|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was young Billy McNally doing when the Rosses discovered him?
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Shining shoes.
(c) Selling newspapers.
(d) Driving a taxi cab.
2. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(b) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(c) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(d) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
3. What was Duke's father's main problem in life?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He hadn't gone to high school.
(c) He wasn't very tall.
(d) He had no skills.
4. What happened to Duke's family's Christmas tree nearly every year when she was a child?
(a) Her father threw it out the window.
(b) It would burn down.
(c) Her mother tipped it over.
(d) Someone would steal it.
5. What has Ray not done ever since his father died?
(a) Flew on an airplane.
(b) Smoked cigarettes.
(c) Taken drugs.
(d) Consumed alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
2. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
3. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
4. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
5. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)