|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
(a) Duke was given star billing on the theater's marquee.
(b) The Rosses left Duke as managers.
(c) The Booth Theater closed down.
(d) Duke was fired from The Miracle Worker.
2. With what illness was Duke diagnosed in 1982?
(c) Social anxiety.
3. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
(a) Duke's audience.
(b) Duke's father.
(c) Duke, herself.
(d) The Rosses.
4. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her age.
(b) Her pride in herself.
(c) Her two-inch heels.
(d) The money she was making.
5. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(c) The Bad Seed.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
2. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
3. When Duke was eight-years-old, Ethel Ross made her wear clothing for a child of what age?
4. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
5. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)