|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) She wore it down.
(b) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
(c) The Rosses cut it.
(d) She dyed it blond.
2. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(a) Braiding hair.
3. With what illness was Duke diagnosed in 1982?
(c) Social anxiety.
4. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
5. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Smoked cigarettes.
(b) Consumed alcohol.
(c) Taken drugs.
(d) Flew on an airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
2. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
3. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
4. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
5. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)