|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
2. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
3. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
4. Who chases after the milk thieves?
5. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Light is a major theme throughout the book. Describe how the author uses light in the story. What does it mean? Does it mean different things in different situations? Why does the author choose to use light in this manner?
Essay Topic 2
Albert and David are both manipulated by people they consider friends. Albert is manipulated by Luter and David is manipulated by Leo. Compare and contrast the relationships between each of these pairs. How are Albert and David manipulated? Why do they allow themselves to be manipulated?
Essay Topic 3
What does the picture Genya purchases mean to her? What does it remind her of? Why does it make her happy? Does the title of this section of the book, "The Picture," refer only to the picture Genya purchases? Why or why not?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)