|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(b) John Ross.
(c) Ethel Ross.
(d) Mrs. Duke.
2. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(a) Washing her face.
(c) Clearing her throat.
(d) Jumping out of bed.
3. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
(a) Her father.
(b) Sir Laurence Olivier.
(c) John Astin.
(d) Her mother.
4. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
(c) Christian Scientist.
5. Who was Bambi?
(a) Mrs. Duke's pet name for her daughter.
(b) The Ross's dog.
(c) A pet deer of Duke's.
(d) Duke's favorite doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
2. What role-playing game did Duke play with her childhood friend, Margie?
3. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
4. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
5. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)