|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chases after the milk thieves?
(a) A store owner.
(d) A policeman.
2. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
(a) That he can blame the incident at Bertha's on Leo and Esther.
(b) That no one will find out about Leo and Esther.
(c) That he can tell his parents the rabbis are lying.
(d) That no one will find out about his lies.
3. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(c) To cheder.
4. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
5. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He hopes to fondle them.
(c) He doesn't know any girls.
(d) He would like a job at the candy store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David tell the rabbis told him the truth about his parents?
2. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
3. Where does Leo often go to play?
4. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
5. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)