|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
(a) Annie Get Your Gun.
(b) The Music Man.
(c) Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Bye Bye Birdie.
2. Who was Bambi?
(a) Mrs. Duke's pet name for her daughter.
(b) The Ross's dog.
(c) A pet deer of Duke's.
(d) Duke's favorite doll.
3. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
(a) Hell's Kitchen.
(b) Brooklyn Heights.
(c) Kips Bay.
(d) Sheepshead Bay.
4. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
(a) Being nuns.
(b) Acting as parents.
5. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(b) Jumping out of bed.
(c) Clearing her throat.
(d) Washing her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
2. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
3. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
4. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)