|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leo's last name?
2. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
3. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
4. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A club.
(b) The reins.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) A whip.
5. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
(a) Doing homework.
(b) Cleaning his room.
(c) Making lunch.
(d) Painting on a wall.
6. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
(a) A dirty picture.
(b) A broken rosary.
(c) His skates.
7. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
8. Whose job is it to protect the wagon and the milk while the milk is being delivered?
(b) A policeman.
(c) A hired guard.
9. Where does Leo's mother work?
(a) In a factory.
(b) In a bank as a custodian.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At the school.
10. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
(a) The other man is on vacation
(b) The other man is injured.
(c) The other man was fired.
(d) The other man quit.
11. What happened to Leo's father?
(a) He divorced Leo's mother.
(b) Leo's mother never married him.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was put in a mental institution.
12. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
(a) Ran for his mother.
(b) Called a doctor.
(c) Chased the bull away.
13. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
(a) He never knew his father.
(b) His father is Nathan.
(c) His father is an organist in Europe.
(d) His father is dead.
14. What does David pray for in Book IV?
(a) That his father is not home.
(b) A job.
(c) A dog.
(d) That he can stay at Bertha's.
15. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is doing the laundry.
(b) She is bathing.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Leo?
2. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
3. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
4. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
5. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)