|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(b) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(c) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(d) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
2. For which play did rehearsals begin in August of 1959?
(a) Our Town.
(b) The Bad Seed.
(c) The Glass Menagerie.
(d) The Miracle Worker.
3. What was the main reason that the Rosses were willing to let Duke leave The Miracle Worker play?
(a) To be in the film version.
(b) She was too old.
(c) New York was too cold.
(d) They were losing money.
4. In which year was the final episode of The Patty Duke Show filmed?
5. Where did Duke and the other stars of Valley of the Dolls promote the film?
(a) At Macy's department store.
(b) On a cruise ship.
(c) In Hollywood.
(d) In a New York hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
2. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
3. What did Harry Falk like to collect?
4. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
5. What did Duke have to do to Caswell Fairweather on stage in The Miracle Worker?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)