|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Someone would steal it.
(b) Her father threw it out the window.
(c) It would burn down.
(d) Her mother tipped it over.
2. Why did Duke sometimes purposely make mistakes during rehearsals of The Miracle Worker?
(a) She felt underpaid.
(b) She was very tired.
(c) To get Arthur Penn to talk to her.
(d) To disturb the Rosses.
3. What has Duke descended from a very long line of?
(b) Drug addicts.
(d) Truck drivers.
4. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) The Bible.
(c) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(d) The New York Times.
5. Where did Duke's brother Ray have to fly home from to identify their father's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
2. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
3. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
4. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
5. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)