|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
(a) Help me.
(c) Ma-ma, the voice of a doll.
(d) Please, in a whisper.
2. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(b) John Ross.
(c) Ethel Ross.
(d) Mrs. Duke.
3. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
(a) Huntz Hall.
(b) Ben Gazzara.
(c) Ray Duke.
(d) The Rosses.
4. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Roman Polanski.
(d) Helen Keller.
5. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
(a) Her father died.
(b) Gramma Howe died.
(c) John Ross was in a hospital.
(d) She attempted suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
2. What does Duke wish she could have done for John Astin's children?
3. What did Duke do for Gene Kirkland in Chapter 22?
4. What restriction did Ethel Ross place on Duke during John Ross's funeral?
5. Why did Irwin try to convince Duke in Chapter 30 that John Astin was a problem in her life?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)