|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Ethel Ross tell Duke she now was, in Chapter 9?
(b) Christian Scientist.
2. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
3. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
4. What was "Skelly and Larney's"?
(a) A neighborhood bar.
(b) The church.
(c) A funeral home.
(d) The local deli.
5. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
(a) The movie, "The Stepford Wives."
(b) A Christmastime commercial.
(c) The film, "I'll Cry Tomorrow."
(d) A documentary for wayward children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
2. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
3. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
4. What show had Eddie Hodges, the boy she competed with on The $64,000 Challenge, been in?
5. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)