|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) It got stuck in the washing machine.
(b) She sprained it hitting Patty.
(c) Scroungy bit it.
(d) It got caught in the door.
2. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
(a) The Bad Seed.
(b) Mary Poppins.
(c) Fiddler on the Roof.
3. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
(a) To prepare for a TV movie.
(b) She had joined the army.
(c) She was directing a film.
(d) Her son was in the army.
4. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
(c) The Upper West Side.
(d) The Bronx.
5. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Bottles of water.
(b) Baby wipes.
(d) Wash 'n Dris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
2. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
4. What was John Ross's real last name?
5. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)