|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She sang.
(b) She was a dancer.
(c) She was an actress.
(d) She waited tables.
2. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Someone would steal it.
(b) It would burn down.
(c) Her father threw it out the window.
(d) Her mother tipped it over.
3. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
(a) To Grandpa's bar.
(c) To a playground.
(d) To the bakery.
4. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) John Astin.
(b) The Ross's.
(c) Duke's grandfather.
(d) Duke's family.
5. What was John Ross's real last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
2. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
3. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
4. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
5. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)