Introduction and Chapters 1-2
• Patty Duke is born Anna Marie Duke.
• Patty met with Sid Sheinberg, president of MCA. The meeting ended with Patty throwing his own Mickey Mouse clock at him.
• Patty's father was an alcoholic and her mother kicked her father out of the house.
• Patty's mother, Frances, often suffered dark depressions.
• At the age of thirty-nine, Patty was a controlled, calm woman who had been undergoing treatment for manic depression for several years.
• Anna Marie Duke was taken, at the age of seven or eight, to meet the Rosses, her brother Ray's managers in his endeavors as an actor.
• Ethel announced to Anna Marie that they were going to change her name and that Anna Marie was dead and she was Patty now.
• Patty would often have terrible nightmares and suffer panic attacks.
• The Rosses changed the way Patty looked, and worked with...
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)