|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
(a) Helen Hayes.
(b) Anne Bancroft.
(c) Julie Harris.
(d) Laurence Olivier.
2. Who was the character, Neely, from The Valley of the Dolls based upon?
(a) Sharon Tate.
(b) Judy Garland.
(c) Liza Minnelli.
(d) Patty Duke.
3. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Ripped her clothes off.
(b) Made her sick.
(c) Let her go on.
(d) Tripped her onstage.
4. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(c) The Virgin Islands.
5. What are the Doheny Towers?
(a) Duke's mother's apartment house.
(b) The TV studio in Los Angeles.
(c) The place Harry Falk lived in on Fire Island.
(d) The apartment building Duke moved into.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
2. Who did Duke get to meet through her work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Chapter 14?
3. What is one of the first things Duke did after marrying Harry Falk?
4. What book was Harry Falk reading on Fire Island in Chapter 19?
5. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)