|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He goes swimming.
(c) They mesmerizes him.
(d) They bore him.
2. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
(a) Isaiah and the coal.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) David and Goliath.
3. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) Subway tickets.
(b) His car.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) A map.
4. Where is Bertha from?
5. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is sad.
(b) David is frightened.
(c) David is excited.
(d) David is curious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
2. Where was David born?
3. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
4. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
5. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Albert before he has a chance to lash out at Luter at their workplace?
2. Genya warns Albert that he is becoming too close to Luter. Why is she concerned the relationship could cause trouble?
3. What happens when David tries to kick the milk dipper?
4. What is Genya's reaction to Albert's foul mood when she arrives in New York?
5. What does David hallucinate?
6. Why does Albert take David along on his milk route?
7. What saves David after he kicks the milk dipper on the rails?
8. Why do David and his mother come to New York?
9. What does Genya tell David she thinks God is like?
10. What is a chumitz?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)