|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) Money from her father.
(b) A hot meal for home.
(c) Money she would beg for from strangers.
2. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
(b) To the bakery.
(c) To Grandpa's bar.
(d) To a playground.
3. What was John Ross's real last name?
4. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He hadn't gone to high school.
(c) He had no skills.
(d) He wasn't very tall.
5. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
(a) Sheepshead Bay.
(b) Kips Bay.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Brooklyn Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
2. What did Duke throw at Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA, in 1970?
3. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
4. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
5. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)