|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(c) Braiding hair.
2. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) The Bad Seed.
3. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
(b) Allergy medicine.
4. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Shining shoes.
(c) Selling newspapers.
(d) Driving a taxi cab.
5. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) Her father.
(b) Sir Laurence Olivier.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
2. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
3. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
4. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
5. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)