1. Why is 1907 an important year for Ellis Island?
In 1907, Ellis Island saw its highest number of immigrants passing through.
2. Why do David and his mother come to New York?
David and his mother come to New York to reunite with David's father who has been there for quite some time.
3. Who does David's mother fail to recognize?
Upon arriving in New York, David's mother does not recognize her own husband because she hasn't seen him for a while.
4. Why is Albert in a foul mood when his wife and child arrive in New York?
Albert is in a foul mood when he meets his wife and child in New York because his wife does not recognize him.
5. Why is David afraid of Albert when he first arrives in New York?
David is afraid of Albert when he first gets to New York because he's never met his father before and is now expected to call him "father."
This section contains 2,267 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)