|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on February 2, 1963, in Chapter 15?
(a) Ethel Ross died.
(b) Mrs. Duke was declared incompetent.
(c) The Rosses adopted Duke.
(d) Mr. Duke died.
2. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
(a) They felt pity for him.
(b) To help him out.
(c) To try and adopt his daughter.
(d) He had a contract with them.
3. What are the Doheny Towers?
(a) The TV studio in Los Angeles.
(b) The apartment building Duke moved into.
(c) The place Harry Falk lived in on Fire Island.
(d) Duke's mother's apartment house.
4. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
(a) Gramma Howe died.
(b) John Ross was in a hospital.
(c) She attempted suicide.
(d) Her father died.
5. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
(a) They separated her from Harry Falk.
(b) They locked away her clothing.
(c) Ethel brought up her husband's suicide attempt.
(d) Duke had purchased a plane ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
2. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
3. What were there a lot of in the isolation booths of The $64,000 Challenge?
4. What did John Ross apologize about in a letter to Duke in Chapter 15?
5. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)