|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Leo?
2. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(c) To cheder.
3. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
(a) He doesn't know any girls.
(b) He hopes to fondle them.
(c) He would like a job at the candy store.
(d) He is lonely.
4. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
(a) A coin.
(c) A metal dipper.
(d) His belt.
5. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Painting on a wall.
(c) Doing homework.
(d) Cleaning his room.
6. What happened to Leo's father?
(a) Leo's mother never married him.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was put in a mental institution.
(d) He divorced Leo's mother.
7. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
(c) The woman's anatomy.
8. Where is David moved to immediately after he is electrocuted?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The rails.
(d) The cobbles.
9. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
(a) Esther and Polly.
(b) Albert and Genya.
(c) Nathan and Bertha.
(d) The rabbis.
10. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
11. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
(a) A chair.
(b) A log.
(c) The step.
(d) Milk cans.
12. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Sits on the step and waits.
(d) Bangs on the door.
13. What does Leo help Esther with?
(b) Putting on her skates.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Tying a knot.
14. Who chases after the milk thieves?
(c) A policeman.
(d) A store owner.
15. David runs from Bertha's to where?
(a) The river.
(b) The cheder school.
(c) The roof.
(d) Leo's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David pray for in Book IV?
2. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
3. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
4. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
5. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)