|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
(a) Gramma Howe died.
(b) Her father died.
(c) She attempted suicide.
(d) John Ross was in a hospital.
2. Who called Duke one night to tell her John Ross had died?
(a) Harry Falk.
(b) Joey Trent.
(c) Patricia Neal.
(d) Arthur Penn.
3. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To write his novel.
(c) To get a good rest.
(d) To attempt suicide.
4. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(a) Ethel Ross.
(c) Mrs. Duke.
(d) John Ross.
5. Where did Duke spend her last two years of elementary school?
(a) Quintano School.
(b) Willard Mace.
(c) Los Angeles Elementary.
(d) Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Helen Keller's autobiography that John Ross made Duke read parts of?
2. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
3. In which play did Duke win a major role in Chapter 8?
4. Who begged Duke to check herself into Westwood Psychiatric Hospital again in Chapter 25?
5. What writer did Duke have a crush on in Chapter 8?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)