|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of her very first acting jobs does Duke remember best?
(a) The film, "I'll Cry Tomorrow."
(b) A Christmastime commercial.
(c) The movie, "The Stepford Wives."
(d) A documentary for wayward children.
2. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
(a) Working with Ray.
(b) Making commercials.
(c) LIving with the Rosses.
(d) Losing her mother.
3. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
4. What kind of accent did Duke have that the Rosses wanted to change?
(c) New Yorkese.
5. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her two-inch heels.
(b) The money she was making.
(c) Her pride in herself.
(d) Her age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
2. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
3. Who lived at 316 East 31st Street?
4. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
5. Who stood in the back of the theater to watch Duke perform in The Miracle Worker without her finding out about it until much later?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)