|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David see as his refuge?
(b) His mother.
2. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
(a) To give it to a cat.
(b) For the reward and the adventure.
(c) They want to keep the bird.
(d) To sell the bird.
3. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
(b) A coin.
(c) A metal dipper.
(d) His belt.
4. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
(a) Serve the rabbi tea.
(b) Recite a passage.
(c) Write a passage on the chalk board.
(d) Read before the rabbi's supervisor.
5. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
(a) A woman sleeping.
(b) A woman bathing.
(c) David being beaten.
(d) The bird returning home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
2. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
3. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
4. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
5. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)