|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Smoked cigarettes.
(b) Taken drugs.
(c) Consumed alcohol.
(d) Flew on an airplane.
2. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) The Fourth of July.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Christmas Eve.
3. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Her fame.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Taking drugs.
(d) The loss of her father.
4. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
(a) Walter Miller.
(b) John Mortimer.
(c) Arthur Penn.
(d) Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
5. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Katharine Cornell.
(d) Helen Keller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
2. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
3. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
4. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
5. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)