|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David pray for in Book IV?
(a) That he can stay at Bertha's.
(b) That his father is not home.
(c) A job.
(d) A dog.
2. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
(a) That he can blame the incident at Bertha's on Leo and Esther.
(b) That no one will find out about Leo and Esther.
(c) That he can tell his parents the rabbis are lying.
(d) That no one will find out about his lies.
3. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
(b) After sunset.
(c) After Albert goes to bed.
(d) At dinner time.
4. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
(b) The rabbis.
5. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
(a) The president.
(c) A famous actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo's mother work?
2. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
3. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
4. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
5. Who looks after Leo during the day?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)