|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
(b) Baby wipes.
(c) Wash 'n Dris.
(d) Bottles of water.
2. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) Money from her father.
(b) A hot meal for home.
(c) Money she would beg for from strangers.
3. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
(a) Fiddler on the Roof.
(b) Bye Bye Birdie.
(c) Annie Get Your Gun.
(d) The Music Man.
4. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(b) The Bible.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Rolling Stone Magazine.
5. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
(b) To a playground.
(c) To the bakery.
(d) To Grandpa's bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
2. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
3. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
4. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
5. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)