|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
(a) She cheated on him.
(b) She killed someone.
(c) David is really the Christian's son.
(d) She stole money.
2. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The coat room.
(c) The store.
3. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
(a) They hide in a closet.
(b) They duck.
(c) They hide under a bed.
(d) They go to the back of the house.
4. What is Leo's last name?
5. The morning after he hears about the bird chase, what does David find on the adjacent roof?
(a) A boy flying a kite.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) The canary.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
2. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
3. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
4. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
5. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)