|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
(a) The film, "I'll Cry Tomorrow."
(b) A documentary for wayward children.
(c) A Christmastime commercial.
(d) The movie, "The Stepford Wives."
2. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
(a) To prepare for a TV movie.
(b) She had joined the army.
(c) She was directing a film.
(d) Her son was in the army.
3. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) The Rosses cut it.
(b) She dyed it blond.
(c) She wore it down.
(d) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
4. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
(a) The Rosses.
(b) Ben Gazzara.
(c) Huntz Hall.
(d) Ray Duke.
5. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
(a) Sheepshead Bay.
(b) Hell's Kitchen.
(c) Brooklyn Heights.
(d) Kips Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
2. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
3. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
4. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
5. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)