|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bertha have David wake up?
(a) Her stepdaughters.
(c) Her employee.
2. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
3. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
(a) The boys actually killed the bird.
(b) The woman is his Aunt Bertha.
(c) The woman is his mother.
(d) It is all a lie.
4. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
(a) Cleaning his room.
(b) Painting on a wall.
(c) Doing homework.
(d) Making lunch.
5. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
(a) The policemen.
(b) The rabbi.
(c) David's mother.
(d) Albert's boss.
6. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(b) To cheder.
7. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
(a) Esther's bedroom.
(b) Behind the candy store.
(c) Into the storage cellar.
(d) Leo's bedroom.
8. Where is David moved to immediately after he is electrocuted?
(b) The hospital.
(c) The rails.
(d) The cobbles.
9. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
(a) A coin.
(c) His belt.
(d) A metal dipper.
10. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
(a) Esther and Polly.
(b) Albert and Genya.
(c) Nathan and Bertha.
(d) The rabbis.
11. Who chases after the milk thieves?
(a) A store owner.
(b) A policeman.
12. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
(a) A famous actor.
(d) The president.
13. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
(a) The rabbis.
14. What is Leo's last name?
15. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
(a) Esther gives Polly a bloody nose.
(b) Bertha comes in.
(c) Their nightgowns fly up.
(d) Esther accidently hits David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
2. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
3. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
4. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
5. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)