|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
2. Who looks after Leo during the day?
3. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
4. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
5. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain David's hallucination following his electrocution. What does it mean? What aspects of his childhood are brought together in the hallucination?
Essay Topic 2
Why does David tell such an elaborate lie about his parents to the rabbis? What does his lie reveal about him?
Essay Topic 3
The author never answers the question of whether or not David is truly Albert's son. Do you think Albert is David's biological father? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)