|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first things Duke did after marrying Harry Falk?
(a) Collect her savings bond money.
(b) Have an anxiety attack.
(c) She went to work.
(d) Go for a drink in her father's neighborhood bar.
2. What habit did Duke develop to cover the sound of her screams at night in Chapter 4?
(a) Clearing her throat.
(b) Washing her face.
(d) Jumping out of bed.
3. What commercial was Joey Trent, the other child the Rosses coached, famous for?
(c) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(d) Coca Cola.
4. What word did the Rosses use to tell Duke about the way she looked?
5. What became a major concern and source of anxiety to Duke because of something Ethel Ross said when she changed Duke's name?
(a) Braiding hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke do in Chapter 13 when John Ross made advances towards her in the hotel room?
2. What was Duke's real name, that the Rosses wanted to change?
3. What had Ethel Ross once done for a living?
4. What did Duke do to her understudy on a matinee day in Chapter 10?
5. In which year did Duke make headlines in the New York Times?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)