|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Duke to curse at the Rosses for the first time ever?
(a) They had locked Duke in a closet.
(b) They let Ethel's mother die.
(c) They would not let her date Frank Sinatra, Jr.
(d) A fire erupted in the apartment.
2. Who was the principal earner in the Ross household?
(b) Ethel Ross.
(c) John Ross.
(d) Mrs. Duke.
3. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
(a) She cannot stand them.
(b) She adores them.
(c) She is jealous of them.
(d) She believes they are intrusive.
4. What night of the year was it when Duke's sister went out with a man and her mother attacked herself?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Easter Sunday.
5. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To get a good rest.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To write his novel.
(d) To attempt suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Duke's relationship with Frank Sinatra, Jr., mostly consist of?
2. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
3. How did Duke come across during the 1970 Emmy Awards show when she won?
4. What did Duke call Ethel Ross's mother?
5. What happened on February 2, 1963, in Chapter 15?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)