|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leo often go to play?
(a) The cellar.
(b) Behind the school.
(c) His old neighborhood.
(d) To Bertha's house.
2. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
(a) A dirty picture.
(c) His skates.
(d) A broken rosary.
3. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
(a) That no one will find out about his lies.
(b) That he can tell his parents the rabbis are lying.
(c) That no one will find out about Leo and Esther.
(d) That he can blame the incident at Bertha's on Leo and Esther.
4. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) The reins.
(c) A club.
(d) A whip.
5. How old is Leo?
6. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
(a) It was very happy.
(b) His mother was killed.
(c) He is an orphan.
(d) Albert's father was abusive.
7. What is Leo's last name?
8. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
9. What religion is Leo?
10. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
11. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is cooking.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is doing the laundry.
(d) She is bathing.
12. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
(a) The woman's anatomy.
13. What happened to Leo's father?
(a) Leo's mother never married him.
(b) He was put in a mental institution.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He divorced Leo's mother.
14. Whose job is it to protect the wagon and the milk while the milk is being delivered?
(a) A hired guard.
(d) A policeman.
15. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
(a) To give it to a cat.
(b) They want to keep the bird.
(c) To sell the bird.
(d) For the reward and the adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chases after the milk thieves?
2. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
3. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
4. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
5. Who does David tell the rabbis is truly his aunt?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)