Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A street cleaner.
(b) A mail man.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A fireman.
2. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
3. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
4. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) At night.
(c) Only in the early hours of the morning.
(d) During the day.
5. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
(d) Ride horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
2. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
3. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
4. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
5. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Albert's reaction when he learns what has happened to David at the rails?
2. After going on the milk route with Albert, why is David unable to perform at cheder?
3. Why does David kick Yussie causing a bloody nose?
4. What saves David after he kicks the milk dipper on the rails?
5. How does David come to realize that there are some important things he does not know about his parents?
6. What religious event does Leo tell David about in Book IV: Chapters 7-14?
7. What does Genya tell David she thinks God is like?
8. Why does David have some difficulty listening in on his mother's conversations with Bertha?
9. What dismays Rabbi Yidel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
10. Why doesn't David run away when the men terrorize him and steal the milk?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)