|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
(b) The Upper West Side.
(d) The Bronx.
2. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
(a) Ray Duke.
(b) Huntz Hall.
(c) Ben Gazzara.
(d) The Rosses.
3. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) The Rosses cut it.
(b) She dyed it blond.
(c) She wore it down.
(d) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
4. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) Easter Sunday.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Christmas Eve.
5. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(a) Drug addicts.
(d) Truck drivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
2. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
3. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
4. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
5. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)