|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
2. Who does David see as his refuge?
3. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
4. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
5. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does David tell such an elaborate lie about his parents to the rabbis? What does his lie reveal about him?
Essay Topic 2
Although they grew up in different times and places, Albert and David have distinct similarities in their childhoods. Compare and contrast their childhood situations. How have Albert's childhood experiences influenced David's childhood experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Light is a major theme throughout the book. Describe how the author uses light in the story. What does it mean? Does it mean different things in different situations? Why does the author choose to use light in this manner?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)