|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
2. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) She sprained it hitting Patty.
(b) It got stuck in the washing machine.
(c) It got caught in the door.
(d) Scroungy bit it.
3. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
(a) She had joined the army.
(b) She was directing a film.
(c) To prepare for a TV movie.
(d) Her son was in the army.
4. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
(a) Sheepshead Bay.
(b) Kips Bay.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Brooklyn Heights.
5. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
(a) She considered jumping.
(b) To make sure their ceiling did not leak.
(c) To see what her kids were doing in the streets.
(d) To smoke cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
2. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
3. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
4. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
5. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)