|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
2. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
3. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
4. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
5. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What reasons for marriage are presented in Call It Sleep? What impression of marriage does this give? Are those reasons for marriage still valid today? In other words, do people still marry for some of those same reasons? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why does David tell such an elaborate lie about his parents to the rabbis? What does his lie reveal about him?
Essay Topic 3
Why is this book titled Call It Sleep? What does the title mean?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)