|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Her mother tipped it over.
(b) Someone would steal it.
(c) It would burn down.
(d) Her father threw it out the window.
2. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(b) Coca Cola.
(c) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
3. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) Mrs. Duke.
(b) Ethel Ross.
(c) John Ross.
4. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Irish funerals.
(c) Her brother, Ray.
(d) Her mother.
5. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He hadn't gone to high school.
(c) He wasn't very tall.
(d) He had no skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
2. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
3. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
4. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
5. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)