|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Christmas Eve.
2. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) The Story of My Life.
(b) In the Seven Woods.
(c) The Land of Little Rain.
(d) Helen Keller's Life.
3. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
(a) The Music Man.
(b) Bye Bye Birdie.
(c) Annie Get Your Gun.
(d) Fiddler on the Roof.
4. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
(d) New Yorkese.
5. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Rolling Stone Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
2. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
3. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
4. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
5. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)