|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
2. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
(a) His father is Nathan.
(b) His father is an organist in Europe.
(c) His father is dead.
(d) He never knew his father.
3. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
(b) Bertha's candy store.
(c) His room.
(d) The cellar.
4. David runs from Bertha's to where?
(a) Leo's house.
(b) The roof.
(c) The cheder school.
(d) The river.
5. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
(a) She stole money.
(b) She killed someone.
(c) She cheated on him.
(d) David is really the Christian's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
2. Who chases after the milk thieves?
3. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
4. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
5. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)