|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry Falk promise Duke about Mount Sinai hospital when he wanted her to go there?
(a) She would be fine in a week.
(b) It was just like a regular hospital.
(c) Her mother was also there.
(d) He would be in there with her.
2. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Shining shoes.
(b) Waiting tables.
(c) Driving a taxi cab.
(d) Selling newspapers.
3. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(a) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) The Music Man.
4. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
(a) Anne Bancroft.
(b) Julie Harris.
(c) Laurence Olivier.
(d) Helen Hayes.
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
Short Answer Questions
1. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
2. What was John Ross's real last name?
3. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
4. Why did Duke dislike her television characters' clothing?
5. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)