|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) Duke's family.
(b) John Astin.
(c) Duke's grandfather.
(d) The Ross's.
2. What was John Ross's real last name?
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She was a dancer.
(c) She sang.
(d) She waited tables.
4. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
(a) Academic tests.
(c) Media interviews.
(d) Acting roles.
5. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(c) Braiding hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Rosses and Duke go on their one vacation during The Miracle Worker's run?
2. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
3. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
4. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
5. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)