|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
2. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
(a) Julie Harris.
(b) Laurence Olivier.
(c) Helen Hayes.
(d) Anne Bancroft.
3. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Consumed alcohol.
(b) Taken drugs.
(c) Flew on an airplane.
(d) Smoked cigarettes.
4. What has Duke never been able to deal with successfully?
(a) Taking drugs.
(b) The loss of her father.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Her fame.
5. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
2. With what illness was Duke diagnosed in 1982?
3. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
4. Why did Duke go through basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1985?
5. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)