|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
(a) The other man was fired.
(b) The other man is on vacation
(c) The other man quit.
(d) The other man is injured.
2. What does David give Albert to beat him with when Albert learns about the events at Bertha's?
(a) A paddle.
(b) A broken whip.
(c) A wooden spoon.
(d) A belt.
3. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
(a) His belt.
(b) A metal dipper.
(c) A coin.
4. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
(a) A rosary.
(c) A phone number.
(d) A dirty picture.
5. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
(a) A dirty picture.
(b) A broken rosary.
(c) His skates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
2. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
3. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
4. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
5. Where does Leo's mother work?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)