|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) John Ross.
(c) Ethel Ross.
(d) Mrs. Duke.
2. What type of television show was The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) A variety show.
(b) A quiz show.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A soap opera.
3. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Quitting the acting business.
(b) Getting remarried.
(c) Losing her mind.
(d) Taking hard drugs.
4. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(b) The Bad Seed.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) The Sound of Music.
5. In Chapter 7, what did Shirley Bernstein suggest that Duke read in preparation for The $64,000 Challenge?
(a) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(b) The New York Times.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What board game did Michael Tell and Duke play at her apartment in the Sierra Towers?
2. Why did the Rosses begin to send Mr. Duke money every month?
3. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
4. What was the gist of Duke's letter to Ethel Ross that her new manager told her not to send?
5. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)