|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She sang.
(b) She waited tables.
(c) She was an actress.
(d) She was a dancer.
2. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
(a) Astin disgusted him.
(b) He had a broken arm.
(c) He feared germs.
(d) He had arthritis.
3. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
(a) Happy Days.
(b) Wonder Woman.
(c) Matt Lincoln, M.D.
(d) The Six Million Dollar Man.
4. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
5. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(b) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
(c) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(d) The Booth Theater closed down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
2. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
3. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
4. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
5. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)