|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
(d) An angel.
2. What religion is Leo?
3. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
(a) Leo's house.
(b) The roof of his own building.
(d) The river.
4. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
5. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(c) Dark hallways and cellars.
6. Who does David tell the rabbis is truly his aunt?
(c) He doesn't have an aunt.
(d) Mrs. Mink.
7. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
(c) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(d) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
8. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
(a) After sunset.
(b) After Albert goes to bed.
(c) At dinner time.
9. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
(a) One case.
(b) Two bottles.
(c) Ten bottles.
(d) The entire wagon.
10. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
(a) Recite a passage.
(b) Serve the rabbi tea.
(c) Write a passage on the chalk board.
(d) Read before the rabbi's supervisor.
11. What is Leo's last name?
12. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is abusive.
13. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
14. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
15. What does David give Albert to beat him with when Albert learns about the events at Bertha's?
(a) A paddle.
(b) A broken whip.
(c) A wooden spoon.
(d) A belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
2. David runs from Bertha's to where?
3. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
4. What happened to Leo's father?
5. Where does Leo often go to play?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)