|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
(a) Called a doctor.
(b) Chased the bull away.
(c) Ran for his mother.
2. How old is Leo?
3. The morning after he hears about the bird chase, what does David find on the adjacent roof?
(a) A boy flying a kite.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) The canary.
(d) A cat.
4. Who looks after Leo during the day?
(c) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Mink.
5. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
(a) She cheated on him.
(b) David is really the Christian's son.
(c) She killed someone.
(d) She stole money.
6. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
(a) A group of girls.
(d) A group of boys.
7. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
(a) His mother's love.
(b) Looking out the skylight window.
(c) Thinking about God.
(d) His blanket.
8. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
(a) The rabbi.
(b) The policemen.
(c) David's mother.
(d) Albert's boss.
9. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
10. Following the event with Leo and his cousin, what does David do during cheder?
(a) Get in a fight.
(b) Talk out of turn.
(d) Yell at the rabbi.
11. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
(a) Two bottles.
(b) Ten bottles.
(c) The entire wagon.
(d) One case.
12. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
(a) Esther and Polly.
(b) Albert and Genya.
(c) The rabbis.
(d) Nathan and Bertha.
13. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
(a) He hopes to fondle them.
(b) He would like a job at the candy store.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He doesn't know any girls.
14. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
(b) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
(c) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(d) He is bored.
15. Where is David moved to immediately after he is electrocuted?
(a) The cobbles.
(c) The rails.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
2. What does David give Albert to beat him with when Albert learns about the events at Bertha's?
3. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
4. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
5. Who does David see as his refuge?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)