|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
2. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
3. Following the event with Leo and his cousin, what does David do during cheder?
4. Who does David tell the rabbis is truly his aunt?
5. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although they grew up in different times and places, Albert and David have distinct similarities in their childhoods. Compare and contrast their childhood situations. How have Albert's childhood experiences influenced David's childhood experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Why does David tell such an elaborate lie about his parents to the rabbis? What does his lie reveal about him?
Essay Topic 3
Freedom or independence is one of the themes present in the book. Who in the book has freedom or independence? How does David feel about being independent? Who does not have independence? Why?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)