|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) To disturb the Rosses.
(b) She was very tired.
(c) She felt underpaid.
(d) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
2. What did the Rosses prep Duke for, with John Ross quizzing her on every possible topic or approach?
(a) Media interviews.
(b) Academic tests.
(d) Acting roles.
3. Which summer stock play production did Duke fail to win a part in?
(a) The Bad Seed.
(b) Mary Poppins.
(d) Fiddler on the Roof.
4. What happened to Duke's mother's hand when the family lived on East 31st Street?
(a) She sprained it hitting Patty.
(b) Scroungy bit it.
(c) It got stuck in the washing machine.
(d) It got caught in the door.
5. What color was John Ross's hair when Duke met him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
2. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
3. What happened to Duke's hair when she got too old to wear braids?
4. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
5. What neighborhood did Duke's family live in when she was a child?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)