|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David see as his refuge?
2. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
3. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
4. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
5. Who does David tell the rabbis is truly his aunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David is placed into several situations where sex or sexuality are involved. What are those situations? How do they affect David? What role does David play in the situations?
Essay Topic 2
The author never answers the question of whether or not David is truly Albert's son. Do you think Albert is David's biological father? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Although they grew up in different times and places, Albert and David have distinct similarities in their childhoods. Compare and contrast their childhood situations. How have Albert's childhood experiences influenced David's childhood experiences?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)