|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
(a) To Sir With Love.
(c) In Cold Blood.
(d) Gone With the Wind.
2. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) Sir Laurence Olivier.
(b) Her father.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Her mother.
3. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
(b) Arthur Penn.
(c) John Mortimer.
(d) Walter Miller.
4. What did Bob Banner, the producer of "My Sweet Charlie" tell Duke, confidentially, in Chapter 23?
(a) Someone on set was involved with drugs.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) Al Freeman, Jr. would be fired.
(d) The producer had run out of money.
5. Where did Duke spend her last two years of elementary school?
(a) Quintano School.
(b) Willard Mace.
(c) Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary.
(d) Los Angeles Elementary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
2. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
3. What happened to Duke in Chapter 31 while singing the words to a song she did not know?
4. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
5. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)