|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
(a) They want to keep the bird.
(b) To give it to a cat.
(c) To sell the bird.
(d) For the reward and the adventure.
2. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
(a) The rabbi.
3. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A whip.
(b) The reins.
(c) A club.
(d) A milk bottle.
4. Who does David see as his refuge?
(d) His mother.
5. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(c) To cheder.
6. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(c) Dark hallways and cellars.
7. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
(a) The cellar.
(c) Bertha's candy store.
(d) His room.
8. What does Leo help Esther with?
(b) Her dress.
(c) Putting on her skates.
(d) Tying a knot.
9. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
(b) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
10. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
(a) His mother's closet.
(b) A skate shop.
(c) The cellar.
(d) Bertha's candy store.
11. David runs from Bertha's to where?
(a) The cheder school.
(b) The river.
(c) Leo's house.
(d) The roof.
12. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
(b) A group of boys.
(d) A group of girls.
13. Who looks after Leo during the day?
(a) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Mink.
14. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
(c) An angel.
15. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
(b) A phone number.
(c) A rosary.
(d) A dirty picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
2. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
3. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
4. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
5. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)