|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Duke rejected for a role in "Monday After the Miracle"?
(a) She never found out.
(b) She failed the audition.
(c) She had gotten too old.
(d) Arthur Penn hated her.
2. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) The 59th Street Bridge.
(c) The Triborough Bridge.
(d) The George Washington Bridge.
3. Where did Duke's mother go on the day of Duke's wedding to Harry Falk?
(a) Dress shopping.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To a baby shower.
(d) To a psychiatric hospital.
4. What reputation did Duke have with the people at Universal Studios after "My Sweet Charlie" was made in Port Bolivar?
(b) Nasty to everyone.
(d) A doper.
5. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Losing her mind.
(b) Getting remarried.
(c) Quitting the acting business.
(d) Taking hard drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which now-famous actor played a small role the film, Me, Natalie?
2. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
3. Who was Joanna Barnes?
4. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
5. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)