|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
2. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
3. Who does David tell the rabbis told him the truth about his parents?
4. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
5. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is this book titled Call It Sleep? What does the title mean?
Essay Topic 2
David is placed into several situations where sex or sexuality are involved. What are those situations? How do they affect David? What role does David play in the situations?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss David's journey through the book. Does he undergo some changes? If so, what are the changes? What causes the changes?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)