|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) To disturb the Rosses.
(b) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
(c) She was very tired.
(d) She felt underpaid.
2. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
(b) To the bakery.
(c) To a playground.
(d) To Grandpa's bar.
3. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
(a) Ben Gazzara.
(b) Huntz Hall.
(c) The Rosses.
(d) Ray Duke.
4. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Her fame.
(b) Taking drugs.
(c) The loss of her father.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
2. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
3. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
4. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
5. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)