|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her brother, Ray.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Irish funerals.
2. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She was a dancer.
(b) She waited tables.
(c) She was an actress.
(d) She sang.
3. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Her fame.
(b) The loss of her father.
(c) Taking drugs.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
4. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(d) Braiding hair.
5. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
(a) The Bronx.
(b) The Upper West Side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
2. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
3. Who was Bambi?
4. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
5. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)