|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
2. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
3. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
4. What happened to Leo's father?
5. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author never answers the question of whether or not David is truly Albert's son. Do you think Albert is David's biological father? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss David's journey through the book. Does he undergo some changes? If so, what are the changes? What causes the changes?
Essay Topic 3
Why is this book titled Call It Sleep? What does the title mean?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)