|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother, Ray.
(d) Irish funerals.
2. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
(c) Being nuns.
(d) Acting as parents.
3. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) She dyed it blond.
(b) She wore it down.
(c) The Rosses cut it.
(d) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
4. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Consumed alcohol.
(b) Flew on an airplane.
(c) Smoked cigarettes.
(d) Taken drugs.
5. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
(a) Her lunch.
(b) Her Emmy award.
(c) Paper clips.
(d) His Mickey Mouse clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
2. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
3. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
4. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
5. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)