|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what did a woman in the supermarket say to Duke in 1979, which led her to lose forty pounds?
(a) She asked when Duke's baby was due.
(b) She asked if Duke needed help walking.
(c) She called her too fat for the aisles.
(d) She told Duke she could not see past her.
2. What did the Rosses have a doctor give Duke a shot of whenever she was ill in Chapter 11?
(d) Allergy medicine.
3. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
(a) Walter Miller.
(b) Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
(c) Arthur Penn.
(d) John Mortimer.
4. What job did Ernesto Caparos have on The Miracle Worker film?
(c) Script writer.
5. Why was The Patty Duke Show so exciting for Duke to do?
(a) She was in love with her boyfriend co-star.
(b) She simply loved television acting.
(c) She had some freedom at last.
(d) The TV role was challenging for her to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joanna Barnes?
2. What was the Ross's standard positive phrase to Duke, as told in Chapter 13?
3. What did Duke have nightmares about in Chapter 6?
4. Why did the Rosses let Duke leave the apartment on her own to begin filming in Chapter 12?
5. Who lived in an old mansion on 74th Street in Manhattan?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)