|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Molest him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Get him to play tea party.
(d) Get him in trouble with his mother.
2. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Become a millionaire.
(b) Never return to Dolman's Press.
(c) Get Luter fired.
(d) Kill Luter.
3. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
(a) Luter plans to kidnap David.
(b) Luter is lonely.
(c) Luter is in love with Albert.
(d) Luter wants to have an affair with her.
4. Where is Bertha from?
5. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) His car.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) A map.
(d) Subway tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
2. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
3. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
4. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
5. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David goes to Aunt Bertha's candy shop to see if Bertha has what he needs to go to Leo's neighborhood, what does Bertha ask David to do?
2. When David returns home from his and Leo's visit to Bertha's daughters, what is David afraid his parents will find out?
3. When David's parents argue after the rabbi tells them of David's lie, what does David learn about Albert's childhood?
4. Who does David's mother fail to recognize?
5. When he returns home from cheder after the milk route incident, why does David have to wait for Genya to open the door?
6. What lie does David tell the rabbis when he cries at cheder?
7. What religious event does Leo tell David about in Book IV: Chapters 7-14?
8. What does Genya tell David she thinks God is like?
9. What is Genya's reaction to Albert's foul mood when she arrives in New York?
10. How does David get home after he gets lost in Book I?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)