|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
2. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
3. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
(d) An angel.
4. How old is Leo?
5. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
(d) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
6. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
(a) A parakeet.
(b) A canary.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A robin..
7. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
8. Who does David tell the rabbis told him the truth about his parents?
9. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is abusive.
(d) She is dead.
10. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
(a) He wishes he could bring all his friends there.
(b) It brings him peace and solitude.
(c) He thinks it is ugly.
(d) It scares him.
11. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
(a) The woman is his mother.
(b) The boys actually killed the bird.
(c) The woman is his Aunt Bertha.
(d) It is all a lie.
12. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
(a) She killed someone.
(b) She stole money.
(c) David is really the Christian's son.
(d) She cheated on him.
13. Where does Leo often go to play?
(a) To Bertha's house.
(b) Behind the school.
(c) The cellar.
(d) His old neighborhood.
14. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
(a) He knows what Albert did.
(b) David isn't able to perform adequately.
(c) He is late.
(d) He reads the wrong passage.
15. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
(a) On bikes.
(c) On skates.
(d) In a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leo's last name?
2. Who looks after Leo during the day?
3. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
4. Who does Bertha have David wake up?
5. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)