|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
2. Following the event with Leo and his cousin, what does David do during cheder?
3. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
4. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
5. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does David have a visionary experience at the river? What does his vision mean? Is it truly a vision or just a memory?
Essay Topic 2
Why does David tell such an elaborate lie about his parents to the rabbis? What does his lie reveal about him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss David's journey through the book. Does he undergo some changes? If so, what are the changes? What causes the changes?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)