|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after he hears about the bird chase, what does David find on the adjacent roof?
(a) A cat.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) A boy flying a kite.
(d) The canary.
2. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
(a) The rabbis.
3. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
4. What does David give Albert to beat him with when Albert learns about the events at Bertha's?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A broken whip.
(c) A belt.
(d) A paddle.
5. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A dirty picture.
(d) A phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
2. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
3. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
4. Who does David tell the rabbis is truly his aunt?
5. What happened to Leo's father?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)