|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David tell the rabbis told him the truth about his parents?
2. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
(a) He wishes he could bring all his friends there.
(b) It brings him peace and solitude.
(c) It scares him.
(d) He thinks it is ugly.
3. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
(a) A famous actor.
(b) The president.
4. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
(b) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
(c) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(d) He is bored.
5. Where does Leo often go to play?
(a) To Bertha's house.
(b) His old neighborhood.
(c) The cellar.
(d) Behind the school.
6. Who does David tell the rabbis is truly his aunt?
(a) Mrs. Mink.
(c) He doesn't have an aunt.
7. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
(a) He never knew his father.
(b) His father is dead.
(c) His father is Nathan.
(d) His father is an organist in Europe.
8. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
(a) The roof of his own building.
(b) Leo's house.
(c) The river.
9. Who does Leo tell David killed Jesus?
10. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
(b) A group of girls.
(c) A group of boys.
11. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) The reins.
(c) A club.
(d) A whip.
12. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
(a) The other man is injured.
(b) The other man was fired.
(c) The other man is on vacation
(d) The other man quit.
13. Who does Bertha have David wake up?
(c) Her employee.
(d) Her stepdaughters.
14. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
(a) At dinner time.
(b) After sunset.
(d) After Albert goes to bed.
15. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(b) The coat room.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
2. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
3. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
4. What is Leo's last name?
5. What does Leo help Esther with?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)