|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
(a) A store owner.
(c) One of the theives.
2. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
(b) The roof of his own building.
(c) Leo's house.
(d) The river.
3. Where does Leo's mother work?
(a) At a diner.
(b) At the school.
(c) In a factory.
(d) In a bank as a custodian.
4. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
(a) At dinner time.
(c) After sunset.
(d) After Albert goes to bed.
5. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
2. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
3. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
4. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
5. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)