|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
(a) The cellar.
(c) His room.
(d) Bertha's candy store.
2. Who does David tell the rabbis is truly his aunt?
(b) He doesn't have an aunt.
(d) Mrs. Mink.
3. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
(a) It scares him.
(b) It brings him peace and solitude.
(c) He thinks it is ugly.
(d) He wishes he could bring all his friends there.
4. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
(c) The woman's anatomy.
5. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Painting on a wall.
(c) Cleaning his room.
(d) Doing homework.
6. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
(a) David is really the Christian's son.
(b) She cheated on him.
(c) She stole money.
(d) She killed someone.
7. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
8. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
(a) Bangs on the door.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Sits on the step and waits.
(d) Reads a book.
9. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
(b) Ran for his mother.
(c) Called a doctor.
(d) Chased the bull away.
10. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
(a) A woman bathing.
(b) The bird returning home.
(c) David being beaten.
(d) A woman sleeping.
11. Where is David moved to immediately after he is electrocuted?
(a) The rails.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The cobbles.
12. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
(a) At dinner time.
(c) After sunset.
(d) After Albert goes to bed.
13. Who looks after Leo during the day?
(b) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Mink.
14. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
(b) On skates.
(c) In a car.
(d) On bikes.
15. Who does David tell the rabbis told him the truth about his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
2. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
3. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
4. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
5. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)