|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) A variety show.
(d) A quiz show.
2. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Give him hugs.
(b) Push him off stage.
(c) Beat up on him.
(d) Kiss him.
3. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
(a) The Rosses cut it.
(b) She dyed it blond.
(c) The Rosses gave her a body wave.
(d) She wore it down.
4. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
(a) The Bad Seed.
(b) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Glass Menagerie.
(d) Our Town.
5. What television show was Duke guest-starring in when she was called to Sid Sheinberg's office?
(a) Happy Days.
(b) Wonder Woman.
(c) The Six Million Dollar Man.
(d) Matt Lincoln, M.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
2. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
3. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
4. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)