|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
(a) The 4-D Man.
(b) The Blob.
(c) The Atomic Kid.
(d) They Came From Outer Space.
2. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
(a) Patricia Neal.
(b) Annie Sullivan.
(c) Torin Thatcher.
(d) Annie Bancroft.
3. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Sir Laurence Olivier.
(d) John Astin.
4. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A quiz show.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A soap opera.
(d) A variety show.
5. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
(a) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Puerto Rico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
2. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
3. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
4. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
5. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)