|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Leo's father?
(a) He divorced Leo's mother.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was put in a mental institution.
(d) Leo's mother never married him.
2. What does David pray for in Book IV?
(a) That his father is not home.
(b) A job.
(c) A dog.
(d) That he can stay at Bertha's.
3. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
(a) The other man was fired.
(b) The other man is on vacation
(c) The other man is injured.
(d) The other man quit.
4. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
(a) He is late.
(b) David isn't able to perform adequately.
(c) He knows what Albert did.
(d) He reads the wrong passage.
5. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
(b) The rabbis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chases after the milk thieves?
2. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
3. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
4. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
5. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)