|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
2. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
3. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
4. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
5. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Albert and David are both manipulated by people they consider friends. Albert is manipulated by Luter and David is manipulated by Leo. Compare and contrast the relationships between each of these pairs. How are Albert and David manipulated? Why do they allow themselves to be manipulated?
Essay Topic 2
The author never answers the question of whether or not David is truly Albert's son. Do you think Albert is David's biological father? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does David tell such an elaborate lie about his parents to the rabbis? What does his lie reveal about him?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)