|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
2. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
3. Who does David tell the rabbis told him the truth about his parents?
4. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
5. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is this book titled Call It Sleep? What does the title mean?
Essay Topic 2
Why does David have a feeling of triumph at the end of the book when Albert is clearly upset by his son's near death? Why does he seem to believe he has achieved a victory?
Essay Topic 3
David experiences a great deal of fear in his life. What are some of his fears? How do his fears affect him? Is he able to overcome those fears? If so, how?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)