|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Tripped her onstage.
(b) Made her sick.
(c) Ripped her clothes off.
(d) Let her go on.
2. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
3. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(a) The Bad Seed.
(b) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Music Man.
4. What was John Ross's real last name?
5. Who did the Rosses hope to create a duplicate of, by way of Duke?
(a) Lana Turner.
(b) Grace Kelly.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
2. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
3. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
4. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
5. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)