|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
2. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
3. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
4. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
5. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Light is a major theme throughout the book. Describe how the author uses light in the story. What does it mean? Does it mean different things in different situations? Why does the author choose to use light in this manner?
Essay Topic 2
David experiences a great deal of fear in his life. What are some of his fears? How do his fears affect him? Is he able to overcome those fears? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the setting of Call It Sleep important? What is New York like at the time? How does the physical and historical setting affect David?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)