Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Sidney Sheldon?
(a) He played Duke's boyfriend on her TV show.
(b) He wrote the pilot for the Patty Duke Show.
(c) He was Duke's date at the Oscars.
(d) He was Duke's real father.
2. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(a) Truck drivers.
(d) Drug addicts.
3. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(a) The Bad Seed.
(b) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Music Man.
4. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(b) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(c) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(d) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
5. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(b) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(c) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
(d) The Booth Theater closed down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
2. What was the next stage role the Rosses found for Duke after The Miracle Worker?
3. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
4. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
5. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)