|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
(a) The other man quit.
(b) The other man is on vacation
(c) The other man is injured.
(d) The other man was fired.
2. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A canary.
(c) A robin..
(d) A parakeet.
3. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
(a) Two bottles.
(b) The entire wagon.
(c) One case.
(d) Ten bottles.
4. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
(a) Leo's house.
(c) The roof of his own building.
(d) The river.
5. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
6. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
(b) A dirty picture.
(c) His skates.
(d) A broken rosary.
7. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
(b) The rabbi.
8. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
(a) A woman bathing.
(b) The bird returning home.
(c) David being beaten.
(d) A woman sleeping.
9. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
(a) The woman is his Aunt Bertha.
(b) The boys actually killed the bird.
(c) It is all a lie.
(d) The woman is his mother.
10. Where does Leo often go to play?
(a) His old neighborhood.
(b) To Bertha's house.
(c) The cellar.
(d) Behind the school.
11. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(b) To cheder.
12. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
(a) A group of boys.
(c) A group of girls.
13. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
(a) He knows what Albert did.
(b) He reads the wrong passage.
(c) He is late.
(d) David isn't able to perform adequately.
14. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
(a) His father is dead.
(b) His father is an organist in Europe.
(c) His father is Nathan.
(d) He never knew his father.
15. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
(a) A dirty picture.
(c) A phone number.
(d) A rosary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
2. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
3. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
4. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
5. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)