Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(a) Clearing her throat.
(b) Washing her face.
(c) Jumping out of bed.
2. Why did Duke's mother spend time on the roof of their building?
(a) To make sure their ceiling did not leak.
(b) To see what her kids were doing in the streets.
(c) To smoke cigarettes.
(d) She considered jumping.
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She sang.
(b) She waited tables.
(c) She was a dancer.
(d) She was an actress.
4. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) Patricia Ann.
(b) Maria Ann.
(c) Anne Marie.
(d) Anna Marie.
5. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
(a) A documentary for wayward children.
(b) A Christmastime commercial.
(c) The film, "I'll Cry Tomorrow."
(d) The movie, "The Stepford Wives."
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
2. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
3. What was John Ross's real last name?
4. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
5. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)