|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her age.
(b) The money she was making.
(c) Her two-inch heels.
(d) Her pride in herself.
2. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
(a) Duke's grandfather.
(b) The Ross's.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Duke's family.
3. What was John Ross's real last name?
4. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He wasn't very tall.
(b) He had no skills.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He hadn't gone to high school.
5. Where did Duke's father take her on Sundays after church?
(b) To the bakery.
(c) To Grandpa's bar.
(d) To a playground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
2. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
3. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
4. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
5. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)