|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(b) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
2. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
(a) Albert's boss.
(b) The policemen.
(c) The rabbi.
(d) David's mother.
3. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
(a) Bertha's candy store.
(b) A skate shop.
(c) The cellar.
(d) His mother's closet.
4. What does David give Albert to beat him with when Albert learns about the events at Bertha's?
(a) A broken whip.
(b) A belt.
(c) A paddle.
(d) A wooden spoon.
5. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
(a) A group of boys.
(b) A group of girls.
6. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
(a) Sits on the step and waits.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Bangs on the door.
(d) Falls asleep.
7. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
(d) An angel.
8. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
9. Who does David see as his refuge?
(d) His mother.
10. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
(a) A broken rosary.
(b) A dirty picture.
(c) His skates.
11. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
(a) The president.
(d) A famous actor.
12. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(a) To cheder.
13. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) The reins.
(c) A whip.
(d) A club.
14. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(b) The cellar.
(c) The store.
(d) The coat room.
15. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(d) Dark hallways and cellars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo's mother work?
2. What happened to Leo's father?
3. David runs from Bertha's to where?
4. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
5. Whose job is it to protect the wagon and the milk while the milk is being delivered?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)