|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The George Washington Bridge.
(b) The Triborough Bridge.
(c) The 59th Street Bridge.
(d) The Brooklyn Bridge.
2. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
(c) Allergy medicine.
3. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Grace Kelly.
(d) Lana Turner.
4. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) The Rosses.
(b) Duke's father.
(c) Duke, herself.
(d) Duke's audience.
5. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
(a) The Music Man.
(b) Annie Get Your Gun.
(c) Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Bye Bye Birdie.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what illness was Duke diagnosed in 1982?
2. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
3. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
4. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
5. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)