|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The George Washington Bridge.
(b) The 59th Street Bridge.
(c) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) The Triborough Bridge.
2. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He hadn't gone to high school.
(b) He had no skills.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He wasn't very tall.
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She waited tables.
(b) She was a dancer.
(c) She sang.
(d) She was an actress.
4. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) John Astin.
(b) Duke's grandfather.
(c) Duke's family.
(d) The Ross's.
5. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Lana Turner.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Grace Kelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
2. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
3. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
4. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
5. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)