|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
(a) She stole money.
(b) She killed someone.
(c) She cheated on him.
(d) David is really the Christian's son.
2. David runs from Bertha's to where?
(a) The cheder school.
(b) The roof.
(c) Leo's house.
(d) The river.
3. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
4. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A club.
(b) A whip.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) The reins.
5. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is bathing.
(b) She is doing the laundry.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is cooking.
6. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
(c) The rabbi.
7. What does Leo help Esther with?
(a) Tying a knot.
(b) Her dress.
(d) Putting on her skates.
8. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
9. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
(a) A dirty picture.
(b) His skates.
(c) A broken rosary.
10. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
11. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
12. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
(a) The president.
(c) A famous actor.
13. Where is David moved to immediately after he is electrocuted?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The cobbles.
(d) The rails.
14. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
(a) Write a passage on the chalk board.
(b) Serve the rabbi tea.
(c) Read before the rabbi's supervisor.
(d) Recite a passage.
15. What does David pray for in Book IV?
(a) A dog.
(b) That his father is not home.
(c) A job.
(d) That he can stay at Bertha's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
2. Where does Leo's mother work?
3. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
4. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
5. Who chases after the milk thieves?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)