|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
(a) New Yorkese.
2. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(a) Serve cookies.
3. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
(a) Allergy medicine.
4. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) Katharine Cornell.
(c) Cary Grant.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
5. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) The Ross's.
(b) John Astin.
(c) Duke's grandfather.
(d) Duke's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
2. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
3. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
4. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
5. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)