|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chases after the milk thieves?
(c) A store owner.
(d) A policeman.
2. What does David give Albert to beat him with when Albert learns about the events at Bertha's?
(a) A broken whip.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A paddle.
(d) A belt.
3. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
(a) Read before the rabbi's supervisor.
(b) Write a passage on the chalk board.
(c) Recite a passage.
(d) Serve the rabbi tea.
4. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
(a) A group of girls.
(b) A group of boys.
5. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(b) The cellar.
(c) The store.
(d) The coat room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
2. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
3. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
4. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
5. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)