|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) Duke, herself.
(b) The Rosses.
(c) Duke's audience.
(d) Duke's father.
2. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Shining shoes.
(c) Driving a taxi cab.
(d) Selling newspapers.
3. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(b) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(c) The Booth Theater closed down.
(d) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
4. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) The Story of My Life.
(b) Helen Keller's Life.
(c) In the Seven Woods.
(d) The Land of Little Rain.
5. With what illness was Duke diagnosed in 1982?
(c) Social anxiety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
2. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
3. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
4. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
5. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)