|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) Scroungy bit it.
(b) It got caught in the door.
(c) She sprained it hitting Patty.
(d) It got stuck in the washing machine.
2. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) The loss of her father.
(c) Taking drugs.
(d) Her fame.
3. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Taken drugs.
(b) Smoked cigarettes.
(c) Consumed alcohol.
(d) Flew on an airplane.
4. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(a) Jumping out of bed.
(b) Clearing her throat.
(c) Washing her face.
5. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) Money from her father.
(b) A hot meal for home.
(d) Money she would beg for from strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
2. What was John Ross's real last name?
3. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
4. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
5. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)