|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
(a) He had arthritis.
(b) He feared germs.
(c) Astin disgusted him.
(d) He had a broken arm.
2. What did Duke have to walk to a bar to get as a child?
(a) A hot meal for home.
(b) Money from her father.
(d) Money she would beg for from strangers.
3. What is the title of the science fiction film that Duke was in from 1959?
(a) The Atomic Kid.
(b) They Came From Outer Space.
(c) The Blob.
(d) The 4-D Man.
4. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
(b) The Bad Seed.
(c) The Music Man.
(d) The Miracle Worker.
5. What happened to Duke just before rehearsals as the result of an accident in Chapter 9?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) She broker her leg.
(c) She cut her forehead.
(d) She had a high fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
2. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
3. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
4. What does Duke associate the smells of Old Spice and alcohol with?
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)