|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(b) The Bible.
(c) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(d) The New York Times.
2. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) John Ross.
(b) Ethel Ross.
(c) Mrs. Duke.
3. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) The Land of Little Rain.
(b) Helen Keller's Life.
(c) In the Seven Woods.
(d) The Story of My Life.
4. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(b) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(c) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(d) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
5. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Maria Ann.
(b) Anna Marie.
(c) Patricia Ann.
(d) Anne Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
2. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
3. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
4. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
5. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)