|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(d) Braiding hair.
2. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(b) Jumping out of bed.
(c) Clearing her throat.
(d) Washing her face.
3. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Easter Sunday.
4. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
2. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
3. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
4. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
5. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)