|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
(a) Looking out the skylight window.
(b) His blanket.
(c) His mother's love.
(d) Thinking about God.
2. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
(a) Their nightgowns fly up.
(b) Esther accidently hits David.
(c) Esther gives Polly a bloody nose.
(d) Bertha comes in.
3. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
(a) In a car.
(b) On bikes.
(c) On skates.
4. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
5. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Painting on a wall.
(c) Doing homework.
(d) Cleaning his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
2. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
3. What does David give Albert to beat him with when Albert learns about the events at Bertha's?
4. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
5. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)