|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
2. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
3. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
4. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
5. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religion and spirituality play a big role in Call It Sleep. How do David's family's religious beliefs affect him? Do you think David believes as his parents do, or does he seem to be finding his own way? What role does Christianity play in the book? How do the Christian characters affect David's life?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the setting of Call It Sleep important? What is New York like at the time? How does the physical and historical setting affect David?
Essay Topic 3
Explain David's hallucination following his electrocution. What does it mean? What aspects of his childhood are brought together in the hallucination?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)