|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duke on the brink of doing when she escaped the Westwood in Chapter 25?
(a) Taking hard drugs.
(b) Quitting the acting business.
(c) Losing her mind.
(d) Getting remarried.
2. One of Duke's biggest career disappointments was not being cast in which film?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) The Bad Seed.
3. Why did John Ross go to Newark, New Jersey in Chapter 15?
(a) To attempt suicide.
(b) To get a good rest.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To write his novel.
4. What does Duke think of her in-laws (John Astin's parents)?
(a) She cannot stand them.
(b) She is jealous of them.
(c) She believes they are intrusive.
(d) She adores them.
5. Where did Duke spend most of her summer after storming out and leaving the Rosses?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) At her mother's apartment.
(c) With Harry Falk.
(d) On the set.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precipitated Duke's last argument with the Rosses, leading her to walk out on them?
2. Why did Duke marry Michael Tell?
3. What did John Ross apologize about in a letter to Duke in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 4, it is noted that Mrs. Duke lived in a basement apartment in:
5. What emotionally significant occurrence happened for Duke in the summer of 1963?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)