|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Rosses have Stanley Praeger fired in Chapter 14?
(a) He abused Duke.
(b) He was always late to the set.
(c) He was not a good director.
(d) He was getting too close to Duke.
2. What did the Rosses have Duke do from her very first audition?
(a) Serve cookies.
3. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(b) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(c) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(d) She told Duke she could not see past her.
4. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(a) Braiding hair.
5. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
(b) The Upper West Side.
(c) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
2. Who was Mrs. Duke most worried about during Duke's near-accidental drowning in Chapter 11?
3. What happened to disrupt Duke's and her husband's first day driving to work together in Chapter 18?
4. What did Duke get to say to Annie during The MIracle Worker play, without the audience knowing it was her speaking?
5. What was John Ross's attitude towards Duke when he drank too much in Chapter 13?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)