|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
(a) Ripped her clothes off.
(b) Tripped her onstage.
(c) Let her go on.
(d) Made her sick.
2. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(b) She told Duke she could not see past her.
(c) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(d) She called her too fat for the aisles.
3. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
(a) The Story of My Life.
(b) In the Seven Woods.
(c) The Land of Little Rain.
(d) Helen Keller's Life.
4. When Duke introduced her then-husband, John Astin, to Sir Laurence Olivier, why couldn't Olivier shake hands?
(a) He had a broken arm.
(b) Astin disgusted him.
(c) He feared germs.
(d) He had arthritis.
5. Why was The Patty Duke Show so exciting for Duke to do?
(a) She simply loved television acting.
(b) She was in love with her boyfriend co-star.
(c) The TV role was challenging for her to do.
(d) She had some freedom at last.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
2. Who, in Chapter 9, did Duke hero-worship and become very close to?
3. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
4. Who did Duke appear with in the television production of "One Red Rose for Christmas"?
5. What event took place for Duke on March 7, 1960?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)