|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
(a) A phone number.
(c) A dirty picture.
(d) A rosary.
2. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
(a) His father is an organist in Europe.
(b) His father is Nathan.
(c) His father is dead.
(d) He never knew his father.
3. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
(a) The woman is his Aunt Bertha.
(b) The boys actually killed the bird.
(c) It is all a lie.
(d) The woman is his mother.
4. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
(a) He doesn't know any girls.
(b) He would like a job at the candy store.
(c) He hopes to fondle them.
(d) He is lonely.
5. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(d) To cheder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
2. Who looks after Leo during the day?
3. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
4. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
5. What is Leo's last name?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)