|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Her mother tipped it over.
(b) Her father threw it out the window.
(c) Someone would steal it.
(d) It would burn down.
2. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) A variety show.
(d) A quiz show.
3. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The 59th Street Bridge.
(b) The Triborough Bridge.
(c) The George Washington Bridge.
(d) The Brooklyn Bridge.
4. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) To disturb the Rosses.
(b) She felt underpaid.
(c) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
(d) She was very tired.
5. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
(a) The Blob.
(b) They Came From Outer Space.
(c) The 4-D Man.
(d) The Atomic Kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
2. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
3. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
4. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
5. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)