|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is doing the laundry.
(c) She is bathing.
(d) She is cooking.
2. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
(a) Bertha's candy store.
(c) His room.
(d) The cellar.
3. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(c) Dark hallways and cellars.
4. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
(a) They go to the back of the house.
(b) They hide in a closet.
(c) They duck.
(d) They hide under a bed.
5. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(b) The cellar.
(c) The store.
(d) The coat room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
2. The morning after he hears about the bird chase, what does David find on the adjacent roof?
3. Where does Leo's mother work?
4. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
5. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)