|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
(a) Patty Duke.
(b) Sharon Tate.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Liza Minnelli.
2. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
(a) Ben Gazzara.
(b) The Rosses.
(c) Huntz Hall.
(d) Ray Duke.
3. Where did Duke meet her new business manager after her breakup with David Licht?
(a) Near the beach.
(b) In a restaurant parking lot.
(c) In the Westwood.
(d) At the Sierra apartments.
4. What was the main reason that the Rosses were willing to let Duke leave The Miracle Worker play?
(a) New York was too cold.
(b) They were losing money.
(c) To be in the film version.
(d) She was too old.
5. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
(a) She wanted to bury the hatchet.
(b) She told Ethel Ross off, fiercely.
(c) She intended to sue her.
(d) She wanted to send the woman money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
2. Who was Bambi?
3. What did John Ross apologize about in a letter to Duke in Chapter 15?
4. Where did Duke get her first kiss?
5. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)