|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
(a) They want to keep the bird.
(b) To give it to a cat.
(c) To sell the bird.
(d) For the reward and the adventure.
2. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
(a) Two bottles.
(b) Ten bottles.
(c) The entire wagon.
(d) One case.
3. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
(a) The policemen.
(b) The rabbi.
(c) Albert's boss.
(d) David's mother.
4. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
(a) The woman's anatomy.
5. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
(a) Doing homework.
(b) Painting on a wall.
(c) Making lunch.
(d) Cleaning his room.
6. What happened to Leo's father?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was put in a mental institution.
(c) Leo's mother never married him.
(d) He divorced Leo's mother.
7. What does David pray for in Book IV?
(a) A job.
(b) A dog.
(c) That he can stay at Bertha's.
(d) That his father is not home.
8. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(a) Dark hallways and cellars.
9. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
(a) Thinking about God.
(b) Looking out the skylight window.
(c) His mother's love.
(d) His blanket.
10. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
(a) On bikes.
(c) In a car.
(d) On skates.
11. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(b) To cheder.
12. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
(b) The rabbi.
13. What is Leo's last name?
14. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
(c) An angel.
15. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is bathing.
(b) She is cooking.
(c) She is doing the laundry.
(d) She is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
2. Following the event with Leo and his cousin, what does David do during cheder?
3. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
4. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
5. What religion is Leo?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)