|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Let her go on.
(b) Ripped her clothes off.
(c) Made her sick.
(d) Tripped her onstage.
2. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Shining shoes.
(b) Driving a taxi cab.
(c) Waiting tables.
(d) Selling newspapers.
3. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
(a) His Mickey Mouse clock.
(b) Her lunch.
(c) Her Emmy award.
(d) Paper clips.
4. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Her father threw it out the window.
(b) It would burn down.
(c) Someone would steal it.
(d) Her mother tipped it over.
5. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(a) Drug addicts.
(c) Truck drivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
2. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
3. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
4. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
5. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)