|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David pray for in Book IV?
2. Who looks after Leo during the day?
3. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
4. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
5. Who does David tell the rabbis told him the truth about his parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Light is a major theme throughout the book. Describe how the author uses light in the story. What does it mean? Does it mean different things in different situations? Why does the author choose to use light in this manner?
Essay Topic 2
Albert and David are both manipulated by people they consider friends. Albert is manipulated by Luter and David is manipulated by Leo. Compare and contrast the relationships between each of these pairs. How are Albert and David manipulated? Why do they allow themselves to be manipulated?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the setting of Call It Sleep important? What is New York like at the time? How does the physical and historical setting affect David?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)