|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As told in Chapter 10, what did Duke have to hide from other people, even after knowing how well The Miracle Worker was doing?
(a) Her age.
(b) Her two-inch heels.
(c) The money she was making.
(d) Her pride in herself.
2. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
(a) Annie Bancroft.
(b) Annie Sullivan.
(c) Torin Thatcher.
(d) Patricia Neal.
3. On which bridge in Chapter 4 was Duke traveling in a taxi cab when she got out and ran away, scared?
(a) The Triborough Bridge.
(b) The George Washington Bridge.
(c) The 59th Street Bridge.
(d) The Brooklyn Bridge.
4. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
(a) "Great day!"
(b) "You're the best."
(c) "Love ya!"
(d) "Good girl!"
5. What is one of the first things Duke did after marrying Harry Falk?
(a) She went to work.
(b) Have an anxiety attack.
(c) Collect her savings bond money.
(d) Go for a drink in her father's neighborhood bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Ethel and John Ross have of their own?
2. Who was Joanna Barnes?
3. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
4. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
5. Who did Duke have her most memorable meeting with during the run of The Miracle Worker?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)