|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David runs from Bertha's to where?
(a) The river.
(b) The cheder school.
(c) Leo's house.
(d) The roof.
2. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
(a) The rabbis.
(b) Albert and Genya.
(c) Esther and Polly.
(d) Nathan and Bertha.
3. Where does Leo often go to play?
(a) To Bertha's house.
(b) The cellar.
(c) Behind the school.
(d) His old neighborhood.
4. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is doing the laundry.
(b) She is cooking.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is bathing.
5. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
(a) His mother was killed.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) It was very happy.
(d) Albert's father was abusive.
6. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
(a) Into the storage cellar.
(b) Esther's bedroom.
(c) Leo's bedroom.
(d) Behind the candy store.
7. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
(c) The woman's anatomy.
8. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
(a) David is really the Christian's son.
(b) She killed someone.
(c) She stole money.
(d) She cheated on him.
9. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
(a) To sell the bird.
(b) They want to keep the bird.
(c) To give it to a cat.
(d) For the reward and the adventure.
10. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
(c) The rabbi.
11. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
(a) A store owner.
(b) One of the theives.
12. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
(a) In a car.
(c) On bikes.
(d) On skates.
13. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
(a) The cellar.
(b) His room.
(c) Bertha's candy store.
14. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
15. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
(a) Cleaning his room.
(b) Doing homework.
(c) Making lunch.
(d) Painting on a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
2. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
3. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
4. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
5. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)