
(d) Made her sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
2. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
3. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
4. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
5. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)